the 100% directionless thread

Ah yes, don't you love when all the random people wish you a "good long holiday weekend" or ask you what you're doing for Memorial Day... and then you remind them that fire stations, hospitals, ambulances, amusement parks in my case, etc don't close for holidays... and you'll be working thank you very much. And probably having drunk people barf barbecued meat and beer on you.

Yeah.. I'm working tomorrow.

Atleast I get holiday pay for my 12 hour shift.

You know how they make it up to us at the amusement park? They grill hamburgers and give them to employees for free. You're lucky if you get one, especially if you work in First Aid because they always forget about us.

However, I'd much rather work in First Aid and have the awesome power of being able to go anywhere I want, do almost anything I want to, and tell 99.95% of people in that park what to do if I wanted.

The best is the implementation of First Aid doing "safety checks" this year. Yes, I'm going to actually do the little checklist and make sure the kiddos are doing their jobs right, but how am I supposed to do a thorough safety check without riding the ride?

You know how they make it up to us at the amusement park? They grill hamburgers and give them to employees for free. You're lucky if you get one, especially if you work in First Aid because they always forget about us.
Oh, at the water park I used to work at they'd just "forget" to charge us half the time.

However, I'd much rather work in First Aid and have the awesome power of being able to go anywhere I want, do almost anything I want to, and tell 99.95% of people in that park what to do if I wanted.
Personally, my favorite was the entire, "Sit on my butt half the day, getting paid to read a book" and the entire "few places with AC" part of working first aid.
The best is the implementation of First Aid doing "safety checks" this year. Yes, I'm going to actually do the little checklist and make sure the kiddos are doing their jobs right, but how am I supposed to do a thorough safety check without riding the ride?

Awesome! Hmm... summer job on for my month and a half off?

Oh yes, I love it. Having the AC makes the cops flock to our little station. Can be a good or bad thing depending on who's on shift. :)

I love working the water park... no AC but I can stick my legs just out of the hut and we're allowed to wear shorts and sandals so my legs get awesomely tan. Best people-watching ever too. One of my favorites was a very "normal" appearing, chunkier, middle-aged white guy with his family... and a giant tattoo across his lower back (tramp stamp!)... "END RACISM" in giant black block letters that were honestly 4-6" tall. Not that I don't support your message buddy... but :blink: definitely got my attention.

From what I've heard it takes an act of god to get on with TVEMS

That's about the long and short of it. They're a very competitive agency. PVH is also difficult to get on with, but a very good company if you can swing it.

--Wendy

That's about the long and short of it. They're a very competitive agency. PVH is also difficult to get on with, but a very good company if you can swing it.

--Wendy

It's still kinda weird seeing you posting on this forum too :P I do believe you were the one who told me that over on the City

Great day outside and everyone is off, but I'm stuck in the ambulance till 3am.

Atleast I'm getting holiday pay.

Went to the local VFD's open house to look around, meet people, etc.
15 or so minutes after I arrive (the days been very light up to this point) all the units save one engine (1 medic, 2 ambulances, a ladder, a rescue, and an engine) get dispatched out to some huge incident.
Just as I leave, they all start coming back- I feel like a black cloud of doom, and I'm not even working there yet!

No camping today, but I did get to hike, offroad, and shoot

DSC_2433.jpg

DSC_2437.jpg

DSC_2463.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nailed my first deer last night. Good thing we have a massive brush gaurd on the front of the amb. Only minor damage to the left wheelwell edge.

But the worst part is I had just been talking not an hour earlier how I had never hit a deer.....:wacko: Guess I just need to learn to keep my mouth shut and not talk about that kinda stuff unless I carry a peice of 2x4 to knock on when I say that stuff.

Just finished spending the afternoon/evening with friends playing speed volleyball for five hours straight. It was a very agressive game and my team kicked some butt out there.:ph34r:(sorry but I just gotta toot our horn there)
I feel sore, but a happy kind of sore.B) I have a feeling that I am going to be dragging myself through cardio class in the morning. -_-

Fire standby.....it's gonna be a long night

Guys, I have been missing from this thread for a few days now. Why? I decided to swap to Google Chrome from Firefox, and apparently Chrome DOES NOT like this thread at all. I finally got curious as to why the thread wouldn't load, and tested it on Firefox. Wa la ! Now I get to bug you again.

I had my interview with AMR today. It went great, much more laid back than Acadian. I felt welcome to smile, and the operations manager and HR lady acted like human beings. They pretty much sat a group of us down in a room to take an 80 clinical question + 20 questionnaire test. I'm a fast test taker, so I was the first to finish and was done by the time they called to interview me. The operations manager sat me down and chit chatted with me for a bit, and asked me a limited number of pretty good interview questions (when I say limited, I mean <5). He then brought me and my file to the HR lady where we discussed the job and she answered my questions. I interviewed for a position contracted to BP. I will be on a port or coastline waiting to respond to oil cleanup injuries. 48 hours on, 48 off. Hope I get it, not much else going on in the area.

oh, and for you gun junkies. I shot a Kimber Ultra Covert II this weekend. I've heard many stories on Kimber's customer service (will never own one, overpriced anyways IMO)- but DAMN did that little 1911 shoot nice. I actually want a 3" 1911 now.

Last edited by a moderator:
oh, and for you gun junkies. I shot a Kimber Ultra Covert II this weekend. I've heard many stories on Kimber's customer service (will never own one, overpriced anyways IMO)- but DAMN did that little 1911 shoot nice. I actually want a 3" 1911 now.

Congrats and good luck :P

I've never shot a 3" 1911, but if I could find a Kimber 10mm in 3" I would buy it.. or a G29 :)

Passed all my EMT tests at the state level, just found out a few hours ago. Just waiting on my card in the mail to make it official.

Back