the 100% directionless thread

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
Went and looked at a house today, got approved for the loan. What am i thinking.......

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I'm ok. I think I might have a slight concussion, but nothing too major. Truck is ok. I got hit rear driver quarter on the truck bed. It'll go to the shop tomorrow for a new bed, courtesy of this drunks insurance. Ugh still shaken up a little though. Although I think the girl I used to partner with at my 911 service that now works the city might be a bit more so.

Yea I think so. Killer headache, but nothing broken.

Take care. Vehicles are fixable.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
I really need to look at what I need to do to go back to college.

Im thinking engineering and to heck with a healthcare career.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
Goodbye Twinkies

Hostess Brands Inc., the maker of the iconic snack (Twinkies), announced today that it will liquidate the entire company because not enough striking employees returned to work by a Thursday evening deadline set by the company.

"We deeply regret the necessity of today's decision, but we do not have the financial resources to weather an extended nationwide strike," said Gregory F. Rayburn, chief executive officer. "Hostess Brands will move promptly to lay off most of its 18,500-member workforce and focus on selling its assets to the highest bidders."

Hostess said it will seek bankruptcy court permission to close its business and sell its assets, "including its iconic brands and facilities. Bakery operations have been suspended at all plants."

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/twin...company-strike/story?id=17736898#.UKYxjeTLQg1

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
No more Twinkies!? Noooooooooooooo

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Red Hook Winter Seasonal...yummmm

Stupid rain ruined plans for a before shift 10.5 mile summit hike/snowshoe...dammit! Extra sleep probably wouldn't hurt though.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Red Hook Winter Seasonal...yummmm

Stupid rain ruined plans for a before shift 10.5 mile summit hike/snowshoe...dammit! Extra sleep probably wouldn't hurt though.

Snowshoes means hiking in the snow. No thanks haha. I'd take the sleep over that.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Snowshoes means hiking in the snow. No thanks haha. I'd take the sleep over that.

Dude, you Cali kids are so soft! I thought that hurricane over there woulda toughened you up a touch! :lol:

I've been waiting on the dealership to call me back about my sled for 4 days now...If they haven't called by the time I wake up hell is going to be risen. Snow's coming and I need some time to break that thing in before the powder shows up! At least snowmobiling is a good workout..save some cash at the gym, too bad all that's saved will get burnt up in gas, oil and parts.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Dude, you Cali kids are so soft! I thought that hurricane over there woulda toughened you up a touch! :lol:

I've been waiting on the dealership to call me back about my sled for 4 days now...If they haven't called by the time I wake up hell is going to be risen. Snow's coming and I need some time to break that thing in before the powder shows up! At least snowmobiling is a good workout..save some cash at the gym, too bad all that's saved will get burnt up in gas, oil and parts.

Haha. All the guys/girls from Cali were in bad shape when the snow storm hit here. I love the 60-70 degree weather in the middle of winter.

lightsandsirens5

Forum Deputy Chief
Well, its official, so I might as well put it up here....I've got a real paramedic job in east Texas.

Hitting the road one week from today. :sad: Don't want to leave Washington. But I do want to go to Texas. Mixed emotions I guess.

I start working down there December 3rd.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Well, its official, so I might as well put it up here....I've got a real paramedic job in east Texas.

Hitting the road one week from today. :sad: Don't want to leave Washington. But I do want to go to Texas. Mixed emotions I guess.

Congrats! Teal or maroon?

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

Congrats man! What color? I second the question lol.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'm ok. I think I might have a slight concussion, but nothing too major. Truck is ok. I got hit rear driver quarter on the truck bed. It'll go to the shop tomorrow for a new bed, courtesy of this drunks insurance. Ugh still shaken up a little though. Although I think the girl I used to partner with at my 911 service that now works the city might be a bit more so.

Be careful with concussions, now is the time to shut everything down and give your brain some time to heal. Trying to power through the headaches will only make them worse and take longer to go away. Trust me on this one, there's three weeks of my life basically missing from my memory after mismanaging my own concussion despite that being much of what I do at work.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Be careful with concussions, now is the time to shut everything down and give your brain some time to heal. Trying to power through the headaches will only make them worse and take longer to go away. Trust me on this one, there's three weeks of my life basically missing from my memory after mismanaging my own concussion despite that being much of what I do at work.

I'm trying to take it easy, but I'm out of pto... so I'm stuck at work. I know i did wake up this morning with the headache from hell

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Rumor is that FEMA demobilized all of our units at Floyd Bennett. We are leaving 40 units in Nassau (sp?) county for a little longer. We are also leaving 75 units somewhere in the state (just the units no personnel) in case we have to deploy to the presidential inauguration.

If this is true then I will be home in under 24 hours.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Rumor is that FEMA demobilized all of our units at Floyd Bennett. We are leaving 40 units in Nassau (sp?) county for a little longer. We are also leaving 75 units somewhere in the state (just the units no personnel) in case we have to deploy to the presidential inauguration.

If this is true then I will be home in under 24 hours.

I've heard the inauguration will be a definite deployment. I'm going to go to that one

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I'm trying to take it easy, but I'm out of pto... so I'm stuck at work. I know i did wake up this morning with the headache from hell

Obviously it sucks to miss a shift, but if you've got wicked headaches it might be worth considering missing one shift so you don't miss a week later.