the 100% directionless thread

Ahem! What am I chopped liver?

Edit: We seriously need to add a gender field here.

The number of times people have been like she to me. :glare:

pre Doc avatar, but lets be honest it gives the idea that I am an old short man.

The number of times people have been like she to me. :glare:

pre Doc avatar, but lets be honest it gives the idea that I am an old short man.

Wait. You're a girl??

It gets cold here but we never have had problems in the past with the cold and friends' trucks.

Dad had a first gen Duramax in the mid-Atlantic, generally had a month or two of sub-freezing temps at night. In 4 years he never felt the need to use a block heater, nor did he ever have an issue with the truck.

I'm sorry for those of you who work or live in New York, NY. The constant sounds of traffic, horns, sirens, small streets, one way streets, traffic in general, A$$hole drivers, etc.

I honestly don't know how you guys can stand it all. And now I get why going code 3 here doesn't save anytime. People don't pull over, will cuss you out, pull right out infront of the ambulance, get between a group of 30 ambulances all going code 3.

We have been ordered by "higher ups" to go code 3 everywhere we have to drive and even when transporting a stable patient.

This is what I was looking for, thanks! These things seem like they are damn near impossible to mod now with all the new computers they have in them.

I've heard good things about the EcoBoost but I'm leaning towards to diesel.

Plus this guy fits better on a bigger truck.

http://www.midwestsleddecks.com/HTML/gallery.html#

Sorry, that post should have said 2007.5.

The LMM came out in 2007.5 ..... (somedays, I swear..... <_< )
I don't know which model they are up to now, but I would imagine they have only kept getting better on the calibration side.

I love my EcoBoost, and with the exception of the the 5th wheel (although I've seen it done), I wouldn't be concerned with hooking up to anything you listed for towing. However, it really comes down to how often you're going to actually be pulling things:
- If your answer is "fairly often" to "a lot", then you probably are better off with a diesel.
- If your answer is "only on the weekends" to "30% of the time", then it would seriously be worth considering the EB. It definitely has the ponies and the torque for you. Take the hit on fuel economy while you're towing, and make up for it when you're running light.

31a5YGB6NBL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

Looks like a marital aid but it keeps the engine oil pliable.

Really? A marital aid? Hmmm I suggest counseling :)

Sorry, that post should have said 2007.5.

The LMM came out in 2007.5 ..... (somedays, I swear..... <_< )
I don't know which model they are up to now, but I would imagine they have only kept getting better on the calibration side.

I love my EcoBoost, and with the exception of the the 5th wheel (although I've seen it done), I wouldn't be concerned with hooking up to anything you listed for towing. However, it really comes down to how often you're going to actually be pulling things:
- If your answer is "fairly often" to "a lot", then you probably are better off with a diesel.
- If your answer is "only on the weekends" to "30% of the time", then it would seriously be worth considering the EB. It definitely has the ponies and the torque for you. Take the hit on fuel economy while you're towing, and make up for it when you're running light.

If he's going to be towing up grade. Especially a gooseneck. Just because you can do something doesn't mean you should. The DOT weighmaster will tell you that :)

Silly trucks. Jeeps are where it is at...

i-CRxTvtD-L.jpg

I haven't come to terms with the news yet. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

That sound you hear?
My heart breaking into a million pieces.

Really Lucas. How much money do you really need!?

*stalks off to have her Star Wars tattoo removed*

I'm with both of you. Just doesn't feel "right"

Why so?

I don't ascribe to purist ideals so I am intrigued.

It's supposed to be based on the Thrawn Trilogy, and if done right, it could be awesome. Lucas won't be part of the production. Some Disney person will be executive producer.

Could be bad, could be great....I'm happy and scared at the same time.
I had this discussion last night at the squad, actually. Without even knowing, I mentioned that the Thrawn trilogy would be a natural story arc for the next movie.

I thought it was funny when 35 year olds complained about how the new star wars movies weren't as good as the old star wars movies. I mean come on we were 12 years old. Everything is cooler when your 12 years old man!

I have to admit Lucas does deserve a swift kick in the fork for jar jar though.

Jar_Jar_Vader_AI_color_by_Prototype66.jpg

I fine' yous-a lakka respeck disturbin'

P: LED civilian vehicle lights need to be banned while driving.

Rigid Industries 50" LED bar. They sell various sizes

JeepLighting.jpg

Lol yup I was actually seein if you knew it, I was looking at the E series 20" flood/ spot, but the 600$ price tag scares me away :sad:

Lol yup I was actually seein if you knew it, I was looking at the E series 20" flood/ spot, but the 600$ price tag scares me away :sad:

Oh doubting my Jeep parts knowledge?! <_< I don't know much about the offroad scene, this is my first 4x4 and my last 2 cars were import sports cars. I was big into the drifting scene for a while

The E series 50 is around $1,500 :wacko: but you could probably get away with just having that and no other auxiliary lights

Last edited by a moderator:
The E series 50 is around $1,500 :wacko: but you could probably get away with just having that and no other auxiliary lights

I tried the sponsorship app and they never called me back or emailed me :sad:
I was going to get the 20" for the front (f250) and use it as fog lights, and I was going to get a whelen par 36 and use it as a reverse light.

Oh, you're a GIRL dragon ;)

shrek_dragon.jpg

Did you just infer that exodus is a scaly androgenous beast?

Exodus you gonna take that?

I'll just leave these gypsy daggers on the table here while I go get my gypsy fiddle.

Back