the 100% directionless thread

blacked out, 4" lift, 35" MTs, yes please.

dont forget to put grill lights and a light bar for 360* visibility...

I was thinking 33" MTs but other than and the light bar that I like it :P

I did some calibration work for GM on the Duramax a few years ago. If you can swing it, look for 2009.5 or newer with the LMM. It was a HUGE step up from the previous model (LMI, I think......but don't quote me).

That being said, forget GM altogether and go get and F150 with the EcoBoost!!

This is what I was looking for, thanks! These things seem like they are damn near impossible to mod now with all the new computers they have in them.

I've heard good things about the EcoBoost but I'm leaning towards to diesel.

Plus this guy fits better on a bigger truck.

http://www.midwestsleddecks.com/HTML/gallery.html#

Last edited by a moderator:

This is what I was looking for, thanks! These things seem like they are damn near impossible to mod now with all the new computers they have in them.

All I will say is that solid axle > independant front suspension. This is why I could not buy a heavy duty truck with such a thing.

That is just a suggestion/rumor. I'm enough of a nerd I've been paying close attention to this, and all info concerning what the new movies will be about is just conjecture.

Also:

Star Wars: The Old Republic is fun. It is also alight with fervent discussion.

I love(d) the history of the original series, but I was just so disappointed in how I-III came out. I was hoping they wouldn't rely so much on CGI and flashy names on the marquee...
And I am a purist :).

Disney *does* make good movies, so I'm prepared to keep an open mind. But after the mess of freakin' Jar Jar Binks...

I thought it was funny when 35 year olds complained about how the new star wars movies weren't as good as the old star wars movies. I mean come on we were 12 years old. Everything is cooler when your 12 years old man!

I have to admit Lucas does deserve a swift kick in the fork for jar jar though.

I thought it was funny when 35 year olds complained about how the new star wars movies weren't as good as the old star wars movies. I mean come on we were 12 years old. Everything is cooler when your 12 years old man!

If you google askew the whole screen becomes crooked.

I was born in '85, and never saw the movies until I was in my mid teens. It's not just the movies I'm a fan of, it's the concept and universe. That's all.

If you google askew the whole screen becomes crooked.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351656643.860836.jpg
Haaaaaa.....

All I will say is that solid axle > independant front suspension. This is why I could not buy a heavy duty truck with such a thing.

SFA is nice but you can't argue with the ride IFS gives you.

I've had less than stellar luck with used cars throughout my life so I think if I have to replace the Jeep whatever I buy is going to be new.

Plus this guy fits better on a bigger truck.

http://www.midwestsleddecks.com/HTML/gallery.html#

What are you towing around? If you buy a diesel; it absolutly loves warm weather.

What are you towing around? If you buy a diesel; it absolutly loves warm weather.

Generally dirtbike/toy trailers, my friend's boat and camper. I'm eventually hoping to buy a 5th wheel toy hauler at some point.

All definitely towable with a gas motor but the torque of the diesel is tough to beat in the mountains around here.

It gets cold here but we never have had problems in the past with the cold and friends' trucks.

Generally dirtbike/toy trailers, my friend's boat and camper. I'm eventually hoping to buy a 5th wheel toy hauler at some point.

All definitely towable with a gas motor but the torque of the diesel is tough to beat in the mountains around here.

It gets cold here but we never have had problems in the past with the cold and friends' trucks.

Might need an engine blanket. They use em up north. If it is a diesel glow plugs might need to be checked. I have no idea how you do that I just remember my dad had to fiddle with them when it got colder.

Might need an engine blanket. They use em up north. If it is a diesel glow plugs might need to be checked. I have no idea how you do that I just remember my dad had to fiddle with them when it got colder.

Block heater would be better, I only use mine if temps are below 38 (usually Nov - Apr)

Slightly older super duty with the V10 motor. It will last longer than a diesel and potentially save you repair $$.

If you go diesel get a pre '08 before the extra emissions crap.

And GMs suck. I ride in one every day. The interiors and ergonomics are horrible. Yes the ride is soft but the handling suffers.

Slightly older super duty with the V10 motor. It will last longer than a diesel and potentially save you repair $$.

And GMs suck. I ride in one every day. The interiors and ergonomics are horrible. Yes the ride is soft but the handling suffers.

My buddy has a 250 with the V10 Triton. I've driven it a few times and wasn't a big fan although his is a crew cab long bed so it's obnoxiously big.

I ride in a Ford on the daily but it's an E450 chassis with a 7.3l with 340k on it. We are replacing all our Fords with Chevys and I like that motor a lot. Those things get up and go for how big they are.

I am a die hard ford fan. But I hate the v10 it's a gas guzzler. I've got a friend who has a 350 dump v 10 she likes my diesel better :)

Rob please tell me you're not going to buy a Chevy or a dodge :sad:

Block heater would be better, I only use mine if temps are below 38 (usually Nov - Apr)

Seriously? I generally don't even think about plugging in the block heater until at least -20C. (-4F)

Edit: Never mind. Just realized you're talking diesel. Still, that seems a bit warm.

Last edited by a moderator:
31a5YGB6NBL._SL160_SL160_.jpg

Looks like a marital aid but it keeps the engine oil pliable.

ON a new subject

Is it my imagination but have most of the female forum participants cleared off?:huh:

So Star Wars 7 comes out in 2015. Discuss.

I haven't come to terms with the news yet. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

4.05 billion. He sold Lucasfilm to Disney.

That is just a suggestion/rumor. I'm enough of a nerd I've been paying close attention to this, and all info concerning what the new movies will be about is just conjecture.

Ahem! What am I chopped liver?

Edit: We seriously need to add a gender field here.

Back