the 100% directionless thread

Other than those issues I love it here. I think this weekend I'm gonna go get away for a few days and go out on some back trails in the truck. I'm just gonna take it day by day right now

Good! I don't off-road, but aforementioned sexy ED tech best friend does. If you want any pointers or ideas on locations I can connect you guys. She posted here like... once... so I can make her come back on or what not.

I wish I had a damn truck to hit trails with.... :(

Medical standby at the horse track again today.... 96* + 1500+ people drinking = interesting day ahead.

I'll see ya'll later. Gonna go play. Taking my camera so hopefully I'll come back with some good shots

I would have got playing anyway... but I got to the trailhead and it's closed until tomorrow AM

Ah shucks. Go somewhere else! Take me! I'm bored. Hah.

Ah shucks. Go somewhere else! Take me! I'm bored. Hah.

Lol, the only trails open right now are for built rigs. My stock truck wouldn't make it :P

And this thread has now offically become a private jt and Lucid conversation with occasional input by Linuss, an stupid comment be me here and there (like this) and mct talking about AMR or Acadian every two or three pages.:P

jk

Have you ever woke up in the morning and had the feeling like this was just not gonna be your decade? <_<

And this thread has now offically become a private jt and Lucid conversation with occasional input by Linuss, an stupid comment be me here and there (like this) and mct talking about AMR or Acadian every two or three pages.:P

jk

Is it bad that I'm following it like a poorly written - er... A-worse-than-average soap opera?

I am a little pissed right now.

About 30 minutes ago my pager goes off. Mutual Aid Search for a missing 7 y/o autistic boy out near Yosemite. Okay... I can be on the road (from home) in 10 minutes. But then my pager goes off again... and again... and again... and again... 8 pages in less than 60 seconds. 6 of them are in reference to that mutual aid search; each sounding more desperate ("please respond", "anyone available", "rescuers needed", etc...). I stop and take a closer look... and the pages all ask us to be prepared to deploy @ 0500 on the 30th of May. WAIT... it is 1300 on the 30th. WTF? The last two pages ask for manpower for a body recovery (Arrest while hiking). So I call our Deputy and he explains that those first 6 pages went out at 0100 today and the few Team Members that responded where on their way back (child found) to the County. The last two pages were now... I'll be on the road in 10 minutes. 5 minutes latter I get called back: Cancel, Fire was on scene and (despite the fact that they have no jurisdiction and have other areas of resposibility that take priority) they would handle.

Basically, my 2 greatest pet peeves in SAR manifested themselves in a 15 minute period. 1. A dispatch system that has so many holes, and yet the SO will not address the problem. 2. Fire taking calls when the situation does not warrent it.

Okay... I've vented... but I am still ready to fight... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever woke up in the morning and had the feeling like this was just not gonna be your decade? <_<
Heck I woke up this decade and realized it was not going to be my century.

About 30 minutes ago my pager goes off. Mutual Aid Search for a missing 7 y/o autistic boy out near Yosemite. Okay... I can be on the road (from home) in 10 minutes. But then my pager goes off again... and again... and again... and again... 8 pages in less than 60 seconds. 6 of them are in reference to that mutual aid search; each sounding more desperate ("please respond", "anyone available", "rescuers needed", etc...). I stop and take a closer look... and the pages all ask us to be prepared to deploy @ 0500 on the 30th of May. WAIT... it is 1300 on the 30th. WTF? The last two pages ask for manpower for a body recovery (Arrest while hiking). So I call our Deputy and he explains that those first 6 pages went out at 0100 today and the few Team Members that responded where on their way back (child found) to the County.

Does anyone know of any articles related to lawsuits or investigations stemming from an emergency service agency's delayed or insufficient response due to dispatch system failures?

Grumble, grumble......had to work Saturday, get to work 24 starting at 1800 tonight. It is my own fault of course, I picked up a shift for someone else. But I am still going to complain and there is nothing you can do about it. So my Memorial Day weekend is next weekend I 'spose.-_-

jk

Is it bad that I'm following it like a poorly written - er... A-worse-than-average soap opera?

So basically, what y'all are getting at here, is that I'm awesome and deserve my own show, right?

Ah yes, don't you love when all the random people wish you a "good long holiday weekend" or ask you what you're doing for Memorial Day... and then you remind them that fire stations, hospitals, ambulances, amusement parks in my case, etc don't close for holidays... and you'll be working thank you very much. And probably having drunk people barf barbecued meat and beer on you.

Back