the 100% directionless thread

Angel

Paramedic
i dont think a badge should justify or excuse murder

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
No it doesn't. ...but the Grand Jury after seeing all the evidence and hearing all the witness testimony and otherwise having access to a **** ton more facts than we do have said the evidence simply does not support bringing criminal charges against the officer in question.

Angel

Paramedic
and it NEVER does. Theres just so much bias out there its sickening. however i know the problem wont be fixed any time soon.

Crazy

http://news.kron4.com/news/photos-p...downtown-oakland-following-ferguson-decision/

oak9.jpg
oak7.jpg
oak4.jpg
oak2.jpg

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Did you even watch the press conference about it?

It's painfully obvious it was a clean shoot. All the "witnesses" were found to be lieing, and none of the physical evidence matched their stories.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
So if you're being assaulted, you're just going to sit back and take it? More power to you. The jury couldn't even find enough evidence to indict him, let alone charge and convict him. He did nothing wrong, and was well within his rights to protect himself.

Angel

Paramedic
I think I was speaking in pretty general terms was I not? Its not JUST about mike brown. It's way bigger than that, this is just the most recent and most publicized, in a while. There will be more cases just like this, and the outcome will be the same unfortunately.
I dont expect anyone here to understand or even care, Im just saying what I think and feel about the issue.

Carry on

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Agreed, however there was no evidence supporting bringing a murder charge against him.

Yea some cops are pricks, and more than a few have been charged in situations like this as well as convicted, we don't hear about those nearly as much though because it doesn't make for "good news".

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
This is the most recent and publicized incident of what? A justifiable shooting while a peace officer is in the course of his duties? If there are more incidents, I hope they are very similar to this- a peace officer performing his duties appropriately and within the constraints of the law.

You're right, I don't understand. What I'm taking away from your comment is "Killing is bad, police officers shouldn't be allowed to kill, so just let criminals do what they want and don't let police officers intervene because a POS might get shot."

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Given what I've seen to date, the facts support the shooting of Michael Brown (and unfortunately his death) as a justifiable use of deadly force. Had Michael Brown survived, not only would this have not "gone national" it wouldn't have made the local news for more than a day or so. Michael Brown would probably have been charged with aggravated assault on a Peace Officer at the minimum, and possibly attempted homicide of a Police Officer. Michael Brown was NOT a small guy and clearly has used his physical size in the commission of a robbery just a few minutes prior. Physical size is definitely considered when dealing with disparity of force problems.

If I'm armed and someone is attacking me knowing that I'm armed and they're not, that's a problem. If the person attacking me is much larger, that's an additional problem, especially if I'm being charged at from < 23 feet.

Just so you know, there have been cases where Police Officers have committed crimes against the public and are now in prison themselves for having become criminals.

In this particular instance, this is a "good shoot." If the Officer hadn't shot Michael Brown, it would likely have been a funeral scene for the Officer and his family.

CALEMT

The Other Guy/ Paramaybe?

Sorry Angel, I try to not voice my opinion on these types of matters... especially when I've had a few because I just get mad and rage quit. Disclaimer, my dad is a LEO, uncle is to, and I have friends that are LEO's, my whole life I have grown up around law enforcement. Now I'm not saying that there are bad cops out there because there are, however this shooting is justified. Apparently thought family and friends, crime scene analysts were able to prove that the kid had his hand wrapped around the cops gun barrel when the cop initially fired his weapon. Furthermore and I forgot how they did this, but they were able to prove that he did in fact hit the officer and did charge him after the first shot. I forgot how but they were able to determine this. Its not always the cop shoots someone (fatally or non fatally) and gets off with a "slap on the wrist" case in point the video of the officer who pulls over a guy, tells him to get out of the vehicle, instructs him to get his wallet which is inside the vehicle, when the guy reaches into the vehicle the cop opens fire. Now that type of shooting is uncalled for.

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
Furthermore, I quite suspect that we can owe much of the problems associated with this incident to the likes of Al Sharpton. He doesn't say much (if at all) about Black on White incidents... Just White on Black. He's a professional race baiter.

Angel

Paramedic
I didnt read your whole post but i would rather he get charged with aggravated assault than be dead. Then he could tell his side of the story
And secondly its not al sharptons job to crusade for white people.
If black teenagers are 21x (or more) likely to be KILLED by police, I think there's something wrong with that. Put the blame on whoever you want but it doesn't sit right with me.
I usually dont comment on these issues because #1 know your audience, and #2, it rarely (never) goes anywhere. People, not saying you guys, who dont want to be enlightened or see from a different perspective...wont.
Just so we are clear, I am by no means saying all police are like the zimmermans or mehserle's or pantaleo's. I just think its unfortunate that a few rotten apples are making the good guys job that much more difficult and dangerous.

And on that note. good night, stay safe

terrible one

Always wandering
Wow..... Just wow.....
You clearly need to look at the "facts" here and not the surrounding emotions / media biasis.
But I'm sure you'll stick with your 'opinion' so I won't even bother.
And there is a reason your audience disagrees with you and its not because of their opinions.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
The most damning evidence I heard last night, was that there was blood twenty-something feet past where Brown finally came to rest. This shows that Brown ran, stopped, turned around, and ran back towards the officer, forcing the officer to shoot him. For me, that's justification.

JPINFV

Gadfly
I think I was speaking in pretty general terms was I not? Its not JUST about mike brown. It's way bigger than that, this is just the most recent and most publicized, in a while. There will be more cases just like this, and the outcome will be the same unfortunately.
I dont expect anyone here to understand or even care, Im just saying what I think and feel about the issue.

Carry on

Just because there are cases of bad kills (local example for me would be the Kelly Thomas murder) doesn't mean that every police killing is a bad kill. Good kills should not go to trial.

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
After looking at SOME of the evidence (which were released by the prosecutor), it seems like a cut-and-dry not guilty. Whether there was enough evidence to not indict in a PC hearing, I don't know. Did the prosecutor really push for an indictment? I don't know. But all the forensic evidence matches up with the officers story well enough. The blood stains, the fatal shot at the head. The fight in the car with where Brown's DNA was. The varying accounts of whether his hands were up or not. That is more than a reasonable doubt in my mind- clear not-guilty.

I think are outraged about this, it should be about how the grand jury process went down. Most times, the prosecutor presents enough evidence to get an indictment. They DON'T put on the defense's evidence. This prosecutor was trying to get to the truth, I think. But it wasn't his job to do so. He needed to get an indictment, which he could've gotten, but didn't. I think he knew that a not-guilty would come down, but he didn't have the balls to not press charges himself so he passed the puck onto the grand jury.

Carlos Danger

Forum Deputy Chief
Premium Member
crime scene analysts were able to prove that the kid had his hand wrapped around the cops gun barrel when the cop initially fired his weapon. Furthermore and I forgot how they did this, but they were able to prove that he did in fact hit the officer and did charge him after the first shot. I forgot how but they were able to determine this.

So......the police investigated themselves, and determined that they did nothing wrong?

Last edited:

MonkeyArrow

Forum Asst. Chief
So......the police in investigated themselves, and determined that they had done nothing wrong?
There are certain things that can take no bias. 3 independent autopsies made the same general conclusions. Witnesses had conflicting views, all of them saying that there was a struggle at the car. The audio tape shows two bursts of gunfire, consistent with the fight in the car and then again outside. A lot of the evidence presented is beyond the point of bias or rigging. Audio is audio. Witnesses are witnesses.