Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

wanderingmedic

RN, Paramedic
~83 I think. Paramedic. Passed.

It took me longer to drive to the testing center than to complete the test.

Rickjuan3

Forum Ride Along
I failed twice! Studying tips?

The first test I answered between 70-80 questions- failed... Second attempt 120-failed and did worse than my first attempt... I'm looking into different programs online to help me study? Does anyone know which one would be most effective ? And insight would be a great help. Thanks all!

lisha

Forum Probie
First time I tested, my test had 120 and I failed.

Second time I tested, my test was 112 and I passed!

Empathy

Forum Ride Along
Just took the EMT-B test a few hours ago and finished around 6:45 pm (took a little over an hour and I tried to take my time). It stopped me at question 80, and I have no idea if that's good. For me to fail, would I have to have missed so many that even answering the rest up to 120 correctly still wouldn't be enough? Also, results should be under, "My Certification," on nremt.org, yes? I'm going to be checking it like a mad man for the next couple days.

Last edited by a moderator:

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Just took the EMT-B test a few hours ago and finished around 6:45 pm (took a little over an hour and I tried to take my time). It stopped me at question 80, and I have no idea if that's good. For me to fail, would I have to have missed so many that even answering the rest up to 120 correctly still wouldn't be enough? Also, results should be under, "My Certification," on nremt.org, yes? I'm going to be checking it like a mad man for the next couple days.

For me, I knew I passed when my Registry Number appeared in the left by the login name.

planetmike

Forum Lieutenant
I passed EMT-B, about 72 questions. Whew!

Many thanks to the people on this wonderful forum, your advice, stories, and arguments/discussions have been quite helpful/informative.

Chimpie

Site Administrator
Community Leader
I passed EMT-B, about 72 questions. Whew!

Many thanks to the people on this wonderful forum, your advice, stories, and arguments/discussions have been quite helpful/informative.

Congratulations!

EMS4ME

Forum Ride Along
Hi everyone, I was wondering have anybody here have the opportunity to test under the new curriculum of the nremt for taking the Advanced EMT exam, it is a 135 questions worth of pure torture. please help I really want to pass this test, on my third attempt on july the 21

That1Guy

Forum Probie
Went to 70 questions and passed! Woohoo! Hey EMS4ME, I don't know much about the advanced exam, but before the basic exam I stopped at Barnes and Noble and picked up a couple of EMT study guides (they have tons of them from EMT-B to EMT-P) and did the practice tests in the cafe there. I think it helped me a lot.

That1Guy

Forum Probie
Not necessarily. I think MOST people get to 130s when they actually fail. However, I don't know for sure, I'm just telling you based off of what I've heard, but you'll probably know by tomorrow morning. They're normally pretty quick about updating your status on the website. Good luck!:)

MRSA

Forum Crew Member
Stopped me at 82 and I failed.

My questions never got hard. They were all easy.

This is my second time failing. I've never failed a test in my life before. I studied on and off for two weeks using a bunch of stupid apps and EMTPrep.com

I'm lost. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Edit: And I've passed twice before. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong. I know they changed the EMT test but are we not following the order of operations that we used to with scene size up, penman, ABCT, etc?

Seriously. I'm just amazed. I never fail anything.

WildlandEMT89

Forum Lieutenant
Stopped me at 82 and I failed.

My questions never got hard. They were all easy.

This is my second time failing. I've never failed a test in my life before. I studied on and off for two weeks using a bunch of stupid apps and EMTPrep.com

I'm lost. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Edit: And I've passed twice before. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing wrong. I know they changed the EMT test but are we not following the order of operations that we used to with scene size up, penman, ABCT, etc?

Seriously. I'm just amazed. I never fail anything.

Is there any one area that you felt you were having a hard time with? Or did you feel like you kept getting the same or similar question over and over?

iamlove

Forum Ride Along
Have faith in your hard work

I just took my written/computer test and passed at 80 questions, thought I might have failed, took the test last night at 5:30 and got my results by noon today and I PASSED!!!!!:rofl: So proud of myself right now. If you put in the time you will pass. Have faith in the work you put into your education and training.!! Good Luck!