Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Christopher Leggett

Forum Ride Along
EMT-B, 70 questions and passed. :)
Let's say 50% relatively easy questions from textbook, 30% a little hard scenario basis questions, and 20% never heard of W*F!? type of challenging questions. I took the exam on Saturday afternoon and figured out the result after Memorial Day (5/30 after 1 am). Longest weekend I've ever had... This forum topic really helped me not try to think about the negative result. Thanks everyone who posted the info! -Sam

Hey I was wondering why I finished my test at 430 pm yesterday and still haven't got results by noon the next day!? I'm super nervous and the wait is killing me !

AllenYourTech

Forum Ride Along
Another 70 questions guy, also another, without a doubt nailed the last question, got results around 6 am the next business day. All it says is congrats. Thx for the nerve support during my waiting time guys

LifeAlert101

Forum Probie
I had gotten my results within 5 hours. But they state you should receive your result within 72 hours if I'm not mistaken.

Top Doc

Forum Ride Along
Took the test at 8:00 am. About 60 questions found out I passed 6 hours later.

In over 30 years of EMS this is the third time I have had to take NREMT. The test hasn't changed that much except now you don't have to answer all 150 questions and wait 2-3 weeks for the results.

Jcald3000

Forum Ride Along
So, I take the NREMT test tomorrow for basic I'm absolutely TERRIFIED. From reading a lot of the comments on this thread, I'm assuming if my test stops early, I most likely pass?

EcstaticEMT

Forum Ride Along
70 and passed, found out literally 2 hours after I took the exam!! Still in total disbelief. Took it at 11:00 or so today. Walked out feeling miserable as if I totally bombed it. I didn't get any super difficult questions that people sometimes say they get, but some definitely threw me off guard. Never thought I would pass, complete thanks to God.

Plan was textbook, JBLearning Navigate (everyone use the hell out of it!!! There was a similar question from there on my exam today! Also thanks to @NomadicMedic for being a huge advocate for it, it was definitely warranted.) and REA's EMT Crash Course book. Never thought I would be in this position passing at 70 questions.

So, if you finish early, don't fret! I almost pooped my pants after it shut me off at 70 hahah...

Best of luck to everyone prepping.

EcstaticEMT

Forum Ride Along
I stopped at 130 wth does that Meagan?

You went to the full 120 questions + 10 "pilot" questions that don't count towards your performance. Read more on nremt.org.

Only time will tell whether you passed or not. If you went the whole way, usually the computer couldn't pinpoint definitively your performance within the 95% confidence interval--an up and down sorta idea. Look at the NREMT CBT graph and you'll see what I mean.

B100

Forum Ride Along
120 and Passed

Remember, just as many have said on this thread, the number you stopped at won't determine whether you passed or failed. I went up to about 120 before they shut me out. Prior to taking the test I was browsing this forum and was noticing that many people who hit the 70 range usually passed. Needless to say once I went beyond 70 questions and then 100 questions I was starting to freak out a bit during my testing. I thought I had failed and was actually in the process that very same day reviewing test questions so I could prepare myself for the next exam. Come next day I went to check my results and found that I had passed!

May

Forum Ride Along
I took my EMT B test for the first time today at 1200. Also cut me off at 70. I don't feel like I did really well or terribly (but since it's got to be one or the other, I'm leaning towards terribly..) Some of the questions were ridiculous in my opinion-- I'm hoping they were just "pilot" questions. Haven't got my score back yet, but fairly nervous...

Colin

Forum Ride Along
I just took it today, cutoff at 70 and 40 minutes. I feel like I passed and based off this thread it seems like I did. Several of my classmates were cutoff between 70-80 as well and passed. Though one classmate passed at 120 questions.