the 100% directionless thread

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Somebody in my EMT class had to double check what "BLS" means. We're about 5 weeks in.

It wouldn't be that bad, but this kid also asked what a torso is during CPR training.

:sad::ph34r:

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
500th post :pB)

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
I hate this time of year. Too cold to go around in a tshirt, still warm enough that you are labeled a nut head if you dress too warmly. ERGH:angry:!!

Do what any true northerner does...

Hoodie + shorts, year round. You can never fail.

EMSLaw

Legal Beagle

As opposed to the kids from California, who try to wear flip-flops year round, then complain about how cold it is.

Meanwhile, those of us from the Northeast are like, "What? It's on 40! This is practically spring!"

nomofica

Forum Asst. Chief

As a citizen from Alberta, Canada, all I have to say is this: :blush:

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
My first winter down in Texas, it was like 40deg. Nothing bad for anyone up north, so I wore my hoodie-shorts combo.

GOt to school and people asked me all day how I was not cold. They were all wearing sweats / snowpants, and winter coats. I was like "This is springtime for me."

bunkie

Forum Asst. Chief
Somebody in my EMT class had to double check what "BLS" means. We're about 5 weeks in.

It wouldn't be that bad, but this kid also asked what a torso is during CPR training.

:sad::ph34r:

Someone last night asked what nitro was. We just tested on pharmacology. :wacko: But yours takes the cake.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Someone last night asked what nitro was. We just tested on pharmacology. :wacko: But yours takes the cake.

When I heard it, I almost cried. The instructor responded with "We're 5 weeks in, and your not sure what BLS is?" The kid said he was just checking, but I don't think he was being completely truthful.

CollegeBoy

Forum Lieutenant

To me that says city slicker. A true northerner where I live wears blue jeans and a tshirt. Blue jeans and tshirt whens its 100. Blue jeans and tshirt when its -10. Dressing up??? Whats that mean??? (You know you are a hillbilly when a bonfire/hog roast combination was one of the leading sugestions for prom last year.)

My first winter down in Texas, it was like 40deg. Nothing bad for anyone up north, so I wore my hoodie-shorts combo.

GOt to school and people asked me all day how I was not cold. They were all wearing sweats / snowpants, and winter coats. I was like "This is springtime for me."

Never lived outside of Indiana, but the funny looks I got when I went down Splash Mountain at Disney World five times in a row in blue jeans and a tshirt in 40 degree weather. ^_^

oneluv79

Forum Crew Member

Try it here, it was like 92 degrees today and even hotter tonite, it feels like your breathing in fire....HOT! whats going on.....

oneluv79:sad:

guardian528

Forum Lieutenant
oh my god the dodgers are amazing

JPINFV

Gadfly
Dear people who use the term "ambo" for "ambulance,"

Please note, there is no "o" in "ambulance"

Sincerely,

You're neighborhood grammar police.

Shishkabob

Forum Chief
Off to do my first clinical of the year... Childrens medical center in Dallas. ER till 11 tonight.

dewd09

Forum Crew Member
Is there a full moon? It's cloudy, and fogged in here. Of course, wet roads and leaves could be equally as promising for a wreck; as a superstitions and a full moon.