Tempus Pro — any experience?

CWATT

Forum Lieutenant
Phillips recently purchased RDT, the manufacturer’s of the Tempus Pro cardiac monitor, defibrilator, ultrasound, and video laryngoscope machine. Basically the most amazing device I think I’ve ever seen. However, there’s almost no literature/reviews out there. I’ve spoken with RDT and they told me it’s currently used in the US military. Does anyone have experience with the device? What are your thoughts?

- C

https://www.rdtltd.com/products/tempus-pro-advanced-vital-signs-monitor/what-is-tempus-pro/

upload_2019-1-30_8-50-40.png

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
All I know is that our department is looking at buying new monitors next year. And I know some of the people involved are wanting to look at it. I'm not even sure all the components have been fda cleared.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Is it also an espresso machine?

PotatoMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
This thing has been cooking for years. I remember seeing a review of one at least 6 years ago. Last I heard it wasn't FDA approved. Yet .

Summit

Critical Crazy
Those units are drop dead sexy

Aprz

The New Beach Medic
Eh, it's an okay revive. I've been seeing a ton of Netherland EMS people talking about this monitor. In the US, I've used all three main cardiac monitors: Zoll, LifePak, and Philip. They each have small differences, but otherwise none really stand out that much. I can't imagine a different cardiac monitor being a game changer. I would still be interested in seeing and playing around with one just for the experience of it, but I doubt it would be any different from the other three I've used. Since this thread is old, I guess Tempus never really exploded hear. Maybe Philips just wanted to reach out to the non US market?

PotatoMedic

Last I checked the aed function is still not approved for use in the USA

NomadicMedic

that’s correct, manual defib only. There are several services around me with them. I hear about lots of problems. Meanwhile, the X series continues to be the hotness. The LP15s at my service are absolute boat anchors.

Summit

Critical Crazy
. I can't imagine a different cardiac monitor being a game changer.
Unless you have to carry it up and down the mountain. Tempus is light. Want

Medicsince1999

Forum Ride Along
The charging of the equipment can be an issue since some services don't have inverter on rigs. The issues have been with duplicate readings, when a change in patient status is obvious. Some medics don't like the extra shock box.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I wanted to love the Tempus but I was underwhelmed. We did not find the touch screen to work very well and it sometimes it would freeze. We also had issues with the therapy unit synching with the monitor. Printer is just ok.

It is light though, I like that. And being able to split the weight for backcountry calls is nice, though I think for many calls leaving the therapy box behind would be appropriate. That said there are smaller, cheaper vital signs monitors than the Tempus.

We will never get rid of LP15s, I’ve made my piece with them. They do what I ask, have a great printer, and are heavy as the worst of sins. Oh and half our clocks won’t stay reset which is a problem synching data and wiring reports.

I want the Zoll X (have them at AMR). With the exception of the printer I love them. Can’t believe no one else offers the ability to monitor a rhythm through CPR, this seems like a huge deal to me but no one seems to care.

johnrsemt

Forum Deputy Chief
I work with Lifepak 15 at full time job, and old job.
I like them, they are laid out nice, and printer is great. The 2 batteries plus the warning that the 2nd battery is getting low is a great feature.

I work with Zolls at part time job.
Printer is in the side storage compartment of the bag, spits out the top, but very hard to change paper on it.
The one battery is a pain. I only ran it dead 1 time (we try to keep them plugged in, while in the truck, but my partner missed it); it just turned off, while pacing the patient, no warning no nothing

NomadicMedic

Everyone complains about the Zoll X series printer. How often are you printing? I occasionally printed a 12 lead if I needed to see something up close, but that was rare. Everything else just imported to ESO.

I love the X series and greatly dislike the LP15, but my current service is all about them and there are bigger hills to die on

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
Everyone complains about the Zoll X series printer. How often are you printing? I occasionally printed a 12 lead if I needed to see something up close, but that was rare. Everything else just imported to ESO.

I love the X series and greatly dislike the LP15, but my current service is all about them and there are bigger hills to die on
At my ground service all 12-leads are printed out interpretation by the medic and the vast majority of the 12-leads are given to the ED physician where it gets reviewed again during transfer of care.