Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

TBadSeed

Forum Ride Along
74 and Passed

Long weekend when you take it on a Friday, but outcome of PASSED was great. Now I guess the state gets to shove their hand in my pocket.

ThereBeforeDeath

Forum Ride Along
70 and I don't know yet

I took the NREMT-B test today and was a little shocked when it cut me off at 70. I did great in my EMT program, but I feel like I didn't do very well on this test. I will post my results as soon as I get them...

mttbdtd

Forum Probie
EMT-B shut off at 76 I think and I passed.

Last edited by a moderator:

brian4571

Forum Ride Along
Took my AEMT test yesterday for the first time and felt that this test was no different than the basic test. Maybe I just studied more for this test than the last one.

turbodudey

Forum Ride Along
71 and Passed

I took the NREMT-B yesterday evening. Results were posted by this morning. After browsing through this thread, in seemed like the average number of questions was usually in the 70s. So, I wasn't surprised at all when it stopped at 71 (I was actually anticipating it a little bit)

It took me about 45 minutes or so to take the test and overall I would say that it was easier than I was expecting. The questions seemed to be at about the same level, maybe even easier, as the regular tests I took in my EMT class. So, that was nice.

agah

Forum Crew Member
Took my test last night and the computer shut off at around 70 questions. It was the most challenging test I've taken so far and really weird. I was a wrack and spent the night checking results. Was certain that I failed. Results finally posted at around 4 am and I passed!

sublimaze

Forum Ride Along
I took the national medic on Friday before the long weekend. Stopped at 85. I was so sure I failed, I didn't even bother looking at the results until last night. But I passed.

I'm already a MA medic and I'm trying to move to another state so getting the national is the next step. I've been out of class for around 3 years so I hit the books hard and used various resources (Brady website, Munden, a few different iPhone apps) to take an estimated 2000 multiple choice questions. I then used those resources to shed light on my weaknesses and re-read those chapters in the book. And then took the questions again and again until I was constantly getting between 80-100%.

But this test was hard. There were multiple questions on things that I really didn't study... just some weird, left-field stuff that you never really go over in class. And I really feel like they make up medical terminology to throw you off... I'm big on process of elimination to help guide me if I don't know an answer, but it was tough.

I think that if you finish the test thinking you failed, thinking it was the hardest test you've ever taken, you probably did alright. The test gets progressively harder as you answer the easy questions, so if all of your questions are crap you've never even heard of and you just want to stand up and leave, you're probably killing it. If you finish thinking you knew every answer and all the questions were easy, that's when you're in trouble.

CeeLeggs

Forum Ride Along
NREMT-B 70 Questions. I passed. I got some really difficult questions, so I thought, for sure, I failed. I did not.

jmarsh1474

Forum Ride Along
Took my nremt emt b 3 times once was 89 questions failed .2nd time 120 questions failed .3rd time 72 questions passed

imshal717

Forum Ride Along
Just got home from the test. Cut off at 68. Hoping I passed but not feeling confident. I just hope I don't have to wait long to get results.

EMSComeLately

Forum Crew Member
Emt-b/e passed after 70, though I left pretty certain I hadn't. Took about 4 hours for results. Finished around 11am.