the 100% directionless thread

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I call mine a chihua-gator. She's all attitude and teeth. Don't let the smile fool you.

u9yby3e4.jpg

Looks like a baby with fur, make it stop.

JPINFV

Gadfly
How to be Sir Buzzkillington in male adolescent psych process group . When the kids are trying to claim that marijuana doesn't have long term side effects, drop the bomb that it has linked to testicular cancer. The need for redirection suddenly dropped significantly.

Meursault

Organic Mechanic
How to be Sir Buzzkillington in male adolescent psych process group . When the kids are trying to claim that marijuana doesn't have long term side effects, drop the bomb that it has linked to testicular cancer. The need for redirection suddenly dropped significantly.

And then you have this.

All the bad things it does to one's gonads do end up reducing sperm count, though I guess not everyone sees that as a plus.

JPINFV

Gadfly
And then you have this.

All the bad things it does to one's gonads do end up reducing sperm count, though I guess not everyone sees that as a plus.

14-17 year old boys are generally not in the demographic where self castration would be seen as a plus.

Of course I also didn't breach the subjects of correlation vs causation and the fact that it was use vs non-use (so technically once you start there's no point in stopping).

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Wife sent me this. For the baby-faced providers like myself...

Since I don't know how to post .gifs on to here, look here instead

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I just had the pleasure of over hearing this conversation between PD and the subject of an unknown medical.

Subject: "What are you guys doing here?"
PD: "You're friend called us. She hadn't heard from you in awhile, and wanted to make sure you didn't drown in the bath. We tried kicking in the door."
Subject: "Well...that's not a very strong door, I think you need to work out more."
PD: "Good night sir..."

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Ok all you gun guys.....

Springfield XdM 9mm or Walther PPQ 9mm

I can't decide. Not really planning on carying. Mostly for home defense, going to the range, and maybe keeping in the Jeep.

bigbaldguy

Ok all you gun guys.....

I can't decide. Not really planning on carying. Mostly for home defense, going to the range, and maybe keeping in the Jeep.

If you're not carrying why are you getting a pistol. Short barreled shotgun. Cheaper more effective and causes much more pucker factor in the dark. Also safer depending on your living arrangements and ammo used.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
If you really want a handgun, i'd go with the springfield XD. I have the fullsize in .45. It's a beautiful thing.

If it's for protection, i'm with bigbaldguy, shotgun is king in a home enviroment.

Click click, pucker pucker

Achilles

Forum Moron
Ok all you gun guys.....

Everyone has a 9mm get at .45
With some nice hollow points.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Guns are a personal thing. Go to the range, rent/borrow a few. Put some rounds down range with each. Find the one that feels best when you shoot it. For me it was my S&W 4013. Felt like an extension of my hand.

And I agree. Shotty all the way for home defense. I have a Remington 870, and if I ever hear anyone in the house, I'm racking it and yelling, "I'm armed and I'm coming for you!" :)

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
No better way to spend my morning after shift, than to build a giant Lego train track with my roommates.

Oh, and as for the gun conversation, I have a .40 Glock 23, but I've been really wanting to pick up a .45 XD.

bigbaldguy

JPINFV

Gadfly
Pistols and rifles = lame. Let me know when you can shoot moving targets, like in trap, with them.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Everyone has a 9mm get at .45
With some nice hollow points.

9mm and train with it. Shot placement is important no matter what you're shooting, so I'd rather have the extra rounds a similar sized 9mm can provide.

Achilles

Forum Moron
Pistols and rifles = lame. Let me know when you can shoot moving targets, like in trap, with them.

How about a trotting deer at 283 yards? Or maybe a bird flying away...
Or a stationary 1^2' target at 600 yards with a 7mm zeroed at 200.
Or how about a 12 guage at 200 yards 1^2' target

Last edited by a moderator: