the 100% directionless thread

LucidResq

Forum Deputy Chief
Got a second interview for ICU tech....

Now seriously considering seeing a career counselor or something, and kind of hoping I only get one offer so the job picks me instead of vice versa. :wacko:

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Got a second interview for ICU tech....

Now seriously considering seeing a career counselor or something, and kind of hoping I only get one offer so the job picks me instead of vice versa. :wacko:

Congrats to you too :)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I cannot wait until NREMT actually means a national standard. I might not be able to be registered as an EMT-I in TX because I don't have official documentation that I have been state certified as an Intermediate, so no state can certify that I've been trained in ETI, even though I have a NREMT practical test stating I've passed all the medic stations and a transcript showing a completed didactic and clinical medic program.

I'm hoping just once things can get simple

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Checked my credit card statement this morning, and had a bunch of charges to Redbox dvd rental. Problem? Never used Redbox.

I called BofA and they said that a few weeks ago they had a breach and had to cancel and resend a bunch of credit cards to their customers, which I was never notified of.

On top of it, the replacement card was stolen in the mail, and THAT'S what was used to rack up charges on my card.

The major tip off was 2 charges yesterday for $54.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I cannot wait until NREMT actually means a national standard. I might not be able to be registered as an EMT-I in TX because I don't have official documentation that I have been state certified as an Intermediate, so no state can certify that I've been trained in ETI, even though I have a NREMT practical test stating I've passed all the medic stations and a transcript showing a completed didactic and clinical medic program.

You have your NR card for Intermediate, right? That's all you need to get initial certification in Texas.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
You have your NR card for Intermediate, right? That's all you need to get initial certification in Texas.

The whole being trained in adult and pedi ETI is what was throwing me. I just finished up an email exchange with someone at TX DoH and was told that since I have been through medic school and the NREMT medic practicals I should be fine getting licensed as an Intermediate. Now I just need to figure out if I wanna spend the money right now (which I can barely afford, and maybe not) to certify in TX and apply for MedStar and a few others

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Checked my credit card statement this morning, and had a bunch of charges to Redbox dvd rental. Problem? Never used Redbox.

I called BofA and they said that a few weeks ago they had a breach and had to cancel and resend a bunch of credit cards to their customers, which I was never notified of.

On top of it, the replacement card was stolen in the mail, and THAT'S what was used to rack up charges on my card.

dude that sucks. They at least gonna pay you back I assume?

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse

Oh, but you're a medic with no family, you can afford it :p

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Yeah, they cancelled the payments for all the Redbox charges, so I should be fine.

Goodluck with MedStar, maybe you're not too crazy for them like I am! Arlington Fire also takes Is, and so does AMR in DFW.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Yeah, they cancelled the payments for all the Redbox charges, so I should be fine.

Goodluck with MedStar, maybe you're not too crazy for them like I am! Arlington Fire also takes Is, and so does AMR in DFW.

The only problem with Arlington is they're dual role right? AMR is a possibility

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Arlington is just a first response, and AMR does the ambulance service for them. The ambulances say "Arlington EMS" but have an AMR sticker on the side and are staffed by AMR Medics and EMTs. They do mainly 24s, but I think they might have some peak trucks.

ambulance-and-lifeflight.jpg

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Arlington is just a first response, and AMR does the ambulance service for them. The ambulances say "Arlington EMS" but have an AMR sticker on the side and are staffed by AMR Medics and EMTs. They do mainly 24s, but I think they might have some peak trucks.

ambulance-and-lifeflight.jpg
That would be something to consider :) I'm still trying to justify to myself right now to shell out the money and time to apply for reciprocity

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Hey Lucid, I think I accidently just found your blog from one that's on my blogroll

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief

Amen brother. Right now in WA NR means pretty much zilch. We are trying to adopt it, but it is a pain. So what? TX won't take you based just on the NR? They want you to prove you passed a state class too? Don't you have to pass a state class to get a NR cert? :unsure: Seems simple enough to me. I suppose that if you are way up on the food chain, simple is not an option and all "simple" things must be made complicated before they are put into practice.

And I'm hoping hell freezes over. :p

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
If you are ever really bored, go on Yahoo Answers and look at some of the stupid stuff people ask. I suppose the question would not seem half as dumb if they actually used proper English though.

Yes......I should be studying Poli Sci right now, but if I have to write one more paper on domestic policy, I think I will just scream. So instead I am wasting perfectly good time on Yahoo Answers. Does that conut as not having a life at all? :p

mct601

RN/NRP
Finished day 1 of orientation with AMR. It's pretty unorganized, I mean they're rushing to get medics and EMTs out there to work the medical tents with the clean up crews (apparently they're required to have an EMT on site and are not supposed to operate until that happens). but man they are great people. Very polite, very laid back. Would prefer to be on a truck, but satisfied where I am. They are treating me much better than any other EMS agency I've dealt with so far.

So yea, I'm pretty much running a first aid tent watching guys go in and out of the Gulf doing clean up. There's sites all along coast, AMR is paying for me to get my Alabama license in case I'm (or anyone else in my orientation group) is needed around Mobile, AL. I can't complain, it's getting my foot in the door to EMS agencies. I'm going to see about them putting me PRN on a truck or trying other agencies close to the school semester starting.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Just received and accepted a job offer from Priority One Medical Transport. Not the best looking out there (the hiring supervisor was VERY up front about how slow the San Diego station is, I liked his honesty) But it's experience/hours until I can get on with R/M or get through college, whichever comes first.

Seaglass

Lesser Ambulance Ape
Just finished my last shift with the place I hate. Hooray! Now I'm off to otherwise better my life.

If you are ever really bored, go on Yahoo Answers and look at some of the stupid stuff people ask. I suppose the question would not seem half as dumb if they actually used proper English though.

I love Yahoo Answers. Come up with the dumbest question you can imagine. Search. Someone will have seriously asked it.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Just finished my last shift with the place I hate. Hooray! Now I'm off to otherwise better my life.

Congratulations! Feels good, dosen't it?

I love Yahoo Answers. Come up with the dumbest question you can imagine. Search. Someone will have seriously asked it.

Exactly what I was doing. You can also just randomly browse questions and find some crazy questions. But what I think is the best are some of the answers some perople come up with. I don't know what is going through their idiot mind when they answer, but it isn't much, that is for sure. n i absluty luv te propr use of te english languige it is jus gr8 it is to much 4 me it maks me rofl. PLZ PLZ PLZ!!!! use propr gramer ppl. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Just finished chemically sedating a patient with Valium afrer she bit my partner, then wrestled her to the cot and used cravats to physically restrain her when she tried kicking at us.

I love this job. I don't love the novel of a pcr I had to write after the call.