Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
The accent makes her even hotter. :)

Can you introduce me? :D

Umm she talks an awful lot about her husband and family in the vid. I agree though she is adorable. I wish these folks the best of luck. I went to their petition page but didn't sign since I don't even live in the same country.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I have an interview tomorrow for a part time job as a registrar.

Medic school, full time basic, and registrar. I got this. Lol

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
This made me lol

417215_10100378022950881_261411363_n.jpg

Went to get food today, and saw a sign next to the menu on the wall that said "CPR Available" with an arrow pointing to a plastic bag taped to the wall.

bigbaldguy

I have an interview tomorrow for a part time job as a registrar.

Medic school, full time basic, and registrar. I got this. Lol

I agree, you got it :)

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Umm she talks an awful lot about her husband and family in the vid. I agree though she is adorable. I wish these folks the best of luck. I went to their petition page but didn't sign since I don't even live in the same country.

So, smart, pretty, AND family oriented? Damn...what's not to like about Australia?

8jimi8

CFRN
Smart, well-spoken, beautiful AND Australian? Wow.
...I think I'll be applying to work at Macquarie after all.

fax me one, eh?

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
c6e4c9a1-593f-e633.jpg

Finally sprung for a radio strap. Anyone know how it's supposed to ride on the body? (right on the side or more on the butt/back) Worried it might be a little too long since it rides on my butt..might have to punch some new holes in it.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
fax me one, eh?

That's the plan!

Then again, getting a gig at Macquarie (or a peer) right out of undergrad with limited experience is gonna be a s-t-r-e-t-c-h...

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
c6e4c9a1-593f-e633.jpg

Finally sprung for a radio strap. Anyone know how it's supposed to ride on the body? (right on the side or more on the butt/back) Worried it might be a little too long since it rides on my butt..might have to punch some new holes in it.

I'm under the impression that those are supposed to be worn like a hall monitor strap...

dfdsffsd.jpg

Eric_Cartman___Hall_Monitor_by_:censored::censored::censored::censored:tywall.jpg

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
I'm under the impression that those are supposed to be worn like a hall monitor strap...

dfdsffsd.jpg

Eric_Cartman___Hall_Monitor_by_:censored::censored::censored::censored:tywall.jpg

Hahahah yeah I know. The length of the strap is so long that when slung over my shoulder it rests near the small of my back.

I can't even imagine how you thought I was wearing it based on my description hahaha

JPINFV

Gadfly
Hahahah yeah I know. The length of the strap is so long that when slung over my shoulder it rests near the small of my back.

I can't even imagine how you thought I was wearing it based on my description hahaha

Own a leather punch? Know someone who does?

rwik123

Forum Asst. Chief
Own a leather punch? Know someone who does?

Thats what I was figuring...punch a few more holes it in to shorten it up a bit and bring it more to my side. I'll embrace my inner whacker...but I actually enjoy this method better....easier to hear radio traffic on a loud scene and not having to take the radio on and off the belt...I know its more a fire thing, but seems to be pretty popular with both EMS and fire in my area.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
6c0028e5-7f92-49fc.jpg

This seems like a good time.

PA's got 3 full crews out there, it's interesting to follow the updates on this end... as of the other day, one was on the Jawbone Complex fire, and 2 were working Ramsey.

Sounds like fire season is in full swing. I can't seem to open NIFC's site today... not sure if it's having issues, if I'm having issues, or it's just too busy.

c6e4c9a1-593f-e633.jpg

Personally, I wear mine low on my left (non-dominant) side. It rides slightly lower than it would if belt-mounted (top of radio is either in line with my belt or no lower than my belt).

bigbaldguy

A. I feel so sorry for this guy. Not because he ate those peppers that was just stupid. I feel sorry for him because he has a self esteem issue so bad that he would do this to himself on video to try and fill that hole. Very very sad.

B. That said I think rapid transport and keeping a very close eye on airway would be the way to go. If his airway was to become compromised from the swelling you might have to RSI but I suspect he'll survive without much in the way of medical help. Maybe stop and buy him a big jug of half and half? People do stupid stuff like this all the time and rarely die.

CANDawg

Forum Asst. Chief

ABC's, transport, and sit back and enjoy the show. I don't believe that hot peppers normally cause airway compromise unless there is some type of allergy. That said, you might need to coach down the respirations. When something gets spicy, people tend to hyperventilate thinking that the passing air will cool their mouth off. It doesn't.

I have never personally had success with dairy products myself, but I have a friend that swears by lemon juice. I have yet to try it. ;)

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
Its an irritator that can cause inflammatory response "over sensitivity" in extreme cases it can cause bronco constriction, get ready for albuturol, I wonder if using olive oil may it completely remove the burning sensation since it's an organic hydrophobic compound that triggers receptor, if you use hydrophobic orgabic oils "olive oil" will it cause the cause the burning sensation to stop faster? Sounds like a job for BBG lol...