the 100% directionless thread

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
My partner today is about as sharp as a marble. Lord give me strength to not choke a :censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: today.

I can't relate, my partner today is sharp as a tach...then again she has two Master's and is premed, so that probably helps :p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
ILS day at work today. I'd rather attend than drive but I won't lie I do like driving every now and again.

Working today? While "cruzin" the mean streets of Reno, saw a sorry sack of medics posting at Lemon and Buck north of town. :p. YOU?

Last edited by a moderator:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Very possible. What time? I was up there around noonish.

I'm in medic 6 :D

Savin' lives all day. After this morning I have a totally different view of conscious sedation at dentists' offices.

Pediatric status seizure. Couldn't break it. Poor girl had seized for about 40 minutes continuously by the time we had gotten to the hospital and that's with a fast scene time and a code 3 transport.

Anjel

Forum Angel
OMFG

I hate the fire department.

They were our AlS. Refused to take a pt with a severe headache with hx of prior CVAs.

We transport. She has a massive stroke. And I get screamed at by ER doc.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
scaled.php

Best. Skit. EVAR!

I would have to agree with that. Although the basketball with Prince comes in a close second.

bigbaldguy

Went and picked up my new uniform shirts today, old ones were XXL, new ones are Medium. I might have to change my name from bigbaldguy to mediumbaldguy.

STXmedic

Forum Burnout
Premium Member
Went and picked up my new uniform shirts today, old ones were XXL, new ones are Medium. I might have to change my name from bigbaldguy to mediumbaldguy.

Woo! Good work!!

bigbaldguy

Sasha

Forum Chief
Got whacked in the face with a mitted hand, got called a racist, got.my hair pulled and got spit on by the same pt.

It's pick on Sasha day

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Got whacked in the face with a mitted hand, got called a racist, got.my hair pulled and got spit on by the same pt.

It's pick on Sasha day

Gotta love restraints and spit socks haha

Sasha

Forum Chief
So they have you take an aggressive patient to a restraint free facility?

Most nursing homes are restraint free facilities. They had him in mitts.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
Very possible. What time? I was up there around noonish.

I'm in medic 6 :D

Didn't catch the unit number. Posting at a Quick Stop two exits before Red Rock. 1300hrs to 1315hrs.

BTW, know a newer medic in his 50's (older newbie playing with the youngins)?

MS Medic

Forum Captain
I prefer benzodiazepines. Less physical contact between me and people.

I agree but crazy thing here is chemical restraints are preferred per protocol but state requires med con orders for any restraints. Your lucky to get physical restraint orders from the resident over the phone so good luck with the benzos.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Can it be? Is it true?

Did someone actually just utter the phrase "attempted manslaughter"?

Wow...