Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweety

Forum Crew Member
Hi'ya Travis

Did you go to the brunch last week at the US?

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
Embassy brunch

My roommate and I had tickets, but unfortunately we were unable to attend.

We had to work the Janadriyah festival and we could not get a day off. Oh well, I will go next month if I don't have any schedule conflicts.

Did you make it to the Friday Easter church service at the SA Embassy? I was going to go to that also, but again, Janadriyah.

As nice as that festival was, I am glad it is finished! It was wreaking havoc on my social calendar!

Sweety

Forum Crew Member
Your up late Travis. The brunch was pretty good. I knw the feeling about work getting in the way of a good time:rolleyes: Take care try and catch up next month

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
On an unrelated note, I had been thinking about this for a little bit, and I was wondering if anyone else thought it would be of benefit.

Does anyone think having a thread for spouses of people applying for SRCA would be worthwhile? I am sure the wives have a bunch of questions not related to the hiring process, and it might be nice for them to have a thread to communicate and have a support system for when / if they arrive in country...

Anyway, just a thought...(best Linda Richmond "Coffee Talk" impersonation) Discuss it amongst yourselves....

A.Wolkens

Forum Ride Along
hello again

sorry i havent replied to anyone but i have been living at the compound without internet until a few days ago. The cost to get your things stamped at the U.S. embassy is 30 dollars per document and it only takes a few minutes actually and i'm not on the road yet. im waiting for my residency then i will be ready.

Judy

Forum Ride Along
On an unrelated note, I had been thinking about this for a little bit, and I was wondering if anyone else thought it would be of benefit.

Does anyone think having a thread for spouses of people applying for SRCA would be worthwhile? I am sure the wives have a bunch of questions not related to the hiring process, and it might be nice for them to have a thread to communicate and have a support system for when / if they arrive in country...

Anyway, just a thought...(best Linda Richmond "Coffee Talk" impersonation) Discuss it amongst yourselves....

Hi Travis
I think this is a good idea.
Judy

rhousewa

Forum Probie
Safety Questions

Thank you all for your concerns but their are currently no new safety issues or danger to expats over here. If you have questions take Travis's advice...

"For those of you in the SRCA process, keep in mind that SRCA and Action Aviation are two completely separate companies.

Any questions regarding the status of Action Aviation need to be directed to Action Aviation.

Any questions regarding the status of SRCA need to be directed to your handler with SRCA if you have been assigned one, and if you have not been assigned one, you may email the general e mail address on the emssaudiarabia.com website."

Good luck in your process. Jeff

NJFLGHTMDC

Forum Crew Member
Yes they were left to basically fend for themselves, and the hotel increased patrols to make sure they didn't leave, and possibly the passports were flagged by saudi immigration so they cant leave the country

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
All those saying that Action Aviation and The Saudi Red Crescent Authority are two entirely separate entities may be technically correct, but in reality they worked very closely to recruit both ground and air personnel. Some people who visited our community applied with both agencies, with the idea of going with whichever one responded first.

The fact that the Saudi Red Crescent Authority and Action Aviation are allegedly having issues and have a strained business relationship doesn't reflect well on either party. I would certainly be cautious about proceeding at this point.

celts

Forum Probie
Srca be warned

SRCA have acted in an totally unethical and hostile way to the Action Aviation Medics stuck in the crossfire between the 2 companies. With what has been happening who on earth in their right minds would want to work for such a organization lacking in ethics and morals when it comes to recruitment, HR and EMS??? Anybody considering making such a substantial life changing move to work for SRCA be warned and go into this with your eyes wide open. SRCA have a terrible reputation for not paying their bills, deception practices and altering contracts once you are in country. Sure you may be lucky and not have any issues but are you willing to move 1/2 way across the world for such as organization that behaves in a manner like this. And yes the Saudi Air Ambulance team was to be managed with minimal designation between SRC employees and Action Aviation. All the one team. To say anything to the contrary is deceptive. Ohh and actually the money on offer really is not that great for the hoops you have to jump through.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
I wish everyone the best of luck...but think about this...there is an entire group of medical people who have been contracting for years and years. We jump from one place to the next for money, adventure, change of pace...you name it.

