the 100% directionless thread

CANMAN

Forum Asst. Chief
Really we have been hopping lately with some sick as snot people....

On a side note the grammar on my previous is attributed to posting on my damn phone and autocorrect.... Somedays I struggle with turning it on and off, especially when it corrects proper spelling however changes the word :(

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
Really we have been hopping lately with some sick as snot people....

On a side note the grammar on my previous is attributed to posting on my damn phone and autocorrect.... Somedays I struggle with turning it on and off, especially when it corrects proper spelling however changes the word :(
I hote when that happens. [emoji12]

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Work has been so boring lately.
I've somehow had 9 priority 1 patients in the last 3 days. I'm all about running calls and having some higher acuity, but 4 intubations in a few days is a bit much as a standard ground medic.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
Ran the absolute worst hospice call I've ever had last night.

Man that sucks. Sorry to hear about all that.

I would guess that the reason hospice didn't want you to give anything IM is because his opioid requirements would necessitate a volume that is impractical to give IM, which of course depends on the concentration that you carry (some places have the 10mg/ml concentration, which would work - or you could always do fentanyl, or even a little ketamine). It makes no sense that they would want you to put him through a transport to the hospital instead of simply waiting for the hospice nurse to come access the port, though. The whole point of hospice is to avoid the hospital.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
This all assumes that the hospice nurse would be attending the patient. She apparently refused to make the 45 minute drive. Hospital complained about that thankfully. I spoke with the charge nurse today, we'll see what happens.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
This all assumes that the hospice nurse would be attending the patient. She apparently refused to make the 45 minute drive. Hospital complained about that thankfully. I spoke with the charge nurse today, we'll see what happens.

Well, that would explain it I suppose. What a crappy situation.

Ewok Jerky

PA-C
Hesitated a little but I pulled the trigger on a 2-stroke Ryobi 42cc leaf blower today and man I am so glad I did. Hesitation was for a few different reasons, but for $200 bucks this kicks some serious butt. I was also very happy with the 18V power tool set I got from Ryoby last year for 'round the house type stuff. I've been hesitating on the Ryobi 18V weed wacker but I am so happy with this blower I think I will go ahead and get that too...In about 8 weeks when I get a paycheck that is I get a paycheck.

***most of the 100+ inches of snow we got over the last 2 months is already gone! I was able to burn some brush today!***

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Just want to take a moment to thank the Feds for providing us with funding for hazmat gear. Without them I would be covered in fiberglass insulation and we would not have surround sound in the station.
afc0f2e8fb9baa106f9f5c9077e34c1b.jpg

(Yes it's a training suit, rulax.)

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Looks like I'm working at least one day at coachella on a night cart.

Angel

Paramedic
giving up my shift tonight, my partner is an old dead soul and im not trying to spend 12 hours with her. i hope someone takes it.

terrible one

Always wandering
Nozzle man on 2,000' hose lay? Yes sir, thank you for the opportunity. Got some good fire the other day.

Anjel

Forum Angel
Hesitated a little but I pulled the trigger on a 2-stroke Ryobi 42cc leaf blower today and man I am so glad I did.

That's quite the commitment. Are you sure you're ready for that?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
25k trail race completed. My legs are on fire... Damn hills

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
I just got rid of my iPhone, got a galaxy note 4.I've been an iPhone user for the last 5 years, and I feel like all thumbs with the galaxy. No pun intended.

I also dropped AT&T and went with T Mobile. We'll see how that goes.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
So I worked today at one of our 12 hour day shifts (4 24hr units with an additional 2 12hr units on during the day), and we went available on radio at 0730, available in quarters at our assigned station at 0750, and then promptly stayed parked up until 1910 when we went AOR to head back to the EMS bay where that particular rig overnights and out of service at 1930...a big fat zero in the call log for today...the only other time that's happened was Thanksgiving day, so although it's "only" Easter eve, I'm not working tomorrow so I'm lumping the two together lol

Anjel

Forum Angel
I start a 36 hour shift tonight then I am off for 6 days.

Virginia Beach bound. If you see a woman arrested for hurting two 17 year old girls.... Send bail money.