Saudi Red Crescent Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

S_Steingrobe

Forum Probie
Hey,

have spoken with Jay like you and will be waiting for some new Information from him. He will contact me/you ;) later and tell us whats going on probably.
Whatever, its the arabic way of life. ^^

Crossing fingers....

Take Care.

Sasha

Last edited by a moderator:

Hoppymedic

Forum Crew Member
Just to make the same point again.. I was in the process with AA (Jay) and when he got back in country he mailed me and told me that they were not hiring flight medics any more for me to go through SRCA so when i mailed my stuff into them they got back with me right away.. and abotu a week later is when all this info started coming in... so knowing where i stand would be a great thing.. take care guys gl

medic75

Forum Ride Along
Newcomer

HI everybody,
I applied yesterday to srca online & got the file number.
Can anybody tell me when I should expect communication of any sort from them.

Thanks & Regards

S_Steingrobe

Forum Probie
Hey,
have done same way.
I got one day after the apply the file number and one day after this, the information about the paperwork they need.
So i sent them all my papers....(if its more than 4 MB put it into different mails, so I have done. The mail came back because it was 14MB big, so their server will not accept it).
...and one day later i got the confirmation that they got all my stuff.

Now I am waiting....we will see.
Havent got any reply from Jay back yet, so I am waiting in this case although....

Take Care,

Sasha

medic75

Forum Ride Along
Dear Sasha,

Thanks for your reply, I got the file number yesterday, waiting for next,
Hoping for the good, All the best to you,

Regards

strattamatter

Forum Ride Along
HI everybody,
I applied yesterday to srca online & got the file number.
Can anybody tell me when I should expect communication of any sort from them.

Thanks & Regards

Medic75-
If you don't hear from them in a day or two, resend your application. I waited over a month after I got my file number. After not hearing anything, and several emails later I decided to resend my application. I heard back the next day. Since then, communication has been swift I've never waited more than 24 hours for a reply. Good luck.

OP
OP
WTEngel

WTEngel

M.Sc., OMS-I
Premium Member
The quote above...

The quote from above is actually a question I quoted from another poster, who claimed that the SRCA made changes to people's contracts on arrival. The poster also claimed to work for a company in Saudi already.

Anyway, I can definitively say that if you bring all of the proper documentation with you and all of your claims of experience are true and can be proven, your contract will be identical to what was outlined in your official job offer. I have only seen them change one contract since I have been here, and that was in order to give the employee MORE money, so it was in the employee's favor.

SRCA is a good company to work for and they have done me right so far. I would encourage anyone who has the opportunity to come over with SRCA to take advantage of it.

TE

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Salary Range

WT,

This salary range came to me after I asked what the salary range was. This was subsequent to my online application. I have not received a job offer as I am just starting the process of securing all the required info. The past employer thing is going to be my biggest hurdle as I have at least 10 employers over the last 20 years to contact. I was very pleased that they offered to divulge their salary range. Frankly I was not prepared to put in the months of paperwork before I knew what the salary range was. If they accept my 20 years of experience I should receive there top step wage. Hey one question. I have three kids and a wife, what are the accomodations going to be like for them?

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
Hey NW, good to see another Oregon Medic on here. I just completed all the paperwork. My Visa was approved and I should hopefully have it in my position by next Wed or Thursday. It took sometime for my Visa to process because of the degree were required to have here in Oregon (And the crazy snow storm in DC). The consulate was having problems because the other Medics they processed only had certificates. So I got it eventually worked out. So hopefully it should be easier for you. I also have a wife and three children, my wife and I have been doing extensive research on life over there for family's. What we have found is that it's very positive, life on the compounds are really nice. They have children's and lady's groups for your wife. The US embassy has functions, and the Saudi American School there is top notch, your kids will get a much better education there then in the states(You know how bad Oregon public schools are). Here's the web site: http://www.aisr.org Unfortunly because of the housing thing right now in Southern Oregon my wife and kids are going to stay here for the first year and try and sell our house. I'm really thinking of making this a career and after the first year my wife and family will hopefully follow me over. Travis is right everyone I have dealt with at the SRCA and the Visa handlers have been really great and helpful. I can't wait to get my travel dates and get over there. If you have any problems or questions about the process just PM me. I'll actually be in Eugene this Saturday, and a couple of my buddies from Medic school work for Eugene fire.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Nice Armor10. I have been in Eugene for about 8 months now. I am unfortunately working for a company called Med-Trans. They are strictly inter-facility, very frustrating for me. My wife insisted on moving over from Newport, Oregon where I worked a PacWest Ambulance. We should hook up when you come into town so we can discuss this Saudi thing face to face. I don't really know any of the Eugene Guys. I see them all the time of course at Riverbend Hospital, just never have hooked up with them. How can we communicate better?

