the 100% directionless thread

uvy9umu5.jpg

Oh goody, I just drove into a 200 acre fire

None of the EMS providers, who happen to be dime-piece women, have been killed line of duty on Chicago Fire...

I was referring to the gang banger in the closet on the first trauma run.

Just took the plunge and bought an iPad...the apple store happened to have a 4th gen in stock..

Just took the plunge and bought an iPad...the apple store happened to have a 4th gen in stock..

Nice! I like my third gen 4g

If anyone has the oppotunity to hang out in the airport lounge, it is definately worth it.

When's the last time an EMT was killed in the line of duty for anything actually job related? (Not MVAs or intrinsic diseases suffered by the person)
The majority of police related deaths are caused by MVCs, just like EMS. NOT by shootings.

Sorry but being shot at and running into burning buildings is a little more high risk than picking up grandma because she has diarrhea.

Stop doing interior attacks and you'll all but stop fire related deaths.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waiting in an airport again...

Seriously dude the copy cat thing is getting creepy, you don't see me wandering around hospitals in Europe saving lives.

I was just pointing out all the other ways that we are constantly bombarded with microwave and other radiation sources 24 hours a day, every day of the year.

Don't forget, all natural sources of food are inherently radioactive, just like our bodies are.

Irradiated fruit is awesome :) keeps forever and there's always that 1 in a billion chance for developing x ray vision after eating an apple.

Seriously dude the copy cat thing is getting creepy, you don't see me wandering around hospitals in Europe saving lives.

You know this airport thing is a means for me to get to hospitals around the world?

I am in demand on 3 continents working on 4. It takes up the whole day.

Did well on my first Medic test, as well as anatomy and med term(already had both before, so I better have). Did not so well on my drip calculations :angry:

Did well on my first Medic test, as well as anatomy and med term(already had both before, so I better have). Did not so well on my drip calculations :angry:

It's all about conversion factors.

3 conversion factor variants gets you all med math.

Arguing with an FBI agent about the fact that ambulances get priority over our fuel pumps. Ended with myself saying "too bad. The fuel pumps are for the ambulances. If you have a problem get your supervisor out here." And then standing infront of his car so the ambulances could make their way into line.

You know this airport thing is a means for me to get to hospitals around the world?

Showoff <_<

Oh goody, I just drove into a 200 acre fire

I thought I saw some puffs of smoke coming from the mountains when I was driving home from ARMC this morning.

Leukemia or leukemoid?

Hx of CLL. Looks like now converted. At least going to get some leukapheresis over next few days.

Had a case of AML with leukostasis a few months ago, VERY sick with pulm infiltrates, resp failure, multi organ dysfunction, etc that we started induction chemo on.

Hx of CLL. Looks like now converted. At least going to get some leukapheresis over next few days.

Had a case of AML with leukostasis a few months ago, VERY sick with pulm infiltrates, resp failure, multi organ dysfunction, etc that we started induction chemo on.

lungs and kidneys messed up it sounds like, just like in major inflammatory processes.

Incidentally, there is a lot of research going on right now about erythropoeitin as a systemic inhibitor of apoptosis as the mechanism of why renal failure usually progresses to MODS despite renal replacement therapy.

Man I didn't realize things were so tough that you had to work 4 different jobs to make ends meet :/ and commute on top of it. Sorry to hear that man. Don't worry I'm sure you'll get a full time gig soon ;)

Back