the 100% directionless thread

JPINFV

Gadfly
Do you call reporters "keyboard tappers"?

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Do you call reporters "keyboard tappers"?

You know what, I actually googled pejoratives to use, but thought I'd keep from angering him, as my full name is in the email and I didn't want him putting 2 and 2 together to find out who employs me then file a complaint :p

But looking at all his previous articles, he's your typical journalist, going for the stories that sell, even if they mean nothing, he doesn't get the full thing right, or just looks at one side. That's why I despise most journalists.

Oh oh, his response:

"I see your point. I do. But I cannot write a line like "protocal dictates the ambulance to divert" for the following reasons (just sharing the newspaper mindset)

1) It's passive voice, and I try to use active voice when writing
2) an ambulance doesn't divert. it's an inanimate object without a brain. Someone makes the object move and changes its direction"

Last edited by a moderator:

JPINFV

Gadfly
Finally found the picture I was looking for...
emt-we-do.jpg

Sasha

Forum Chief
News flash. We are an ambulance not a effing uhaul.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
A certain dispatcher is cruisin for a bruisin...stop being a dingle and dispatching units from hard posts on the other side of the city to low priority calls only to cancel them en route.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I Hate vanbulances

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
5.5 earthquake north of Eureka, California. Anyone feel it?

medic417

The Truth Provider
It wasn't a threat...

It was either advice or a prediction. :rofl:

Rules clearly state such rude behavior will not be tolerated. Now don't make me send you on an involuntary vacation.

:p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
5.5 earthquake north of Eureka, California. Anyone feel it?

5.6 according to my data. 20.4 miles deep. 286 miles away from me. So... no.. but I am ready to respond if California falls into the ocean...

lrg-7984-2012-movie-trailer2-a8.jpg

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Andddddd the CAD goes down. One thing after another. Doesn't change anything for us, sucks for dispatch.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Ours are either frozen on the main screen, or are just left off so we don't have to deal with a frozen main screen.

We don't have screens in the units it's all radio still :rolleyes: dispatch has all the CAD stuff so I have no idea how they do it but they didn't look happy when I was in there at EOS turning in paperwork.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
18 year old College Students make me sad. Just want to rip those rose colored glasses off their stupefied faces...

adamjh3

Forum Culinary Powerhouse
18 year old College Students make me sad. Just want to rip those rose colored glasses off their stupefied faces...

Thus why I hate being associated with my generation

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Hey I wear colored glasses! Not rose colored though ;) More like neon blue, but not at work, I have "professional" glasses for that.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Hey I wear colored glasses! Not rose colored though ;) More like neon blue, but not at work, I have "professional" glasses for that.

And as you age, they change colors to this color. It is a gradual transition, so you won't be able to pinpoint the start, but it is an undeniable change.

:cool:

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
And as you age, they change colors to this color. It is a gradual transition, so you won't be able to pinpoint the start, but it is an undeniable change.

:cool:

All you do is make me afraid of getting old :ph34r:

I kid I kid.