the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Protocol test #2 in 30 minutes...just a little on the intimidating side.

8jimi8

CFRN
Stemi recognition: beyond the basics

TomB's

Stemi recognition: beyond the basics

Free webinar on EMS
World website is beginning right now.

FREE

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
Can't make it to the web cast but thanks for letting us know.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Finally almost a year and a half after I got hired I'm finally on an ALS 911 unit full time. Never met the medic and it's on the side of the week that doesn't really work for me but I'll make it work.

My unit is also the newest unit in our fleet :cool:

TRSpeed

Forum Asst. Chief
Finally almost a year and a half after I got hired I'm finally on an ALS 911 unit full time. Never met the medic and it's on the side of the week that doesn't really work for me but I'll make it work.

My unit is also the newest unit in our fleet :cool:

Congrats. The new gas units are pretty good. They got cool little gadgets and dual sirens.

Also today I realized how corrupt dispatch is, and how much a box of fresh donuts can make your day one hundred times better. Especially in a 500+ employee busy system. Lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I forgot how much I hate the DMV.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
I forgot how much I hate the DMV.

They love me. "So you bought a fully functional, no-damage 1990 Honda Civic for $100?"

"Its a ricebucket. What more do you want?"

"Okay. $20 tax please."

And then two days later the same lady at the counter.

"A MUSTANG for $200? WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU BUYING THESE CARS."

Yeah...

Also it's never a good day when there's so much swelling in/around your esophagas you can barely swallow water. Docs have no idea what I have, but they've ruled out strep and a cold. What the hell do we pay them for again?

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
You guys obviously have no idea how much most doctors actually make lol

8jimi8

CFRN
They love me. "So you bought a fully functional, no-damage 1990 Honda Civic for $100?"

"Its a ricebucket. What more do you want?"

"Okay. $20 tax please."

And then two days later the same lady at the counter.

"A MUSTANG for $200? WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU BUYING THESE CARS."

Yeah...

Also it's never a good day when there's so much swelling in/around your esophagas you can barely swallow water. Docs have no idea what I have, but they've ruled out strep and a cold. What the hell do we pay them for again?

havent recently started any new medications? lisinopril...?

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
havent recently started any new medications? lisinopril...?

No medications, NKDA, no PMH of this. fever ranging from 100-104 rectal, mild head pain, severe throat pain and swelling/redness of throat. No blisters present (almost wrote pregnant lmao). Minor periods of time where not fully alert (not confused, just very zoned out). Talking provokes some pain, onset was about 2AM this morning, pain awoke me. Dizziness sometimes present. Airway is clear bilaterally, in all 5 lobes. slight cough occurs every-so-often (non-frequent). My heart felt a little weird before, hard to describe. Almost like the reverse of how aFib presents (2nd beat felt a lot stronger then the first one). But that went away really quick.

Ironically, I... how do I put this... christened my mustang 2 days ago with a girl. And she had a slight cough which she said was nothing... I'm wondering if she got me sick.

Actually she probably did.

Last edited by a moderator:

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Ironically, I... how do I put this... christened my mustang 2 days ago with a girl. And she had a slight cough which she said was nothing... I'm wondering if she got me sick.

Actually she probably did.

Severe throat pain? Fever? And not strep?
If you're often tired, I'd think mono, except the incubation period is something like 3+ weeks.

shiroun

Forum Lieutenant
Severe throat pain? Fever? And not strep?
If you're often tired, I'd think mono, except the incubation period is something like 3+ weeks.

Strep culture taken. came back negative.

I don't think its mono since I don't have a rash anywhere, and I'm not always tired.

Asclepius911

Forum Lieutenant
Sti can also live in mucus membrane of the pharynx, that is if something fishy was done. It will have similar symptoms as strep with fevers... it can also be transmitted mouth by full on mac session..

8jimi8

CFRN
cmon man. whiskey is NOT for going to sleep. did you bring a woman home?

Beer and tacos is a great way to pass out.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief
Really thinking of going the PA route, I can get into the program and licensed for less than 10k, and salaries around the 90+k mark... Very promising, especially for only a 2 year program.

8jimi8

CFRN
CRNA is the only midlevel position i can fathom. A body system i love, paid way above any other midlevel. Annnnnd.. no (freak)ing responsibility of managing total patient care, maintaining a clientele base. 0800 to 1500 and enough money to travel or do whatever else i want.

EpiEMS

Forum Deputy Chief
Really thinking of going the PA route, I can get into the program and licensed for less than 10k, and salaries around the 90+k mark... Very promising, especially for only a 2 year program.

$10k for a PA program? Nice! Talk about serious ROI, that's pretty cool