the 100% directionless thread

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
And Chip Davis paved the way because he formed his own label, because nobody believed in his style of music. :)

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Hope everyone is doing well out there. Stay safe and sane.

Reactions: 9D4

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
image.jpg image.jpg Safe is easy. Sane doesn't seem to be lately hahaha.
I bought my first new vehicle today.
My ninja blew it's motor yesterday. Decided to say screw it and buy a new one. Found Clarissa (yes she's already been named by my girlfriend) at the dealer today for 8,000. I'm picking her up in the morning and finishing the paperwork, I had to get the paperwork in order for my ninja to trade in today.
2013 Triumph Street Triple with a whopping 4 miles on the odometer.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
View attachment 1668 View attachment 1667 Safe is easy. Sane doesn't seem to be lately hahaha.
My ninja blew it's motor yesterday. Decided to say screw it and buy a new one. Found Clarissa (yes she's already been named by my girlfriend) at the dealer today for 8,000. I'm picking her up in the morning and finishing the paperwork, I had to get the paperwork in order for my ninja to trade in today.

sweet bike mate, i got a white speed triple in 2011, AWESOME bikes enjoy!

ps get a tail tidy asap haha

Rhonda

Forum Lieutenant
Me: ma'am were all your other kids born full term?
Pt: what's that mean.

I know I shouldn't be surprised but I am. I mean you have already had 3 kids and don't know what full term means.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?
View attachment 1668 View attachment 1667 Safe is easy. Sane doesn't seem to be lately hahaha.

Sweet looking bike man!

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
sweet bike mate, i got a white speed triple in 2011, AWESOME bikes enjoy!

ps get a tail tidy asap haha
Tail tidy is in the works. Plus a flyscreen. I didn't get her this morning, I asked them if the brakes had been serviced after the recall And they hadnt. So this afternoon they should have the bike ready. Hopefully, because I am quite impatient.
Thank you to both of you! I wanted a speed triple, but the street was a way better deal and I couldn't afford to put 25% down on anything else.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
the wait would be killing me to get on and ride haha. the street and speed series are awesome bikes, tons of fun! ive never had an issue whatsoever in 20k miles other than oil change and tires, you'll love it!

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Tail tidy is in the works. Plus a flyscreen. I didn't get her this morning, I asked them if the brakes had been serviced after the recall And they hadnt. So this afternoon they should have the bike ready. Hopefully, because I am quite impatient.
Thank you to both of you! I wanted a speed triple, but the street was a way better deal and I couldn't afford to put 25% down on anything else.
Dude thats a nice looking bike. Eventually I'd love one similar (like a Z750s or Ducati monster)

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
the wait would be killing me to get on and ride haha. the street and speed series are awesome bikes, tons of fun! ive never had an issue whatsoever in 20k miles other than oil change and tires, you'll love it!
Its quite literally killing me, I've been worse than a kid on Christmas eve. My girly is sufficiently sick of putting up with me being so anxious about it today hahahahaha.
The street was a lot comfier to me too, the speed felt big to me. As it is I can't even flat foot the street and the speed felt wider to me. Im not sure if it is, but it felt like it.
Monsters do look nice. They just dont justify their cost in my mind. I would go moto guzzi if I ever went italian . the griso black devils just look so damn good.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
Its quite literally killing me, I've been worse than a kid on Christmas eve. My girly is sufficiently sick of putting up with me being so anxious about it today hahahahaha.
The street was a lot comfier to me too, the speed felt big to me. As it is I can't even flat foot the street and the speed felt wider to me. Im not sure if it is, but it felt like it.
Monsters do look nice. They just dont justify their cost in my mind. I would go moto guzzi if I ever went italian . the griso black devils just look so damn good.

The speedy is a heavy beast, but mega easy to handle as soon as youre not static. Some **** tipped mine over a few months back, probably someone drunk messing with it on the driveway. luckily the only damage was a mild scratch on the engine block and a bent foot brake

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
The speedy is a heavy beast, but mega easy to handle as soon as youre not static. Some **** tipped mine over a few months back, probably someone drunk messing with it on the driveway. luckily the only damage was a mild scratch on the engine block and a bent foot brake
That happened to my ninja. Cept I got some bad gouges. Its OK though, my girlfriend had already dropped it on that side when I was teaching her to ride. And broke the peg on that side\ brake lever. It was my intentions to give her that bike when I deploy this summer and buy a new one, I have to trade the ninja in for a partial down payment though. As it is, once I have my feet back under me I'll be getting her a CBR 300. I didn't want her on a 650 to begin with. She just doesn't know any of this yet hahha.
But yeah the speed just didn't feel right to me. They didn't have a demo speed or street (I've rode a street previously), but from what I know both handle amazing.
The street was great for me on the twisties. I was keeping up with liter bikes when I rode it that once. They only got away on really long straights. It was a blast. Definitely going to be something that I'll still have a bit of growing into, though. I had the ninja for 20k miles but they're entirely different beasts for the powerplant.

irishboxer384

Forum Captain
That happened to my ninja. Cept I got some bad gouges. Its OK though, my girlfriend had already dropped it on that side when I was teaching her to ride. And broke the peg on that side\ brake lever. It was my intentions to give her that bike when I deploy this summer and buy a new one, I have to trade the ninja in for a partial down payment though. As it is, once I have my feet back under me I'll be getting her a CBR 300. I didn't want her on a 650 to begin with. She just doesn't know any of this yet hahha.
But yeah the speed just didn't feel right to me. They didn't have a demo speed or street (I've rode a street previously), but from what I know both handle amazing.
The street was great for me on the twisties. I was keeping up with liter bikes when I rode it that once. They only got away on really long straights. It was a blast. Definitely going to be something that I'll still have a bit of growing into, though. I had the ninja for 20k miles but they're entirely different beasts for the powerplant.

Gotta love a girl that likes bikes! My speedy is wasted in texas on flat and straight roads and now its raining the roads here are like an ice rink

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Gotta love a girl that likes bikes! My speedy is wasted in texas on flat and straight roads and now its raining the roads here are like an ice rink
That you do! Not a whole lot better than it. Its nice when someone understands when you say "I need a ride, its been a rough day" and they don't question it at all hahana.
I don't really have many in phoenix. I stick to day trips up to yarnell hill and tortilla flats. I do a lot of over night trips out of state. Im an ironbutt rider hahaha. I did Vegas and back in the same night a couple weeks back, boulder, Co in a weekend this summer, lots of trips to Ca over weekends. That type of thing. There is a reason I put 20k miles on my ninja in 8 months hahah.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
At the outlet mall with my wife. If you don't hear from me by midnight, call in the search party!

Anjel

Forum Angel
At the outlet mall with my wife. If you don't hear from me by midnight, call in the search party!
You're a brave man.