Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

ptemt

Forum Crew Member
Passed the NREMT-P in early July, first try, 80 questions. Had to drive two and a half hours to a community college in Sterling, CO to get a test date right after medic school graduation. Test was scored within an hour of getting back home.

pamedic983

Forum Probie
80 questions

I passed the NREMT-P exam in early August on the first try. It shut off at 80.

Jay76

Forum Ride Along
Second Time's the Charm

Took it the first time after a two month break from the classroom - 120 questions or so, and I failed. Didn't ever think I'd do that - was at the top of my class and never had ANY problems with ANY exam before.

So I hit the books for two weeks prior to my second test. Cut me off at 70 and I wasn't sure if I had passed or failed. Came here and got all worried because I KNEW I had the last answer I entered was wrong - and all these know-it-alls are posting here that if that happens you failed.

Guess what? They're wrong. I KNOW that I missed the last question on the exam, and got my results this morning. Successful. Passed. 70 questions flat.

So if you get worried about these "last question right or wrong" on the exam posts, IGNORE THEM. Would have saved me a world of worry to see a post like this. They don't know what they're talking about.

flhtci01

Forum Captain
85 I was 100% sure I had failed. Results posted that afternoon proved me wrong.

Paladin

Forum Crew Member
I have yet to take the computer based testing. I had the paper test a few yrs ago. An NREMT rep from the state came and issued the exam, collected them and left. They did say that if we pass, we do not need to take the state exam as that would our score for them as well. Passed it too btw.

abriggs

Forum Crew Member
Prob not the case. My day job is in standardized testing and seriously, that's all I can say about that, but even if they TELL you the min set is 60, some of them may be "pretest items" which will be used as regular items once they determine how the items preform later in the field after a predetermined nubmer of users see them. It's a "testing thing".

abriggs

Forum Crew Member
I have yet to take the computer based testing. I had the paper test a few yrs ago. An NREMT rep from the state came and issued the exam, collected them and left. They did say that if we pass, we do not need to take the state exam as that would our score for them as well. Passed it too btw.

Paladin - I also live in NJ, and my instructor has been unclear about that... if I take the NREMT in Dec (when my course has ended) am I all set, or do I need to take both... I know I need to ask, its just been busy in class. LOL:)

el Murpharino

Forum Captain
78 questions...passed the paramedic exam - again. Now if I just can keep from letting this card lapse I'll be fine.

lalaneedstopass

Forum Crew Member
70 I PASSED :D 3rd times a charm!!

EMTguy69

Forum Probie
Nremt exam

69 questions and PASSED on the first time...ever. YEAH!!!!B)

poppawilly

Forum Probie
Congratulations on successfully earning your national EMS certification.

Certification documents will be mailed to the address provided in your account profile by first class US Postal service within three business days.

National certification is not a license to practice. You should contact your state EMS office for information on licensing requirements.

five tries but finally got it.:D 72 questions.