Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

txredneckmedicmedic

Forum Ride Along
NW....I have thought about it but really need to talk with someone that is there already and has a family. Too many questions needing answers and I dont want to get the familys hopes up or piss off anyone else in our familys.

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Family in Riyadh

NW....I have thought about it but really need to talk with someone that is there already and has a family. Too many questions needing answers and I dont want to get the familys hopes up or piss off anyone else in our familys.

So far there is only one family there. One of the guys that is there, his family will be joining him the middle of April. And myself and children will be meeting my husband there the end of May.

Last edited by a moderator:

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Family in Riyadh

So far there is only one family there. One of the guys that is there, his family will be joining him the middle of April. And myself and children will be meeting my husband there the end of May.

Christy Elkins

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
Anyone who has gone through the process. Did you have to get your certificates of employment, high school diploma, paramedic diploma and paramedic transcripts stamped by the Saudi Embassy. The Saudi Health Council requires the documentations to be stamped by the Saudi Embassy.

The Saudi embassy did not stamp my certificates of employment, my high school diploma, or my paramedic transcript's (They did stamp my Paramedic degree Itself). But how were they still able to issue my Visa? I'm really confused by this? Who do I contact at the Saudi Embassy? The closest Saudi Embassy to me is in Los Angles, California almost 16 hours away. Can I have my US embassy in Portland Oregon, Stamp my documents? Any help would be appreciated.

A.Wolkens

Forum Ride Along
gone through the process.

I came to KSA without my highschool dip., certificate of employment, and national registry document "unstamped" and its not a problem. The SRCA will just send you to the U.S. embassy to get them stamped there. if anyone has any other questions, just ask.

bmc911

Forum Probie
wolkens.... how long have you been over there?
you on the road yet?
there has been curiosity and questions about protocols, meds, equipment, etc. that i dont believe anyone has elaborated on yet.

im waiting on my visa now.

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
Ok, I got a call from the SRCA this morning. You can get your documents stamped here in the US, by the Saudi Consulate. It just takes time, I.E sending off your paperwork to DC etc. Or they will fly you over, and they will send you to the US consulate in Riyadh. The plus side is in Riyadh, it takes approx 24 hrs. to get your documents returned, but the price is a little more expensive, then having the Saudi Consulate do it here. A.Wolkens, do you remember what the cost was to get your paperwork stamped at the US consulate? You can PM me. Thanks for the help.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
you on the road yet?
there has been curiosity and questions about protocols, meds, equipment, etc. that i dont believe anyone has elaborated on yet.

I agree and this has my curiosity peeked as well. Multiple people have asked different people already there and none respond.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
I agree and this has my curiosity peeked as well. Multiple people have asked different people already there and none respond.
Your right, this question has been asked many times on this blog with no clear answer. I do remember reading somewhere, from somebody, I a have been reading so many blogs I don't remember, that the protocols have just been produced and was available by .pdf. So it sounds like these basic things we take for granted are still in development over there.

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Visa

Finally have my visa in hand. Just emailed scanned copies to SRCA for travel arrangements. Looking like I may finally be getting close.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Finally have my visa in hand. Just emailed scanned copies to SRCA for travel arrangements. Looking like I may finally be getting close.
Congrats! Let us know when you leave.

bmc911

Forum Probie
rock-on..........hopefully see ya soon

my 2 brain cells are stirring up a memory....hold on.......think ive got it.........oh yah, i emailed someone from the SRCA a while ago asking for protocols to start reviewing and was told he would send me the protocols as soon as they are available. i do also remember hearing they were being worked on.

still the question remains, while the protocols are being worked on what are medics actually using as far as meds and treatments now. i mean, are they BLS flycars, ACLS meds only, ECGs?????
dont get me wrong, im looking forward to getting over there and working, i dont care if im playing the meat wagon attendant role.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
I am right behind you guys( I hope )

Does anyone know if I can attach a note with payment along with my visa paper work when I send it in to have them stamp everything needed? It sounds like the guy in DC who stamps the 1 item with your work visa could stamp all the items you need if you told him to and paid him. Maybe Ill just call and ask and let everyone know

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
I was told by the Saudi Embassy in DC that the high school diploma (as all education related documents) has to be stamped by another entity; some sort of cultural/education office. When my e-mail was replied to from SRC HR, it indicated I had the option to bring the documents to Saudi and have the US Embassy stamp them there...thinking thats what I'm gonna do...

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
Yes, you can get your things stamped at the US Embassy in Riyadh. Only problem is it's Like 30.00 US per page. So the downside is it's more expensive. The plus side is you get them back with in 24hrs. So quick turn around.

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
rock-on..........hopefully see ya soon

my 2 brain cells are stirring up a memory....hold on.......think ive got it.........oh yah, i emailed someone from the SRCA a while ago asking for protocols to start reviewing and was told he would send me the protocols as soon as they are available. i do also remember hearing they were being worked on.

still the question remains, while the protocols are being worked on what are medics actually using as far as meds and treatments now. i mean, are they BLS flycars, ACLS meds only, ECGs?????
dont get me wrong, im looking forward to getting over there and working, i dont care if im playing the meat wagon attendant role.

Jay said they have LP 12's, EZ IO, and most of the meds but some are coming in slow. However that was only for th flight side...

I have herd the ground units are having a difficult time acquiring a lot of ALS equipment and meds. I have asked this question several times and no one has ever replied with any answer. What meds are available and being used, are 12 leads being used on the ground? ect ect

PS: Travis has a good blog, but this guy also has a good blog I follow http://rawinsaudi.blogspot.com/ He is on the flight side of things and got there after Travis for those who are new to this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
Hey this is to anyone living over there right now. Does anyone know what kind of facilities they have over there for working out? Travis had mentioned a pool that was getting fixed. Any free weights, Tread Mill's, Bike's?? I have been training for a Sprint Course Triathlon over the last six months. So I would like to keep up working out. Also is anyone in the new compound yet? They had mentioned that some people were in temporary housing. Anyone in perminate housing yet?

Tony Muir

Forum Ride Along
The current compound is basic but functional. If you are single, you will share in a 2/3 bedroom cojoined apartment. Once you have completed the recruitment process and signed your contracts, you may be given the option to move to the Olaya House Hotel or to take your housing allowance and fend for yourself.

If you are bringing your wife/family you will be accommodated in your own 2/3bedroom cojoined apartment. Once your contract is signed you have the same options as above, although your hotel option includes adjoining rooms dependent on the size of your family.

The hotel option includes breakfast to SR30 and Dinner to 70SR daily.

The current compound is old, however issues such as cleanliness, water pressure and sanitation either have been, or currently are being addressed.

There is no current status available on a new/permanent compound.

Sweety

Forum Crew Member
Hi 'yall

Compound availability in Riyadh is very poor with most havin 12-18 month waiting lists. There are lists on the net with numbers call and confirm this. I feel for you new red crescent guys, your situation doesnt look good:unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.