ExpatMedic0

MS, NRP
Nice Armor10. I have been in Eugene for about 8 months now. I am unfortunately working for a company called Med-Trans. They are strictly inter-facility, very frustrating for me. My wife insisted on moving over from Newport, Oregon where I worked a PacWest Ambulance. We should hook up when you come into town so we can discuss this Saudi thing face to face. I don't really know any of the Eugene Guys. I see them all the time of course at Riverbend Hospital, just never have hooked up with them. How can we communicate better?

PacWest aka the step child of Metro West right? Did my internship with MW. I am also on board going through the visa thing right now. I am just going over as a worker bee for ALS intercept ground pounding!

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
PacWest aka the step child of Metro West right? Did my internship with MW. I am also on board going through the visa thing right now. I am just going over as a worker bee for ALS intercept ground pounding!
That's right MW/PWA. I snapped out of it before I became a JD robot. How long have you been gathering all your info. I am just getting started and have not received an offer yet. The offer will determine if I go. I have three kids and I would need their top step wage if I am going to go over. I have flight and managment experience so I am not sure what i would do over there. I figure I can discuss this in the interview. Any advice you can give or info you have learned regarding all this would be great. The important questions that need to be answered to my satisfaction are: What are the condmpound accomodations going to be like for my family, my job function/position, safety of course, and the pay. It looks like they financially cover quite a bit, but it looks like I will have expenses for the kids school as they only cover so much. So if I can figure all this out satisfactorily, then I think we are going to proceed over.

Anyone care to comment on these questions?

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
Passport Information Page

Can anyone tell me what the passport information page is. My first communication back from the Saudi Red Crescent Authority has a list of items I need to get together and one is listed like this:

2. Copy of your passport information page

I don't have a passport, so could anyone enlighten me?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Can anyone tell me what the passport information page is. My first communication back from the Saudi Red Crescent Authority has a list of items I need to get together and one is listed like this:

2. Copy of your passport information page

I don't have a passport, so could anyone enlighten me?

Once you have a passport which is most essential for any job outside the USA, it will become glaringly obvious which page is the passport information page.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
SRCA Compound Accomodations

I have been researching compound life in general and have found the recent posts on this subject state that the better compounds with ammennities are becoming more difficult to get into and have waiting lists. It seems that there has been an increase in westerners being hired for jobs. Can anyone comment on what the SRCA is providing for EMS personnel? Could you provide specifics like where the compounds are located, what ammenities do they have and what are the accommadations like? Photos would be nice.

Thank you.

alelkins

Forum Crew Member
Compound

The people that are coming in now are being housed at a temp. compound. I have no idea for how long or anything. You can't find this particular compound on the internet. Sorry I couldn't be more help but this is pretty much all anyone knows.

NWParamedic

Forum Crew Member
The people that are coming in now are being housed at a temp. compound. I have no idea for how long or anything. You can't find this particular compound on the internet. Sorry I couldn't be more help but this is pretty much all anyone knows.
Thx alelkins I see you have a child as well. I'm just a little concerned about what the accomodations are going to be like for the family. I personally would be happy with a one room abode, but my wife and kids would not last long if they are'nt comfortable.

Anyone else on the ground over there able to find out what the status of future compound accomodations will be?

Armor10

Forum Crew Member
Hey NW, check out Travis's Flicker account as well as his Blog (http://travisinsaudi.blogspot.com/) He has a lot of pictures what it's like over there. Here's the Address: (http://www.flickr.com/photos/travisinsaudi/)
Remember if you have any questions about the process or need some help let me know. My wife even said she would be willing to talk to yours about what she has found out about life for women over there, and compound living. There's also a Blog by a Canadian women in Riyadh thats really funny but informative. (http://canadianinriyadh.blogspot.com/) Your wife will like it and it will answer some of her questions. My wife loves it and checks it every day for updates. -Cheers

NJmedic3250

Forum Crew Member
Hey guys. Quick question. Im still waiting on my visa and all my documents to be sent back to me. After I receive all of that, what's the next step? Is it just a matter of booking a flight? Also, is there a timeframe in which you have to book your flight or do they let you pick the date?

Status
Not open for further replies.