the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

JPINFV

Gadfly
Oh, and an update on my patient with the huge ovarian mass. Final path report was dysgerminoma (these are generally treatable with radiation and have a much better prognosis), not small cell.

::fist pump::

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
They all do sound like fun video games...
wargames.jpg

Btw...for my fellow strategic/war game players...http://www.ambrosiasw.com/games/defcon/

Last edited by a moderator:

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Dear paramedic student rotating through L&D today,

Yes, I haven't had a chance to introduce myself, and yes, I'm wearing a white coat... albeit a short one, but please stop calling me "sir." My father's a "sir." I'm not that old yet.

Sincerely,
The medical student doing the admits.

PS. Also you don't need to apologize for asking me to move so you can get a shot at getting the IV in the other arm. Don't apologize for doing your job.

To be fair, if he's been doing rides in the same area he's doing his clinicals he's probably riding with a department where you're treated worse than garbage and all you can do is say "yes, sir" "No, sir" and recite protocols all day.

This goes for pretty much everywhere in socal

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Dear paramedic student rotating through L&D today,

Yes, I haven't had a chance to introduce myself, and yes, I'm wearing a white coat... albeit a short one, but please stop calling me "sir." My father's a "sir." I'm not that old yet.

Sincerely,
The medical student doing the admits.

PS. Also you don't need to apologize for asking me to move so you can get a shot at getting the IV in the other arm. Don't apologize for doing your job.

I just default to "doc" for everyone. I'm pretty sure I would get whacked with a chart clipboard if I called a couple of our docs "sir".

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Never have used "doc." Always have gone with "sir" or "Doctor [last name]." Then again, BLS in my area doesn't have too much interaction with MDs, unfortunately.

Aidey

If I'm being formal I'll say "Doctor so-and-so", for example if the doc walks into the room while I'm still there I'll do introductions. If I'm approaching them to ask a question or fill them in on a pt I'll just stick with doc. I interact with most of them often enough being formal all of the time seems like it is overkill. I'll use full titles if I'm trying to get a specific doc's attention when there are a group of them standing around too. If it is a doctor I don't know well, and I don't know their name I'll use doctor rather than doc.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
I guess you probably interact with the MDs more than I do. Wish I spoke with them more. Are you usually giving report to MDs or RNs?

Aidey

Both. We give report to the RNs 100% of the time and the MDs 5-95% of the time depending on the doc and patient. Some docs like to talk to us on every single patient. Others like to talk to us if there is something unusual or serious going on. Others only get report if we are bringing in a code STEMI, trauma, CVA or something along those lines.

If the pt isn't able to give any history themselves I'll hang around and see if the doc wants to talk to me. A lot of the time when we bring in confused grandma from the nursing home the doc wants to talk to us even if it isn't serious since they have no other way to get good info on the pt.

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I'll call you sir until I know you're worth calling Doc, unless I need a favor, then you are Doc. Unless you are a lady.

If someone calls me "sir" I automatically tell them "as you were".

mycrofft

Still crazy but elsewhere
I am very cranky around here lately. Someone needs a paying gig soon. Meantime I'll clean and repair the drawers and determine I shouldn't have tried to change that light switch for a switch-outlet combo without first turning off the breakers and pulling all the wire all the way out of the box and, oh, forget it.

How come every time I tell an underpaying employer they need to pay me more they stop answering my emails? $5/hr for a fourteen hour outdoor gig in the rain deserved more than that, I think. And a 467 mile commute deserves mileage.

EDIT: or private jet.

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Dear relative...

For the sake of all sanity, please stop posting links to InfoWars. Just... stop.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Dear relative...

For the sake of all sanity, please stop posting links to InfoWars. Just... stop.

Is it regarding sandy hook? If so, it is asinine, especially the video

JPINFV

Gadfly
Is it regarding sandy hook? If so, it is asinine, especially the video

Well... kinda of. Some congress critter introduced a bill that gives a tax credit to people who surrender guns in buy back programs. They're calling it confiscation.

You-keep-using-that-word-300x252.jpg

Achilles

Forum Moron
Well... kinda of. Some congress critter introduced a bill that gives a tax credit to people who surrender guns in buy back programs. They're calling it confiscation.

You-keep-using-that-word-300x252.jpg

Asinine: extremly stupid.
Regarding the conspiracy video.

First day of hospital clinicals for Paramedic school today. Hopefully will get to see and do alot.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Shift bid in 5 hours...it's like christmas! Just way more freaking stressful. Riding buddies telling me what to bid, girlfriend telling me what to bid, parents telling me what to bid...not sure how mom and dad got involved but they both managed to put their two cents in, and none of the above agree with each other. I just want back on days but I know that's not happening.

First day of hospital clinicals for Paramedic school today. Hopefully will get to see and do alot.

What department are you in? Have fun! Don't be above any task, the more you help out the more they will help you learn and get attempts at skills.

I'll be in the ER for 15 shifts. Thanks man, I heard they are super cool so that calms the nerves.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll be in the ER for 15 shifts. Thanks man, I heard they are super cool so that calms the nerves.

Right on. You'll have fun for sure. Is it a Trauma Center?

Only ER clinicals? No ICU, RT, L&D or Psych?