the 100% directionless thread

I did indeed take a refresher as part of my Medic program. I'll have to give the NR a call and see what I need to do. Either my reading comprehension sucks or the website is kind of vague.

Matter of fact. It doesn't even matter. I don't need my NR cert to keep up state or county certs, and I'm planning on taking the NREMT-P by the end of the year, so why pay for it twice?

I got the happy email today with my EMT license number.

Now the hard part, finding a job. At least I have another occupation field I can search in.

Bigbaldguys 43 seconds of youtube fame

Fast forward to 5:41 thru 6:24 oh who's that good looking tall fellow looking all official. I'll give you hint. He's tall, bald and you just might know him :)

Fast forward to 5:41 thru 6:24 oh who's that good looking tall fellow looking all official. I'll give you hint. He's tall, bald and you just might know him :)

... Where? :rofl:

... Where? :rofl:

It was at Buzzfest 26 at the Woodlands Pavilion. We were backing up security in the pit during crowd surfing.

Is there supposed to be a video? Lol i dont see it.

BBG, you're about 22 days late for April Fool's day.

5 hours, 17 mg morphine, and 200 mcg fentanyl later, and I'm finally nearing the ending chapters of my chart for that rope rescue. I'm so excited to get my *** chewed by my medical director tomorrow. :/

5 hours, 17 mg morphine, and 200 mcg fentanyl later, and I'm finally nearing the ending chapters of my chart for that rope rescue. I'm so excited to get my *** chewed by my medical director tomorrow. :/

Why are you going to get chewed out?

Why are you going to get chewed out?

Probably because I didn't fly a stable patient based solely on MOI. Or because I spent the extra 15 minutes to divert to a level 2 hospital instead of the level 4 that has no ortho services.

Quite honestly, I'm not sure why I will, but with my medical director, there doesn't technically have to be a reason.

ARRRRRRRRGH!

My partner is going to kill my hearing. He is older, and very set in his ways, and his hearing isn't as good as it used to be. He has the music radio on loud, the truck radio on loud, his window open (lots of traffic noise) and is on the phone and pretty much yelling into it.

He also refuses to believe me that the AC works better if the windows are closed, so pretty soon the fan will be on high too.

All I want to do is read my book :-(

Ooo bbg is a celebrity. I like how some kid is just flying sideways at you lol

For the first time ever I had to tell a guy to "hop in the back of the ambulance, drop your pants, and bend over".

It was soo hard to keep a straight face on that medical aid :rofl:

For the first time ever I had to tell a guy to "hop in the back of the ambulance, drop your pants, and bend over".

It was soo hard to keep a straight face on that medical aid :rofl:

Haha, what'd everybody else on scene look like? I'd wager something like :unsure:

Oh ACLS, how I love you.

I'm in the middle of medic school doing sims that involve "activating the emergency response system" and using an AED

Haha, what'd everybody else on scene look like? I'd wager something like :unsure:

The guy sat on a 3 inch screw. We got him in the back of the ambulance before we started our assessment. The screw was still in his butt. And of course he didn't want to get transported.

So that was an awkward call to medical control to get clearence to remove the screw. I've taken screw out of wood before but it's alot different when it's flesh.

Ooo bbg is a celebrity. I like how some kid is just flying sideways at you lol

I wish they had filmed me a little later in the evening when the half naked and in one case almost completely naked girls started dropping on my head. So much fun, you can see me trying really hard in the video to fight down a big stupid grin :)

ZOMBIES!!! Get the Crossbows!!!

Okay... had to take a break from finishing up school work for the semester to post this link. Despite the fact that I primarily use GIS for Public Safety and Emergency Service applications, the people who made this GIS Database and Map are BRILLIANT!!! This is a Zombie Survival Map. The parameters for the creation of this data set may be in dispute by some, but the premise is AWESOME!!! The maps lays out areas of higher danger as well as locations for supplies, such as guns, food, gas, etc. Shopping Malls (Dawn of the Dead) are also highlighted, as well as locations for medical professionals; not hospitals (high danger areas), but the residences of Doctors and Nurses (if their residence location was available for the database) so that you can "target" who you want in your survival group. Personally, I have already selected locations to take refuge at, shops to raid in the first 3 months, a place to set a permanent settlement once the dust starts to settle, and some of the people I need in the group to ensure our survival... and of course, my choice in armaments...

Check it Out...

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

Okay... had to take a break from finishing up school work for the semester to post this link. Despite the fact that I primarily use GIS for Public Safety and Emergency Service applications, the people who made this GIS Database and Map are BRILLIANT!!! This is a Zombie Survival Map. The parameters for the creation of this data set may be in dispute by some, but the premise is AWESOME!!! The maps lays out areas of higher danger as well as locations for supplies, such as guns, food, gas, etc. Shopping Malls (Dawn of the Dead) are also highlighted, as well as locations for medical professionals; not hospitals (high danger areas), but the residences of Doctors and Nurses (if their residence location was available for the database) so that you can "target" who you want in your survival group. Personally, I have already selected locations to take refuge at, shops to raid in the first 3 months, a place to set a permanent settlement once the dust starts to settle, and some of the people I need in the group to ensure our survival... and of course, my choice in armaments...

Check it Out...

http://www.mapofthedead.com/

That's pretty cool.

I too have a pretty awesome plan. Probably not quite as detailed but a couple friends and I have a general idea of who, what, where, when and how. I'd have a grand old time with zombies. Just like Call of Duty!

Back