the 100% directionless thread

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Well pretty sure I will be going to court about a call. Now just to see how long until it happens.

Witness or defendant?

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
That sucks. Probably best not to mention any more here.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
I hate people... Just went out to the grocery store to grab a movie from Redbox (34 miles, round trip for me). One of the highways is under construction, but I'm still going 65, what it used to be, even though it's a 35. This guy is riding my :censored: the whole time we're driving down it. Literally can't see anything besides headlights. Pissed me off enough I dropped to 55. Started swerving around trying to pass in a no passing, drops back, then floors it and starts riding it again. I drop down to 35.
Eventually we get to the off ramp and he gets so close to me that when I dropped the clutch and rolled back a little, I rolled into him. I point for him to pull off and when we start to go, he scrapes me again. I pull off and he slams the gas and passes me without stopping. I'm like, dude... You're in a Suburban... I'm in a Trans Am... I can catch you... So I pull up to read his plates and he brake checks me. I call non-emergency to call the plates and tell them he hit me and they say "we have a cop a few miles down the road, we'll pull him over when he gets there. Just stay on the phone and keep me constant on your position."
I'm like alright, so I see the cop eventually flick on lights, so I put on emergency and pull over with them. Had to deal with that for like 2 1/2 hours...
The guy was wayyy drunk. Cop wouldn't tell me what it was, but I heard him say ".2- something or other" to the guy that hit me.

You drove 34 miles to go to redbox and rent a movie for a $1? And you are going to bring it back too?

Heard of Netflix?

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
You drove 34 miles to go to redbox and rent a movie for a $1? And you are going to bring it back too?

Heard of Netflix?
Don't have enough internet. We live in the middle of nowhere so we can't get land line dsl. As it is, it's $80 a month for 5 gigs of Hughes net. Only thing out here, besides Verizon Mifi, but we're on contract.
Netflix uses like 1 gig per movie.

Aidey

Community Leader Emeritus
Netflix also mails movies to you.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
Netflix also mails movies to you.
Yeah, I'm fine with Redbox, though. Between me and my parents, normally one of us has to go in to town once a day, anyways and we just pick them up and return them then. It's rare that we make a special trip for that. So, it's not too bad.

NYMedic828

Forum Deputy Chief
Yeah, I'm fine with Redbox, though. Between me and my parents, normally one of us has to go in to town once a day, anyways and we just pick them up and return them then. It's rare that we make a special trip for that. So, it's not too bad.

I could never imagine living in such a remote area.

Achilles

Forum Moron
I could never imagine living in such a remote area.

It's actually pretty nice, no trains, no lights (easy to see stars)
Your neighbors can be a a few miles away, just peace and quiet.
Until.
A stranger calls.....

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
It's actually pretty nice, no trains, no lights (easy to see stars)
Your neighbors can be a a few miles away, just peace and quiet.
Until.
A stranger calls.....

Actually the main road out here has a train track for freights right next to it. I kinda like it, though.
We aren't so far out to where we don't have neighbors, though. Each house in our area sits on 3 acres, so they're relatively close.
I'm also less than 2 miles from the drag strip, so not much peace and quiet on the weekends, but that's ok, because I'm normally running with them. Lol.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I've been in Vegas for 1.5 hours, and I already want to kill my friends. Does somebody want to come fly me back to Oregon?

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
I've been in Vegas for 1.5 hours, and I already want to kill my friends. Does somebody want to come fly me back to Oregon?

Woah. Did anybody else not get their invite?

Achilles

Forum Moron

original.0

Anjel

Forum Angel
We clinicals tonight.

I am making serious effort not to dislike nurses.

I think we bonded tonight though lol

We had a pt who came in having an inferior MI. It was a textbook EKG. He goes to the cath lab everything is A OK.

Then they call the insurance company to get an ICU auth. The insurance says no because his troponin levels don't meet his criteria and they request him to be discharged, and to follow up with his doctor.

Riiiigggghhhttt. That didn't go over well.

9D4

Forum Asst. Chief
So, I just read an article on Yahoo and a parent of one of the survivors of the Sandy Hook shooting is suing the school district for $100 million. Their kid wasn't even injured.
The claim states "the school/ state/ board of education failed to protect the school from forseeable harm."
I'm sorry, but how was the shooting "forseeable"?
That article almost makes me sick to my stomach... If my kid survived that, I would be on my knees thanking God, not putting out my tin cup...

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
because his troponin levels don't meet his criteria and they request him to be discharged

Well obviously you should have waited longer before sending him to the CCL, Duh.

Did he really need ICU level care? The majority of our STEMI patients come right to the floor post cath. They only go to the ICU if they got an IABP or need critical care pressors.

Non EMS question: Why would we check BUN/Creat post cardiac cath? What does Mucomyst have to do with that.

Also, what are some post cath complications?

Last edited by a moderator: