the 100% directionless thread

Aprz

The New Beach Medic

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
We're required to buy our embroidered shell jacket, two uniform shirts, and a hat from our employer, then purchase our boots and pants separately. No uniform allowance, no voucher, nothing free...and they actually have the nerve to try and take the jacket back (that you paid for out of your own pocket) when you stop working there.
No I swear, I just can't find it....

ViolynEMT

Forum Chiefess
I would love to get a job so I can find out how much they cover, what we have to buy......:(

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
On kinda rhe uniform topic... i get my first flight suit next week ;)

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
All uniforms are supplied by the company. The only thing that isn't is your initial pair of boots and a belt.

We get something like 4 new uniforms per year (shirt and a selection of 3 different types of pants). Every 2 years we get a $150 boot voucher.

Each paycheck we get $14 as a uniform allowance.

We are in the process of deciding if we are going to change uniforms to a dark blue/black uniform shirt that is a high quality material.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Illegal is more like it. If the company forces you to buy the uniforms but provides no reimbursement it is your property plain and simple. It also makes it a tax write off on I reimbursed business expenses. When the company comes to get the jacket say it's mine, but I'll sell it back to you for twice what I paid for it ;).

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I think I found my favorite picture I've ever taken. I am going through photos from a shoot I did for a local fixed wing service and came across this gem. Totally off the cuff, and a good example of why this company is one of my favorite in terms of crews

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Wow. I actually had good luck using a traction splint yesterday! Every other time I've used one I haven't felt like it really helped the patient pain wise, but this one seemed to really improve the subjective pain score at least. I suppose it's hard to separate the benefit from the splint vs. the concurrent copious administration of IV Fentanyl, but something seemed to work quite well.

Angel

Paramedic
had another pt commit suicide. she had a note and list of people to contact and everything. really unfortunate...im so used to seeing people who make what seem like half hearted attempts, they don't actually want to die....maybe this lady didn't either, but it was too late for her.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Huzzah, escaped the dentist with no new cavities, even had an awesome BP on their little machine (117/80)..though she said I don't floss enough (what dentist ever thinks you do though??)

hate the dentist ever since falling out with one in DC, he said my work was finished and let me walk out of the office looking like hannibal lector with blood all over my chin....gotta go for my checkup on thursday...devastated lol

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Huzzah, escaped the dentist with no new cavities, even had an awesome BP on their little machine (117/80)..though she said I don't floss enough (what dentist ever thinks you do though??)
I never lie quite as much as when I'm sitting in that dentist chair. It makes me feel like a small child being chastised for something all over again.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Finally switching the way we do CPR. Moving to a pit crew style with asynchronous compressions/ventilations at a 10/1 ratio and only pausing for less then 10 seconds to do a rhythm check. No more intubating full arrests if a BLS adjunct is doing the job.

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Anyone use compression gear while running? My ankle (well the muscle from the outside of my shin down to my foot, right in the ankle area) really tightened up this morning, almost like a bad cramp

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Finally switching the way we do CPR. Moving to a pit crew style with asynchronous compressions/ventilations at a 10/1 ratio and only pausing for less then 10 seconds to do a rhythm check. No more intubating full arrests if a BLS adjunct is doing the job.
And no more C-Spine ;)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
hate the dentist ever since falling out with one in DC, he said my work was finished and let me walk out of the office looking like hannibal lector with blood all over my chin....gotta go for my checkup on thursday...devastated lol
Had that happen to me once. Now I make it a point to "use the bathroom" before walking back up to the counter or out into the waiting room.