Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

OnceAnEMT

Forum Asst. Chief
Passed at 70, first attempt.

It took all weekend to get my test results back and I'd pretty much resigned myself to failure by the end of the second day. People weren't kidding when they told me I'd walk out of there feeling like I'd bombed it.

Sorry, forgot to say: This was for Basic.

Welcome to the forums, and congratulations! Yeah, Friday is generally a no-no for NREMT. Personally I took it early a Friday morning and just got lucky I suppose. Saw that I passed when I got home 2 hours later.

GoldcrossEMTbasic

Forum Lieutenant
Awesome dude, Now finding a job thats a hard part, In Minnesota, It took me 5 months to get an EMT-B job. But I am not working on an Ambulance yet. however, I am a EMT that goes to competitions and summer camps. But it is a start. I know we can get hired overnight. :rofl: Good Luck with your new career and stay safe out there. :)

Jconway

Forum Ride Along
Finished my test this morning took a little over an hour and turned off at 102 this was my 2nd attempt I really hope I passed this time

BigNasty

Forum Ride Along
Taking my second attempt in about an hour. First two 3 weeks ago shut off at 120, & failed with near passing on every category. Got help from tutors, new test prep and studies areas I felt got a lot of questions in. Feel good. I'll post the difference this time.

GoldcrossEMTbasic

Forum Lieutenant
It took me 45 minutes and it cut me off at 72, I was nervous, then I found out the next day I passed. In Minnesota, we have to take the state part, in which we use Fisdap, I don't know if you use that in your state. But I thought that was harder than the NREMT exam. Before taking the NREMT exam that test is required and we have to pass with a 70 or higher, I got a 72 percent, I barely made it to the NREMT level. Do feel bad, sometimes 2 times is a charm. However, There were a few questions in the NREMT that were confusing, the question about HAZ MAT, the NFPA 701 placard the one with blue yellow red and white. It was telling me what color is it and the answer that I was looking for was all four colors and the multiple choice question answers were blue, red yellow or none of the above. I think it was none of the above, because the answer should be all four colors. :unsure: Otherwise good luck in becoming an EMT-B, it took me awhile to find a job, I am not with an agency, but with a medical staffing agency that will need me on a PRN basis. For example like a culinary arts competition or a concert. that requires an EMT on site versus calling 911 for a minor cut and all the other basic first aid. I hope you will find a job soon and hope you enjoy life in the world of EMS. :)

GoldcrossEMTbasic

Forum Lieutenant
Sorry to hear that, man, You know there are websites out there that have practice exams. And they have trauma, cardiac, CPR, medical and operations. But I do wish you luck. Just read the questions very carefully and slowly and nextime when you go. ask for a private area where it is quiet, because it cannot read with lots of background noise. They may be able to accommodate that for you, if you call ahead. :mellow:

BigNasty

Forum Ride Along
Well just got out. Mine shut off right at 70 & I felt really good about a lot of the questions. I guess I'll find out tomorrow tho

Shotgun

Forum Ride Along
My NREMT Stopped at 71 Questions

I took the NREMT exam on April 29, 2014 for EMT. The exam and the course I took that ended April 11, 2014 qualifies for the newest EMT type and I don't need to complete the transition requirement from EMT-B to EMT. The exam lasted 38 minutes and ceased after question 71. This was my first and only attempt and I Passed.

Shotgun

floridamed224

Forum Crew Member
I took the exam yesterday at 2:00 pm. The exam started off easy and got harder...and harder...and harder. The last time I checked I was at 120 but I remember that I had a couple more after the 120 mark. It took a little under one hour. I passed (the results were posted between 7:00 and 8:30 am this morning)!
I was definitely worried. There was one question type that I kept getting over and over again. Hopefully I am not breaking any forum rules mentioning it but the question had to do with CPR and they kept changing the pts information but with the same question...and the same answer. I kept thinking that I must be answering it wrong because it keeps coming up but then I was certain that I was picking the right answer. Anyways I stuck to my gut and kept selecting the same answer. I know that question came up at least 4 times.
In case anyone is wondering I used two online programs to help me study. One was Prentice Hall's EMT Achieve and the other was EMTPrep. Maybe having and paying for two was overkill, but I passed. I will say that EMTPrep helped the most. EMT Achieve was good because it had movies, illustrations, charts, etc. to explain the material but the tests were very weird and the answers they came up with sometimes didn't make sense. However I did like the resources they provided. Also some of the tests were disorganized. For example I took one of the "Medical Module" tests and 80% of the questions were about operations.

lynnethesunny

Forum Ride Along
Phew!

Took my paramedic test today and I passed! Mine shut off right at 80 questions, and I found out my results around five hours after I completed the test.

Now I can breathe.

ProjectCamaro

Forum Probie
Took my exam in Wednesday, cut off at 63 questions and I passed.

I had my practicals today and passed them on the first try. I am officially done! :D

TBadSeed

Forum Ride Along
74 and shut off

Took the test 7 hours ago, Friday 5:15pm, had 90 mins left, gave me 74 questions then off. The questions were ok until I'm almost convinced they started making up words. We didn't study most of what I was tested on. I seriously thought they gave me the wrong test but it said EMT. I walked out of Pearson VUE not knowing what happened. Since I took it on a Friday (evening at that) guess I have a long stressful weekend ahead of me.