Does anyone wonder why "career contractors" are not all over this job? Does anyone wonder why the majority of the staff are people new to overseas contracting?

Sweety

Forum Crew Member
It is such a shame. Hospital staff dont call them dead crescents for no reason. Some of the gals were chatting today in the lunch room about all the guys that they have met who have left because of the activities in the organization.

Such a shame as the community will suffer because of the actions of few, who no doubt are looking after their own interests or were given positions because of the old 'wasta'.

I wonder what the International Red Cross Red Crescent Federation would say if they knew how poorly the Saudi service operated.

Good luck guys

NJFLGHTMDC

Forum Crew Member
Well said, Sweety Mimz, AK. This was my first contract job, and career contractors stated they never saw a company, and organization ran this way.
Some contractor Pilots said that some of their buddies would never work in Saudi Arabia, because well its Saudi Arabia. The management left several medics to fend for themselves, and then due to activities done by action the Red Crescent held them at the Hotel and held the individuals responsible for their hotel, and services bill. Some were excess of 28000. When the going got tough the fearless leaders ran for the boarder without telling a group of people that depended on them for guidance.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
SRCA have acted in an totally unethical and hostile way to the Action Aviation Medics stuck in the crossfire between the 2 companies. With what has been happening who on earth in their right minds would want to work for such a organization lacking in ethics and morals when it comes to recruitment, HR and EMS??? Anybody considering making such a substantial life changing move to work for SRCA be warned and go into this with your eyes wide open. SRCA have a terrible reputation for not paying their bills, deception practices and altering contracts once you are in country. Sure you may be lucky and not have any issues but are you willing to move 1/2 way across the world for such as organization that behaves in a manner like this. And yes the Saudi Air Ambulance team was to be managed with minimal designation between SRC employees and Action Aviation. All the one team. To say anything to the contrary is deceptive. Ohh and actually the money on offer really is not that great for the hoops you have to jump through.
Hmmm...

Anyone from SRCA wish to clarify some of these issues?

A little concerning when someone like myself has completed all the Prelim paperwork and is waiting for an interview and job offer.

Sweety

Forum Crew Member
Best to ask people within the Srca, where is ameriki and husband that work on the ground? They posted early in the piece and have been quite lately. They may be able to shed some light. You could always call the trade section of your embassy for information.

celts

Forum Probie
Best to ask people within the Srca, where is ameriki and husband that work on the ground? They posted early in the piece and have been quite lately. They may be able to shed some light. You could always call the trade section of your embassy for information.

Do you guys believe that anybody from the SRCA are going to post anything negative??? In light of recent events!!! Especially if their identities are known. Embassies do not really care unless it is something that makes headlines or is a threat to their national interests.

I am sure there are some positive stories to tell but its a big move to make unless you are 100% sure.

rhousewa

Forum Probie
Srca

As I have read these past 68 pages of posts I have not commented publically very often and have shared some PMs with people who have asked. However I find myself concerned when I read statements like, "And yes the Saudi Air Ambulance team was to be managed with minimal designation between SRC employees and Action Aviation. All the one team. To say anything to the contrary is deceptive. Ohh and actually the money on offer really is not that great for the hoops you have to jump through." Who signed the Action employee's checks? I don't believe it was SRCA and if the offer was so bad why did people jump through the hoops? As far as, "Does anyone wonder why "career contractors" are not all over this job? Does anyone wonder why the majority of the staff are people new to overseas contracting?" There are medics here from Germany, UK, Africa, Astailia, and US, many with multiple years of International experience so if you have an opinion why not try to keep your posts accurate. Of all the posts condemning SRCA, how many of them are written by people who have worked for SRCA and have firsthand knowledge of SRCA??? "Do you guys believe that anybody from the SRCA are going to post anything negative???" Maybe the people working for SRCA aren’t making negative posts because they don't have anything negative to say. By the way, I have seen posts from 5 different SRCA employees which are in country in the last 4 pages of this thread. We have the opportunity to talk and we have been saying what we think needs to be said. Respectfully, Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.