the 100% directionless thread

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
And flew out yet another person
uzeqyhaj.jpg

Old school...

Class! A Dr. K. Brackett says that this is an important new program that has the potential to save many lives. Pay attention. Quiz after. Someone turn off the lights, please.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnYeUHyZv_o[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Fire in the high desert. Started in Wrightwood, looks like it is making it's way down the pass.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
YEAH! Got my textbooks today. Well half of them. The anticipation is killing me. Anyone know anything about the "EMPACT" book?

JPINFV

Gadfly
Fire in the high desert. Started in Wrightwood, looks like it is making it's way down the pass.

Heard about that today. One of the RTs at my hospital lives up that way and was trying to get someone to relieve her.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Just ran a four car TA, the cause? Icy roads.

It's August 8th. Get it together Colorado.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Just ran a four car TA, the cause? Icy roads.

It's August 8th. Get it together Colorado.

Dude they're super good at clearing the roads at the beginning of the year then run out of budget by the end and it falls off hard. Get excited ;)

I'm on my 4th partner of the day...all for less than 3 hours each. This is ridiculous.

And the city is flooding with rolling power outages. Sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Hah I wish, just one stretch if highway that happened to freeze into a rink. No more than an eighth of a mile long and we get a rollover, a deputy in the ditch headed to said rollover, and a dude stoned out of his mind that hit another car while in the way through the ditch into a field.

One transport and somehow fire managed to clear the scene in about two minutes while we stood out in a hail storm and did all the work haha.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Are you eating them?!

Mine called in sick so I rode double medic with a Supe who was also my FTO for my intermediate and medic time. Definitely nice to be the one in charge since I'm still technically the "first seat medic." He's a super laid back guy and let me run the show without batting an eye. Even got the "I feel like a proud father" speech right before he left about my scene management and how much it has improved.

Then they called in an EMT 3 hours early but we were only together for like 2.5 when you account for all the time she spent chasing us around the city while we moved posts.

Then she had to go to her regular shift so they called another guy in 3 hours early, pulled us half an hour early so he could set up the other truck.

Last but not least my very first partner as a medic and one of my best friends sacrificed dinner with his girly to ride for a whopping 75 minutes with me since the schedule lady only asked him to stay till 2030 rather than the end I my shift at 2230...she screwed the pooch on that one, it was soooo busy after he left. So I sat around spiking around and half assed working on my charts until 2200 then got serious about them and left like 15 minutes early.

I was going to go back out but the swing field Supe told me he was tired of hearing "medic 5 show you status 5 for your crew change" on the radio and also said he had too much stuff to do with H.A.N. going on this week so he couldn't jump on with me and they weren't going to call someone in for like 45 minutes on the street.

It's actually really frustrating to have to swap around that much. Even fire was like "dude, every time we see you there's a different person with you!"

Anjel

Forum Angel

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Get to work day shift all weekend.

This is like old times of my original shift here before I went to nights 4 years.

I could so easily get used to getting up early and being off at 1730.

RocketMedic

Californian, Lost in Texas
The scheduling gods (and steadfast bidding the shift, not the partner) have yielded 0515-1715 Saturday-Tuesday. Yey school!

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Ahhh the joys of fit testing for the N95 and P100 masks. Even more fun when the supervisor doesn't believe you when you tell him that you can't taste either of the chemicals that are used.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Ugh, they updated Fisdap I see so everything is in a different spot now. I like the statistics thing they have though. I think that's new.