the 100% directionless thread

So the Jeep may be shot. Done lots of fiddling and nothing has fixed it, it's going in for a compression test beginning of next week. If the motor is shot it looks like I'll be in the market for a new rig.

Leaning towards either a Chevy or GMC 2500HD crew cab with the Duramax motor and Allison transmission. Any thoughts?

So the Jeep may be shot. Done lots of fiddling and nothing has fixed it, it's going in for a compression test beginning of next week. If the motor is shot it looks like I'll be in the market for a new rig.

Leaning towards either a Chevy or GMC 2500HD crew cab with the Duramax motor and Allison transmission. Any thoughts?

I'll buy the Jeep chasis lol ;p what model?

I'll buy the Jeep chasis lol ;p what model?

99 WJ with 145k on it. Chassis is straight, transmission is solid but the motor feels like it's losing compression in at least one cylinder. If it really turns into me needing a new ride and you're serious I'll let you know and give you a solid deal on it. Too bad you live so damn far away!

Last edited by a moderator:
10 ambulances and 1 police state trooper car all going code 3 = cluster F#%$. It may look nice because of all flashy lights.

99 WJ with 145k on it. Chassis is straight, transmission is solid but the motor feels like it's losing compression in at least one cylinder. If it really turns into me needing a new ride and you're serious I'll let you know and give you a solid deal on it. Too bad you live so damn far away!

You know an STi is what you want...come to the dark side, and let the evil consume you. :ph34r:

You know an STi is what you want...come to the dark side, and let the evil consume you. :ph34r:

I'd love an STi but having to tow the toys and camping says a truck is a better option. I make great money for someone my age but not good enough to own two cars haha.

I'd love an STi but having to tow the toys and camping says a truck is a better option. I make great money for someone my age but not good enough to own two cars haha.

I know :( But I still have to put my STi pitch out there. ;)

Oh well in that case, you'll need an F250 Diesel the red ones are best :)

Oh well in that case, you'll need an F250 Diesel the red ones are best :)

Can't deny that the Powerstroke is a solid motor. I'm not a huge fan of how they look though. Definitely looking for a black truck. I'd take a really dark grey too, red just isn't my color.

10 ambulances and 1 police state trooper car all going code 3 = cluster F#%$. It may look nice because of all flashy lights.

Yea, I've wondered about that. I was looking at pics of the evacuation of NYU Hospital. Is having the red lights going, on a hundred ambulances, when there is no other traffic on the road really needed?

Yea, I've wondered about that. I was looking at pics of the evacuation of NYU Hospital. Is having the red lights going, on a hundred ambulances, when there is no other traffic on the road really needed?

Well, if you are uncomfortable and don't know what you are doing, try to look really cool doing it so nobody figures it out.

We were on highways and city streets along with closed highways and flooded city streets. Any toll booths we go code thru (they want to charge $12.50 per person).

Well, if you are uncomfortable and don't know what you are doing, try to look really cool doing it so nobody figures it out.

I rarely laugh out loud, but now my coworkers are once again questioning my sanity.

We were on highways and city streets along with closed highways and flooded city streets. Any toll booths we go code thru (they want to charge $12.50 per person).

I would hand the toll my card, pay for everyone then submit for reimbursement. you obviously haven't read the DRT reimbursement policy, its all fair game. and the points/miles are yours to keep. did I mention you get $60.00 per day for food, as long as you dont take their crappy brown bag?

portal.com > admin resources or Common Links > Concur travel > expenses

Chevy or GMC 2500HD crew cab with the Duramax motor and Allison transmission

blacked out, 4" lift, 35" MTs, yes please.

dont forget to put grill lights and a light bar for 360* visibility...

I rarely laugh out loud, but now my coworkers are once again questioning my sanity.

There was ever a question about your insanity?

I did some calibration work for GM on the Duramax a few years ago. If you can swing it, look for 2009.5 or newer with the LMM. It was a HUGE step up from the previous model (LMI, I think......but don't quote me).

That being said, forget GM altogether and go get and F150 with the EcoBoost!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got a call and was told to pack a bag. Might be heading east within the next 24 hours.

Back