the 100% directionless thread

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
It was exhausting, but it was fun :D

Anjel

Forum Angel
ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21369722658.746923.jpg

Puppy my partner and I rescued and took to the shelter. Poor thing was so wet and cold.

Note the nasal cannula used as a leash lol

Household6

Forum Asst. Chief
Premium Member
Drowning/hypothermia loss yesterday..

A grandpa was taking his grandson out in their canoe, and it capsized. I know the family, they're long time locals of the area. That old man was a member of the YMCA, he swam every single day. He'd take his grandson out all the time to talk to him about God. Peter was active in church and a believer in Salvation through Christ. So he was always out doing stuff with Thaddius, telling him about the Bible, bringing his to Sunday services.

Both had proper life preservers, but the water temp was 36 degrees..

The neighbors heard the cries for help, and they were able to pull the 4 year old out. That grandpa straight up TOSSED that little boy out of the current to the bystanders. But grandpa didn't make it.

They say the cause of death is TBD. That river was just too cold, water levels are high, the current is wicked strong right now..

chaz90

Community Leader
Community Leader
Tough story. You know that went the way Grandpa would have wanted it too though. Grandparents (and parents) I know wouldn't have it any other way.

CritterNurse

Forum Captain
Supposed to be taking it sometime this year. They're just trying to tie up all the loose ends as far as exact dates, prices, if they're going to offer us a contract where they pay in exchange for x amount of time working as a CCP.

Freaking tattoo artist bailed on me. "I forgot its Memorial Day...I'm gonna take my girls to the beach... Can you come in some other time?"

She didnt like it when I told her two weeks....not really sure what she wants from me I don't have a wide open schedule to cater to her.

I'm thinking its time for you to find a new tattoo artist. I certainly wouldn't put up with poor customer service like that.

----------------------------------
In other news, I went on a date with a very nice looking guy.

Finally someone asked me out who was the right gender, and wasn't looking for some sort of bizarre poly or otherwise non-vanilla relationship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'm thinking its time for you to find a new tattoo artist. I certainly wouldn't put up with poor customer service like that.

----------------------------------
In other news, I went on a date with a very nice looking guy.

Finally someone asked me out who was the right gender, and wasn't looking for some sort of bizarre poly or otherwise non-vanilla relationship.

She's my girl though, done nearly all of my ink and she hooks it up. I was grumpy yesterday when I posted that about the whole thing but she treats me right. Staying late mañana to ink me up after I get off of work so I can't really complain. Especially when I pay less than half the going hourly rate ;)

Congrats on the date!

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Dispatch,

When I call you and tell you my rig is out of service because my gurney is broken, that means I am not accepting calls. I am not asking for permission to return to supply and get a new gurney, I'm telling you that is what's happening. I'm also not calling someone who has never operated anything but a phone for advice on how I can "fix" it or "make it work" for the remainder of the shift.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
My thought for the day:

"When an opportunity knocks, only a fool doesn't at least crack the door open and say hello."

<_<

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
You know what I just realized?

It's T-Shirt time!!!!

Officially allowed to wear t-shirts to work, with my I ink covered of course....

But time to get out of these button down shirts, it's too damn hot.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So, I'm not sure if anyone can help out here, but I'm trying to find a phlebotomy position. I have 45 sticks, but all the jobs request 100. I couldn't even submit one to one place since I didn't have 100. Can any one think of a way where I'd be able to get sticks? I dunno how I could go about getting sticks, without actually being hired, so I'm kinda in a rut. They also ask how many sticks I'd be comfortable with on any given days, but I think my max was 12 in one day over the period of 1 hour, which is somewhat low and I haven't ever had to do it all day. Any one have some suggestions?

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So, I'm not sure if anyone can help out here, but I'm trying to find a phlebotomy position. I have 45 sticks, but all the jobs request 100. I couldn't even submit one to one place since I didn't have 100. Can any one think of a way where I'd be able to get sticks? I dunno how I could go about getting sticks, without actually being hired, so I'm kinda in a rut. They also ask how many sticks I'd be comfortable with on any given days, but I think my max was 12 in one day over the period of 1 hour, which is somewhat low and I haven't ever had to do it all day. Any one have some suggestions?

I'm assuming you already have a phlebotomy cert? Don't schools require you to have x amount of sticks before graduating?

There aren't many if any places that will allow you to do sticks without being employed there or being there in the student capacity while you're still enrolled in school.

Have you looked at labs in your area? (LabCorps and things like that)

I'd apply to everything anyways and don't advertise yo don't have 100 sticks unless they directly ask you. With that said, if they do you need to be honest.

I'm not really sure about a rlistic number for sticks per day...that's kind of. A s illy question, it's not like its extremely strenuous or anything to draw labs... 12 in an hour isn't bad. Is that sticks alone or with draws as well? I think the answer to that question would be "as many as I need to do sir or ma'am."

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm assuming you already have a phlebotomy cert? Don't schools require you to have x amount of sticks before graduating?

There aren't many if any places that will allow you to do sticks without being employed there or being there in the student capacity while you're still enrolled in school.

Have you looked at labs in your area? (LabCorps and things like that)

I'd apply to everything anyways and don't advertise yo don't have 100 sticks unless they directly ask you. With that said, if they do you need to be honest.

I'm not really sure about a rlistic number for sticks per day...that's kind of. A s illy question, it's not like its extremely strenuous or anything to draw labs... 12 in an hour isn't bad. Is that sticks alone or with draws as well? I think the answer to that question would be "as many as I need to do sir or ma'am."
The certification test is only 35. Our school was lenient, because we were extremely limited on patients as we weren't allowed to draw from anyone from hs, which was everybody in the class. One of the questions on the application is do you have 6 months or experience or 100 sticks from a school, so kinda hard not to advertise that I don't have enough. LabCorps is 100 sticks, my friend that works there is trying to get me an externship through them, not sure if it'll happen though. LabCorps/ Sonora Quest are the two major labs in the area and Sonora asks how many sticks and LabCorps isn't hiring anyways.
Edit: The one I think may be a bit lenient towards me, because it says on the qualifications "Must be comfortable drawing and dealing with trauma patients" and I think the EMT cert may give me a few brownie points.
Edit edit: the 12 sticks were drawn with 1 tube each off of 1 patient.

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Gun #2: Springfield XDs .45

424988_1638926535542_573644664_n.jpg

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
You know what I just realized?

It's T-Shirt time!!!!

Officially allowed to wear t-shirts to work, with my I ink covered of course....

But time to get out of these button down shirts, it's too damn hot.

Were apparently back to polos one day a week. However I dont work that day :(

In other news, trimming rifle brass ia tiring

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Were apparently back to polos one day a week. However I dont work that day :(

In other news, trimming rifle brass ia tiring

We can wear polos 24/7 however on Jan 1 2014 they will no longer be allowed and we'll have button downs only. Supposedly there have been appearance complaints from customers.

If we had a nicer quality polo and people wore the right size it wouldn't be an issue.

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
We've been detailing trucks all day. It's hot, and I'm covered in wax. Never have I begged for a call to drop so bad. They haven't though, so now we'll probably be up all night.