Stryker Power Load System

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I'm with you on the LBS, that thing is heavy and we do not have it on a powered cot, so it takes four people to get someone into the truck usually. Even lifting it empty, you can tell that there is a fair amount of added weight. We call it the wheelbarrow.
We're a designated bari truck so we're supposed to leave it on at all times. My partner and I pretty much double lift everything.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
We're a designated bari truck so we're supposed to leave it on at all times. My partner and I pretty much double lift everything.

I wouldn't mind the thing if it was on a power stretcher, but it's on a regular proflex so we need a third person to lift the wheels into the truck, which means we end up with four. The LBS only fits in AEV trucks, I will beg and barter with dispatch to not take one of those trucks unless I know my partner and trust his lifting ability.

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
We use Stair Chairs, and Power Pros. Since our system has gone completely to this we have not had one back injury. Prior to that OJI(relating to backs) were costing approx 60-65k a year per person who filed, and we had amybe 3-4 file a year? The stretchers and Stair chairs have paid for themselves. And when stryker finally releases their now system that reaches out a claw and picks up the stretcher for you we will also go to that, or so I have heard.

The Power pro is heavier, but with all the hands on scene there is no reason one person should lift by themselves, therefore the weight does not matter. Also, we never have to carry them up or down any sufficient amount of steps because we carry Stair Chairs and Scoop Stretchers that work wonders at getting someone out of a place that has stairs.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
We use Stair Chairs, and Power Pros. Since our system has gone completely to this we have not had one back injury. Prior to that OJI(relating to backs) were costing approx 60-65k a year per person who filed, and we had amybe 3-4 file a year? The stretchers and Stair chairs have paid for themselves. And when stryker finally releases their now system that reaches out a claw and picks up the stretcher for you we will also go to that, or so I have heard.

The Power pro is heavier, but with all the hands on scene there is no reason one person should lift by themselves, therefore the weight does not matter. Also, we never have to carry them up or down any sufficient amount of steps because we carry Stair Chairs and Scoop Stretchers that work wonders at getting someone out of a place that has stairs.

We are supposed to have all of our units changed out to the power pros by the end of this year. I honestly don't see that happening.

And we are also supposed to be getting the stair chairs put in every ambulance. The problem is no one can figure out where we could place them in our small type 2 ambulances. So for right now we only have 1 stair chair and that is in the supervisors truck (so basically the stair chair has never been used)

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I don't know what I'm missing but our power strykers aren't that heavy...maybe I'm just used to them but I'll let the stretcher do the lift for me, I'm a little dude.

We carry a spare battery but usually the original will go the entire shift unless we are really busy.

I have no desire to carry extra weight in and out of houses all day. If I can't lift the patient, I have police on scene to give us a hand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sasha

Forum Chief
Not even twice as much.

Stryker Power-Pro XT: 125lbs
Stryker MX-Pro: 81lbs

Ferno PowerFlexx: 133lbs
Ferno ProFlexx 35X: 92lbs

The power cots weigh more to be sure, but not a tremendous amount more (especially the Fernos).

I'm with you on the LBS, that thing is heavy and we do not have it on a powered cot, so it takes four people to get someone into the truck usually. Even lifting it empty, you can tell that there is a fair amount of added weight. We call it the wheelbarrow.

I know before we got the power strykers we had some rinky dink little metal ferno that was around 70lbs.

When we weigh our strykers without the patient on dialysis calls they're about 140lb. Granted that's with the battery, some stuff on the back, and the O2 tank... but those are all on it when we lift the stretcher anyway.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
I know before we got the power strykers we had some rinky dink little metal ferno that was around 70lbs.

When we weigh our strykers without the patient on dialysis calls they're about 140lb. Granted that's with the battery, some stuff on the back, and the O2 tank... but those are all on it when we lift the stretcher anyway.

Do you two man lift them? It would seem that if you have two people lifting, the stretcher then weighs less than 70 pounds, and you save yourself having to lift anything from ground level to load height.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Do you two man lift them? It would seem that if you have two people lifting, the stretcher then weighs less than 70 pounds, and you save yourself having to lift anything from ground level to load height.

The amount of people lifting doesn't alter the weight of the stretcher. It's 70lbs. Is it easier to.lift sure... But 70lbs is 70lbs.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
This was developed at the request of the company I work for (Hint: The big bad private that everyone hates). I got to see this in action from the Stryker rep when we rolled out the power cots. They are pretty BA but even though we requested it, I highly doubt we ever get them

socalmedic

Mediocre at best
This was developed at the request of the company I work for (Hint: The big bad private that everyone hates). I got to see this in action from the Stryker rep when we rolled out the power cots. They are pretty BA but even though we requested it, I highly doubt we ever get them

do you even read the company news letters? they are almost 2 years ahead of schedule in implementing them, scheduled completion date was end of 2013. stryker cant just ship 9,000 cots all willie nillie.

rmabrey

Forum Asst. Chief
do you even read the company news letters? they are almost 2 years ahead of schedule in implementing them, scheduled completion date was end of 2013. stryker cant just ship 9,000 cots all willie nillie.

Yes I know they are ahead of schedule with the cots. Im talking about the power load system.