Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

AMM

Forum Ride Along
Just took the EMT-B and it closed right at 70 questions... Like many here I felt like I didn't do well, that my class didn't prepare me, and that perhaps 70 was enough to get a 95% confidence that I didn't know my stuff... I'll know in a day or two and report back!

Joseph Rousseau

Forum Ride Along
Just took the EMT-B and it closed right at 70 questions... Like many here I felt like I didn't do well, that my class didn't prepare me, and that perhaps 70 was enough to get a 95% confidence that I didn't know my stuff... I'll know in a day or two and report back!
If you feel confident you probably did pass !

AMM

Forum Ride Along
Thanks Josh - I feel confident in my knowledge, so there's that :). There were definitely a set of questions that were "normal" - but I felt like there were a bunch that were just off the wall. Hopefully this is just the sliding scale of hardness, and I nailed all the easy ones... I also got asked the same question about lightning twice. Answered the same way both times. I even verified it after I left. Who knows - I'll most likely find out in the morning :).

AMM

Forum Ride Along
Passed! It does seem that if the test stops right at 70 questions, chances are you did pretty well. My guess is that because it's progressive, if you do well you see a higher percentage of the hard questions. That's probably why most of the 70-question-pass folks I'm reading about seem to think the test was way harder than any of the coursework leading up to it.

I guess this is good news for anyone who finished right at 70 - if you know your stuff and it felt way harder than the class, you probably passed. Have a beer and worry less. You'll know in a day :).

Joseph Rousseau

Forum Ride Along
Passed! It does seem that if the test stops right at 70 questions, chances are you did pretty well. My guess is that because it's progressive, if you do well you see a higher percentage of the hard questions. That's probably why most of the 70-question-pass folks I'm reading about seem to think the test was way harder than any of the coursework leading up to it.

I guess this is good news for anyone who finished right at 70 - if you know your stuff and it felt way harder than the class, you probably passed. Have a beer and worry less. You'll know in a day :).
Congrats ! Good luck for the future !

EMT1112

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B: 70ish questions and spent about 35 min taking the exam. I legitimately thought I failed. The adaptive nature of this exam makes it so that it's pretty hard regardless of your level. It's slightly disorienting. I did pass on my first attempt.

The more certain the algorithm is at crediting you the ability to pass, the higher number of very difficult questions you will receive. In the end, don't freak out thinking you failed until you get the results. If you fail, just retake it. Seems to me from reading this forum, any number of questions can result in a pass or fail. Just prepare well. If you do, you'll probably get a ridiculous number of difficult questions, be shut down at around 70, feel like you failed, but pass. Preparing is the way to go though.

Just because you answer 120 questions doesn't mean you failed. It does seem to me based on fellow classmates performances, people who were more prepared did get shut down at around 70 and did say the test was much more difficult than they had anticipated.

Tony Maximilian

Eternal Optimist
72 questions and passed. Took roughly 45-50 minutes. Like many others, I was convinced I failed. Two other colleagues who both took the test same time as me both got 120 questions and took nearly two hours to finish. One passed, the other did not. All three of us were extremely well prepared and were among the best students in our program. The NREMT: Totally unpredictable.

Tony Maximilian

Eternal Optimist
EMT-B: 70ish questions and spent about 35 min taking the exam. I legitimately thought I failed. The adaptive nature of this exam makes it so that it's pretty hard regardless of your level. It's slightly disorienting. I did pass on my first attempt.

The more certain the algorithm is at crediting you the ability to pass, the higher number of very difficult questions you will receive. In the end, don't freak out thinking you failed until you get the results. If you fail, just retake it. Seems to me from reading this forum, any number of questions can result in a pass or fail. Just prepare well. If you do, you'll probably get a ridiculous number of difficult questions, be shut down at around 70, feel like you failed, but pass. Preparing is the way to go though.

Just because you answer 120 questions doesn't mean you failed. It does seem to me based on fellow classmates performances, people who were more prepared did get shut down at around 70 and did say the test was much more difficult than they had anticipated.

Precisely.

ALMEMT

Forum Ride Along
70 - Passed EMT-B
I was really worried that I failed miserably but after reading this thread I felt much better. I had to wait a whole weekend before I found out I passed.

Gustavo

Forum Crew Member
Took my test two days ago and found out yesterday I passed at 120 questions. Honestly didn't know what to think after the test. I felt like I failed. So glad I got good news!

LiftAssist

Forum Ride Along
Paramedic, 1st attempt
About 110 questions
Pass
But for the record, there is no way I learned about neonatal septal heart defects. Or maybe we did, who knows, cuz It feels like I pretty much blacked out for the last year of my life and literally just woke up

PEO

Forum Ride Along
EMT – First Attempt – 70 questions – was sure I failed but passed - test really messed with my head

LifeAlert101

Forum Probie
This was honestly a unique experience for me. I went into my test unsure of what to expect. My first 3 questions were all on cardiac management with answers that all sounded right. But after 90 minutes and 106 questions in I'm proud to say I officially passed the Written portion of this examination process! My EMS coordinator will be proud.

Christopher Leggett

Forum Ride Along
Hey I was wondering why I finished my test at 430 pm yesterday and still haven't got results by noon the next day!? I'm super nervous and the wait is killing me !