Saved on TNT

rescuecpt

Community Leader Emeritus
Saved

So, who else saw it, what did you think?

I think I liked it, I'm going to watch it again later today when my medic gets home (he didn't see it last night).

I'm very interested to see future episodes, because it seems like they had a lot of the "good situations" in the first episode. I just wonder how they'll keep interest in the future.

rdkl

Forum Crew Member
My wife and I watched it last night. So far we plan to keep watching it. (its in the Tivo to record automatically) I'll need to see a couple more episodes to see if we are going to stay interested.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
I saw it. I think I liked it. I'll have to watch it some more to really decide.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I missed it... twice. I need Tivo.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I missed it... I'm in night school all week for work, and have no life until Sunday Evening.

Guardian

Forum Asst. Chief
Saved

anyone like the new tnt show saved?

I didn't like the fact that he wore his own t-shirt, I didn't like that he had sex with his girlfriend in the back of the ambulance (although i probably would have done the same thing lol), overall the show is about a 5/10 scale in my opinion

MMiz Edit: Threads Merged.

MedicPrincess

Forum Deputy Chief
Whats "Saved"

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
EMTPrincess said:
Whats "Saved"

A new series TNT came out with about a paramedics. They just aired the first show last week so it's too early to tell if it's good or not.

Yeah thier uniforms got me too, we have very strict rules about our attire. If I showed up at work like that I would have been sent home. And since when do we talk like that over the radio? I've never had the dispatcher tell me the address that clearly either. Everything we say is "medic..this" and "Control...that"

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

As far as the radios, it's probably so that lay-people can understand it and don't get bored... also, every place has their own protocols, so no matter what they say it won't sound like what you're used to...

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
rescuecpt said:
As far as the radios, it's probably so that lay-people can understand it and don't get bored... also, every place has their own protocols, so no matter what they say it won't sound like what you're used to...

I know I'm just being picky...:p I didn't think about the radio talk for lay people though. Damn I'm full of brain farts tonight.

disassociative

Forum Captain

lol. I was just abt to ask the same question; I'm watching it now.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Wingnut said:
I know I'm just being picky...:p I didn't think about the radio talk for lay people though. Damn I'm full of brain farts tonight.

Must be the same reason he wasn't wearing gloves when he delivered the baby.

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
ffemt8978 said:
Must be the same reason he wasn't wearing gloves when he delivered the baby.

That had to be the cleanest baby delivery I've ever seen, even delivering kittens is more messy than that!

RebelRescue

Forum Probie
I watched it,thought it was ok.It wasn't very realistic thou.............along with everything else mentioned above I noticed them bagging a pt while he was sitting up!I'll tune in a few more times and give it a chance but they really need to get some input from a real medic.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

RebelRescue said:
I watched it,thought it was ok.It wasn't very realistic thou.............along with everything else mentioned above I noticed them bagging a pt while he was sitting up!I'll tune in a few more times and give it a chance but they really need to get some input from a real medic.

You've never bagged a patient sitting up? It happens, not a lot, but it does - we bag conscious patients when they need help with their rate and we can't control it another way, and a lot of times respiratory patients are sitting up because that's more comfortable for them.

RebelRescue

Forum Probie
rescuecpt said:
You've never bagged a patient sitting up? It happens, not a lot, but it does - we bag conscious patients when they need help with their rate and we can't control it another way, and a lot of times respiratory patients are sitting up because that's more comfortable for them.

Well yea concious pts but this one was unresponsive with his head tilted down,no way he was doing any good with that bvm.Sorry should have made it clear in the post.

joemt

Forum Lieutenant
I caught the encore presentation last night... well part of it anyway... the inaccuracies don't bother me much, after all this IS TV.... what made me crazy was the way that it was shot.... I got about half of the way through it and then had to turn it off.

I think it's interesting that we've been complaining for quite some time that we never get any attention... then the TV gods smile down on us and give us a prime time show like saved, and we are STILL complaining. Is it realistic to what we do on the streets.. nope, thank GOD, because how many Nursing Home Transfers, etc do you think you could watch and be entertained? Are they going to use the appropriate skills and techniques every time? Nope, because... (I know this may surprise you) they're not REAL Paramedics.. they're actors who have likely never even taken so much as a basic first aid course....

Take it for what it is..... it's a DRAMA on Television..none of them are ever accurate... do you believe Everything that you see on CSI?

OP
OP
rescuecpt

rescuecpt

joemt said:
Are they going to use the appropriate skills and techniques every time? Nope, because... (I know this may surprise you) they're not REAL Paramedics.. they're actors who have likely never even taken so much as a basic first aid course....

Hahaha, funny thing is, a lot of REAL Paramedics don't use the appropriate skills and techniques every time... why not? Because they're human. Now if we could perfect robot paramedics, then maybe, just maybe... hehehe

Wingnut

EMS Junkie
joemt said:
I caught the encore presentation last night... well part of it anyway... the inaccuracies don't bother me much, after all this IS TV.... what made me crazy was the way that it was shot.... I got about half of the way through it and then had to turn it off.

I think it's interesting that we've been complaining for quite some time that we never get any attention... then the TV gods smile down on us and give us a prime time show like saved, and we are STILL complaining. Is it realistic to what we do on the streets.. nope, thank GOD, because how many Nursing Home Transfers, etc do you think you could watch and be entertained? Are they going to use the appropriate skills and techniques every time? Nope, because... (I know this may surprise you) they're not REAL Paramedics.. they're actors who have likely never even taken so much as a basic first aid course....

Take it for what it is..... it's a DRAMA on Television..none of them are ever accurate... do you believe Everything that you see on CSI?

It's all in good fun, I think everyone realizes it's not going to be perfect or even most accurate, but there's a bit of fun in picking at the inaccuracies of the show. Ever watch COPS with a bunch of cops in the room? Or ER with a group of nurses. OMG it's hilarious.

GaEMT

Forum Crew Member
We wonder why we have problems in our industry

I just watched the first 10 minutes and I am absolutely mortified. We as an industry already have a severe image problem and this garbage has done wonders to enhance it Wearing t-shirts with no work related meaning unshaven hitting his drunk partner with drugs and fluid My god It will take a while to recover from this This is horrible I mean itis bad enough to have to overcome the image problem in our communities Then an nrealistic show like this comes along I cannot believe this