sunglasses

emtbill

Forum Crew Member
ray-ban_h.jpg

I love wearing these with my jumpsuit...I feel like I being in Top Gun. :p

EMS49393

Forum Captain
I work nights. Sunlight is one of my natural enemies. If I absolutely HAVE to be up when it's light out, I prefer cheap sunglasses after having my $150 Raybans jacked from the ambulance while I was at work. Some people just suck.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Went out and bought a pair of new sunglasses for 12.99 at walmart. After going to the mall for some food and seeing pairs there for upwards of 300$....yea right.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Went out and bought a pair of new sunglasses for 12.99 at walmart. After going to the mall for some food and seeing pairs there for upwards of 300$....yea right.

Promise ya my $100 pair of sunglasses will outlast your walmart ones ;)

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Promise ya my $100 pair of sunglasses will outlast your walmart ones ;)

That's one of the good things :D I've spent less after the 4 years of owning my Oakleys than I would have in buying pair after pair of cheap glasses

Sasha

Forum Chief
That's one of the good things :D I've spent less after the 4 years of owning my Oakleys than I would have in buying pair after pair of cheap glasses

Oh yeah. No one can understand "spending that much money" but it's less money in the long run. I buy a 1 pair of $100 sunglasses... It lasts me a couple years, as oppose to replacing the $13 sunglasses every couple months!

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Spy Helio's... they're bad ***... have lasted a long time and are pretty durable... needs the lanyard though to keep them on when I'm working... they tend to slip.

wvditchdoc

Forum Crew Member
Oakley Flack Jackets XLJ

usstandardissue.com can get you Oakleys for about half price.

71069918-300x300-0-0_Oakley+Oakley+Flak+Jacket+XLJ+Brown+smoke+Bronze+a.jpg

medic417

The Truth Provider
Gotta be mirrors so the patients don't know where you are looking. Or so they can examine themselves.

AS572.html

emt_angel25

Forum Lieutenant
I know it may be a cultural thing, but i think it is the hight of rudness to wear sunglasses while engaging with a pt.

uh but driving/riding. or those MVAs where its so bright out you cant see :censored::censored::censored::censored:. thats when i wear mine i dont walk into a house with the bad boys on. lol
i take that back once but i didnt want my pt to recognize me. LMAO

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
Lies, I won't buy 10 pairs of sunglasses a year, I had my last pair for just under a year.

imurphy

Forum Captain
I dont know if you know of this, but EMT's get discounts on Oakley sunglasses. You just have to register on http://www.usstandardissue.com/ and send in a copy of your EMT licence.

The discount is substantial.... :)

Luno

OG
Premium Member
I wear a pair of Native Silencers, have worn the same pair almost exclusively for 5 years. Extremely light weight, 4 sets of lenses, polarized and mirrored. Unbeatable warrantee, and they just might extend you a proform if you ask.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
I dont know if you know of this, but EMT's get discounts on Oakley sunglasses. You just have to register on http://www.usstandardissue.com/ and send in a copy of your EMT licence.

The discount is substantial.... :)

They way their FAQ sounds like that only govt EMTs/Medics get the discount. It doesn't sound like people who work private service would get it.

imurphy

Forum Captain
Nope. We do. I had my account approved and I work private.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
Nope. We do. I had my account approved and I work private.

Hmmm I'll send em an email and see what they say. I might be SOL either way because I work in hospital.

Dominion

Forum Asst. Chief
I have to wait for my pay stub to come in and I'm going to sign up, I have my eyes set on a pair and if the price is right I'll probably get them. I hate to spend that much on something like this but I like a good discount ;)

Akulahawk

EMT-P/ED RN
Community Leader
I can attest to the US Standard Issue prices being MUCH lower than the retail price. However, you're NOT supposed to resell the merchandise that you do get. There are glasses and other items you do get through that site that you can NOT find in any retail store.
ma I I