the 100% directionless thread

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Now, my original thought: run him over in my district, I need more trauma in my life.

I agree. We talked about it today and one of the "bad" calls I haven't seen yet is a multisystems trauma.

Had the arrest, had the pedi arrest, had a couple wicked breathers, had a chest painer that turned into a STEMI in the ER (only had depression in the field so no pre-alert), had a hemorrhagic stroke, had a thrombolitic stroke, had bilateral brain aneurysms, had the hypotensive septic pt, done a fair share of conscious sedation calls but no multisystems trauma. :(

Best part is all of this is in 3 weeks of internship. I am the definition of a black cloud and the talk is that my preceptor is passing his black cloud torch to me. I'll take it as long as I can pass it to an intern in the future :D

MochaRaf

Forum Crew Member
I agree. We talked about it today and one of the "bad" calls I haven't seen yet is a multisystems trauma.

Had the arrest, had the pedi arrest, had a couple wicked breathers, had a chest painer that turned into a STEMI in the ER (only had depression in the field so no pre-alert), had a hemorrhagic stroke, had a thrombolitic stroke, had bilateral brain aneurysms, had the hypotensive septic pt, done a fair share of conscious sedation calls but no multisystems trauma. :(

Best part is all of this is in 3 weeks of internship. I am the definition of a black cloud and the talk is that my preceptor is passing his black cloud torch to me. I'll take it as long as I can pass it to an intern in the future :D

Eh, I am the complete opposite. I am the super white cloud, not even jinxing us works. I suppose it is for the best, never want to wish anyone harm anyways.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Eh, I am the complete opposite. I am the super white cloud, not even jinxing us works. I suppose it is for the best, never want to wish anyone harm anyways.

I don't ever really want someone to get really hurt or injured but I do like to be around when it does happen. Except for kids. I'm getting better with them but they still get me a bit.

Although I could go the rest of my career without another pediatric arrest and be perfectly fine with that. Unfortunately at the pace I'm going it doesn't sound like I will be so lucky.

Had a motorcycle accident today. Came out priority one as "pt thrown from his bike". Turned out he was at a stop and got bumped at <5 mph from behind and fell over. Couple scrapes but nothing serious.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Think of it this way. Someone is going to get messed up somewhere at some time isn't better that it happens while you're there rather than some less enthusiastic provider :)

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
You know you've had a stressful week when you're a grown *** man and a song comes on the radio that makes you start bawling on your drive home. For like no reason at all.

What the heck?
[YOUTUBE]iCdBc5uByFQ[/YOUTUBE]

bigbaldguy

You know you've had a stressful week when you're a grown *** man and a song comes on the radio that makes you start bawling on your drive home. For like no reason at all.

What the heck?

Yeah but that's Johnny man. He could make Hitler get all maudlin and weepy. Stay strong.

Sasha

Forum Chief
It's amazing the people who promise they are different are the ones who hurt you the most.

Anjel

Forum Angel
My pants on. Their pants off lol

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

What the heck?

Been there, just with a different song. I'm really sorry you're having a crappy week Adam. :(

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
It seems it's my supervisors goal this week to see just how much he can piss me off.

And speaking of no pants, my roommate is, for some reason, no wearing his pants. :huh:

Anjel

Forum Angel
Nothing like having an 8 y.o beg you to save their grandma who was just pronounced.

:-/ Not something I think I will get used to.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler

What the heck?

That song, especially the last verse, makes me well up no matter what the day.

shfd739

Forum Deputy Chief
Covering today for 4 hours is actually gonna be 6+ hours. After getting my butt handed to me for the last 2 days.

It all gets better in a week when I change areas. Can't wait to get to the pool tonight and start drinking.

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
Been there, just with a different song. I'm really sorry you're having a crappy week Adam. :(

Clearly you missed the "grown *** man" part of my post :p

I suppose it was about time for my annual tear-letting, gotta keep those ducts drained out or you could get some increased ICP. Feels good, y'know?

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Clearly you missed the "grown *** man" part of my post :p

I suppose it was about time for my annual tear-letting, gotta keep those ducts drained out or you could get some increased ICP. Feels good, y'know?

Dammit, I'm a man! :(

bigbaldguy

I so want to make a comment about having used an argument similar to this on a date once but I won't because I have to set an example.