Stryker Power Load System

Fish

Forum Deputy Chief
With the power stretchers why not two man load every patient?

Sent from my electronic overbearing life controller

We do, there is no reason for 1 person to do all the lifting with the 105 plus helping hands on scene.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
So there's a rumor we might end up with these in all our new units since we are replacing the fleet.

Who knows though.

Trauma_Junkie

No rest for the wicked...
A representative from Stryker came out to the school today to show us this system. It was interesting. My medic class couldn't get to it for the EMT students but it was still informative. :cool:

Technology is great...when it works.

traumaluv2011

Forum Lieutenant
The only thing I want to see is this manual override. Other than that, I'm sold. I understand this wouldn't run on battery power, but our strykers have issues with the battery dying all the time.

Also, on our crew of volunteers, there are only so many people that are able to lift pt's. We have quite a few female EMTs and they often don't come out to calls because they can't do much. Most of them don't want to drive and they can't lift. Maybe if my squad gets one of these we'll see a better turnout on calls.

attnondeck

Forum Probie
got it!

our company has one for our rig! gotta love the power cot!!!! makes things much easier for those 300+ pounders!

our justification for buying this is that many of the day calls that come in, we only get a driver and an emt. and it makes it alot easier for them to lift them. also many of our members are older and cant lift as well...

Last edited by a moderator:

attnondeck

Forum Probie
The only thing I want to see is this manual override. Other than that, I'm sold. I understand this wouldn't run on battery power, but our strykers have issues with the battery dying all the time.

Also, on our crew of volunteers, there are only so many people that are able to lift pt's. We have quite a few female EMTs and they often don't come out to calls because they can't do much. Most of them don't want to drive and they can't lift. Maybe if my squad gets one of these we'll see a better turnout on calls.

it does have a manual override lever just like the manual cots. the battery gives a blinking red warning light when you should change the battery. i have never ran into a problem with it yet. it has a feature that if you are parked on uneven ground and the back of the rig is higher then normal. you press and hold the plus button and it creeps up another 4 to 6 inches.

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
I'll take the manual stretchers, unless they can make the power cot weigh as much as a manual.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I'll take the manual stretchers, unless they can make the power cot weigh as much as a manual.

I don't know what I'm missing but our power strykers aren't that heavy...maybe I'm just used to them but I'll let the stretcher do the lift for me, I'm a little dude.

We carry a spare battery but usually the original will go the entire shift unless we are really busy.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
I don't know what I'm missing but our power strykers aren't that heavy...maybe I'm just used to them but I'll let the stretcher do the lift for me, I'm a little dude.

We carry a spare battery but usually the original will go the entire shift unless we are really busy.

Agree, I never found the Stryker power cots to be prohibitively heavy.

Now the Ferno power cot with the LBS attachment on the other hand...

Sasha

Forum Chief

While the power stretchers weigh twice as much as the manual, it isn't necessary for anyone to lift the carriage so both of the crew can lift it (I call it going halfsies.). It kind of negates the extra weight. It also is lowered and raised at the push of the bottom rather than stressing your back.

Sasha

Forum Chief
Agree, I never found the Stryker power cots to be prohibitively heavy.

Now the Ferno power cot with the LBS attachment on the other hand...

The "wings"?

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Made worse in our case by a nearly four foot loading height :eek:.

Sasha

Forum Chief
I honestly love our power stretchers.. Only exception is going up and down into trailers. I hate those three steps.

Handsome Robb

Youngin'
Premium Member
I honestly love our power stretchers.. Only exception is going up and down into trailers. I hate those three steps.

6252.gif

;)

I know, I'm spoiled.

usalsfyre

You have my stapler
Nope, won't work. Then they don't qualify for stretcher necessity :D.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
While the power stretchers weigh twice as much as the manual, it isn't necessary for anyone to lift the carriage so both of the crew can lift it (I call it going halfsies.). It kind of negates the extra weight. It also is lowered and raised at the push of the bottom rather than stressing your back.

Not even twice as much.

Stryker Power-Pro XT: 125lbs
Stryker MX-Pro: 81lbs

Ferno PowerFlexx: 133lbs
Ferno ProFlexx 35X: 92lbs

The power cots weigh more to be sure, but not a tremendous amount more (especially the Fernos).

I'm with you on the LBS, that thing is heavy and we do not have it on a powered cot, so it takes four people to get someone into the truck usually. Even lifting it empty, you can tell that there is a fair amount of added weight. We call it the wheelbarrow.

Tigger

Dodges Pucks
Community Leader
Nope, won't work. Then they don't qualify for stretcher necessity :D.

Least favorite part of my job, transporting people to dialysis/appointments that can walk, but can't walk down 3 flights of windy stairs. It's ok ma'am, you don't need to move, we'll carry you up and down 3 times a week! How they are able to come up with a stretcher necessity is beyond me, but without a stairchair these people would certainly never make it out of the house.