the 100% directionless thread

Anjel

Forum Angel
Yes we missed you. So glad to hear everything is ok.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
I'm back. Did you miss me?

I have been living in hospitals since this time last week. My dad went to the cardiologist a week ago today, which evolved into a stress test, a heart cath, and then bypass surgery.

Then, when hubby returned to work, they were having a live burn and in the VS before the event, they found that he was hypertensive. He went to the hospital to rule out MI when he had chest pain associated with that.

2 hospitals, 2 hours apart. Yuck.

They are both home now, and hubby did rule out, the cardiologist blamed it on stress after he passed a stress echo. It has been a stressful week.

Welcome back, glad to her everyone is alright!

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston
I'm back. Did you miss me?

I have been living in hospitals since this time last week. My dad went to the cardiologist a week ago today, which evolved into a stress test, a heart cath, and then bypass surgery.

Then, when hubby returned to work, they were having a live burn and in the VS before the event, they found that he was hypertensive. He went to the hospital to rule out MI when he had chest pain associated with that.

2 hospitals, 2 hours apart. Yuck.

They are both home now, and hubby did rule out, the cardiologist blamed it on stress after he passed a stress echo. It has been a stressful week.

:):)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Welcome back, glad to her everyone is alright!

Seconded!

On another note. Gave a guy narcan yesterday, we fixed his breathing, ED ended up giving more to wake him :wacko:

I just happened to have a flush in my hand as I had just finished starting and flushing a second line for the nurse before we left and he looked at me, cussed me out and said, "Now I'm not going to be able to get high!"

Went from a warm fuzzy feeling of being able to prevent someone else from dealing with what I have been going through from losing a friend to a heroine OD to feeling like all I did was delay the inevitable for one more day :glare:

On a brighter note, I get tomorrow off! First day in 15 days :)

abckidsmom

Dances with Patients
Seconded!

On another note. Gave a guy narcan yesterday, we fixed his breathing, ED ended up giving more to wake him :wacko:

I just happened to have a flush in my hand as I had just finished starting and flushing a second line for the nurse before we left and he looked at me, cussed me out and said, "Now I'm not going to be able to get high!"

Went from a warm fuzzy feeling of being able to prevent someone else from dealing with what I have been going through from losing a friend to a heroine OD to feeling like all I did was delay the inevitable for one more day :glare:

On a brighter note, I get tomorrow off! First day in 15 days :)

Speaking of narcotic overdoses, my dad ran his dilaudid PCA through the roof, and stacked it up with oxycodone and vicodin when his pain was out of control. Yep- he was out cold. It was pretty cute the random mumbling he was doing when he was stoned.

I was impressed with the tiny, tiny increments they gave him to get him awake again. 0.2 mg in slow little pushes.

He sobbed like a baby when he woke up. Time on spent on bypass just wrecks your emotional state.

enjoynz

Lady Enjoynz
It was kind of sad that so few folk turned up for the Mmiz's 'Holiday Chat' in the chatroom tonight.
Last year from memory, there were 30+ people there.
What gives you lot..it can't be that scary to say hi and meet the other members on the site????
P.S. Thanks Mmiz and Firetender was nice to talk to you!:)

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
It was kind of sad that so few folk turned up for the Mmiz's 'Holiday Chat' in the chatroom tonight.
What gives you lot..it can't be that scary to say hi and meet the other members on the site????

when did this happen?

We used to be in chat all the time and there were only a few that came on a regular basis.

exodus

Forum Deputy Chief

What holiday chat? lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
What holiday chat? lol

Another thought I had.

I didn't see anything about it, but I have also been really busy so I haven't been paying much attention.

Anjel

Forum Angel
I missed it when I was on a call from hell. 31y/o psych pt that weighed 567lb. Going back to a nursing home.

Had that UTI smellx1000 and oozing from sores everywhere. When she walked she left a trail of skin, puss and bandages.

We took turns leaving the room when she wasnt looking to gag. I couldn't take it.

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
I was sleeping cause I was pretty tired from work,, but had I known (didn't know), I probably would've gotten on. We used to have a little gang inside of the chatroom, but it's transitioned to Facebook, lol.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I was sleeping cause I was pretty tired from work,, but had I known (didn't know), I probably would've gotten on. We used to have a little gang inside of the chatroom, but it's transitioned to Facebook, lol.

Gah you blew it! Now everyone is going to want to get in on the facebook gang!

;)

I was totally wrong on the mental image I had depicted of everyone when I saw them, except for Fast, I knew he looked like a kid, but that's cause he told me :rofl:

Sorry fast, had to say it :)

bigbaldguy

Former medic seven years 911 service in houston

Yeah I rarely show up for things I'm completely unaware are happening :( lol

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I think we should start our own chat.

Right.....meow!

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C
Gah you blew it! Now everyone is going to want to get in on the facebook gang!

;)

I was totally wrong on the mental image I had depicted of everyone when I saw them, except for Fast, I knew he looked like a kid, but that's cause he told me :rofl:

Sorry fast, had to say it :)

I am so incredibly offended right now...jeez...I just don't even know what to say...I am crying on the inside. I wish I had a lollipop or some stickers. :/

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
Alright...the lollipop comment didn't help your cause.

katgrl2003

Forum Asst. Chief
I am so incredibly offended right now...jeez...I just don't even know what to say...I am crying on the inside. I wish I had a lollipop or some stickers. :/

Awww, if i knew your address i would send you a lollipop and stickers.

fast65

Doogie Howser FP-C

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We had an ambulance from a different company run thru a crime scene of a fatal accident. They were going code 3 in their CCT rig. Let's just say things aren't gonna be good for that EMT.