Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Selenolycus

Forum Probie
As I had suspected, I failed. I didn't note if I answered the last question properly or not.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I know you feel very badly. Wallow for a couple of hours - get it out of your system. When you feel better, hit the books again. Reschedule when you can and go for it. Some very good EMTs took 2 and 3 shots at it. Good luck to you.

TheMowingMonk

Forum Lieutenant
I know you feel very badly. Wallow for a couple of hours - get it out of your system. When you feel better, hit the books again. Reschedule when you can and go for it. Some very good EMTs took 2 and 3 shots at it. Good luck to you.

good point, I dont think of this test as a way to determine if someone is a good EMT or not, i think its more of a test of due you have the minimum and EMT should have, the knowledge. But you can know it all and still be a bad EMT. Beside manner, pt care, professionalism and how you carry yourself are what make you a good EMT.

Selenolycus

Forum Probie

I don't really feel that bad about it, other than it was a waste of gas and $70. I'll be hitting the books like mad, see what my weak points were whenever I get the letter from the NREMT, and take the test a week after that. So, in about three weeks, I'll be passing it, though my wallet will be another $70 lighter.

Thanks for the good wishes.

Selenolycus

Forum Probie
good point, I dont think of this test as a way to determine if someone is a good EMT or not, i think its more of a test of due you have the minimum and EMT should have, the knowledge. But you can know it all and still be a bad EMT. Beside manner, pt care, professionalism and how you carry yourself are what make you a good EMT.

While I know it's a bit of moan-groan, I really dislike the sort of tests similar to the NREMT-B. I encountered several that were tricky. Though, as I read here, there is a pool of 3,000 questions, there's a chance I won't see a single question next time that I saw last time - that just means the next ones may even be trickier. :lol:

As I intend to pursue a career in medicine further, I suppose I'll just have to get used to it, study more on my own time relentlessly.

I currently have two sources for information: one is Brady's PEC, 8th Ed., and the other is Brady's Essentials of Paramedic Care, 2nd Ed. The latter is for my Intermediate/Paramedic course coming-up in August.

Would it be unwise to study pertinent materials in the Paramedic book? I did not encounter any questions regarding scope of practice, so, in this case, is the general philosophy "no knowledge is bad knowledge" upheld?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
While I know it's a bit of moan-groan, I really dislike the sort of tests similar to the NREMT-B. I encountered several that were tricky. Though, as I read here, there is a pool of 3,000 questions, there's a chance I won't see a single question next time that I saw last time - that just means the next ones may even be trickier. :lol:

As I intend to pursue a career in medicine further, I suppose I'll just have to get used to it, study more on my own time relentlessly.

I currently have two sources for information: one is Brady's PEC, 8th Ed., and the other is Brady's Essentials of Paramedic Care, 2nd Ed. The latter is for my Intermediate/Paramedic course coming-up in August.

Would it be unwise to study pertinent materials in the Paramedic book? I did not encounter any questions regarding scope of practice, so, in this case, is the general philosophy "no knowledge is bad knowledge" upheld?

Just asking did you go to EOC?...

R/r 911

Selenolycus

Forum Probie
Just asking did you go to EOC?...

R/r 911

Yes, through the local community college. Why do you ask that? On top of all your medical qualifications, you know the course materials for all of the EMT course centers out there?

And, if you could answer my last question from the post you initially quoted, I'd be grateful, though I suspect I'm going to be reading through it, too, regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:

BruinFan1008

Forum Ride Along
I just took the NREMT this afternoon...my test ended at 70 questions. My last question was a bleeding question regarding after the "after birth." I put down direct pressure... Hope I passed!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
Yes, through the local community college. Why do you ask that? On top of all your medical qualifications, you know the course materials for all of the EMT course centers out there?

And, if you could answer my last question from the post you initially quoted, I'd be grateful, though I suspect I'm going to be reading through it, too, regardless.

I teach at OKCC and know most of the instructors at OSU as well, etc.. so yeah, I know most of the course materials as I did use to work for OSDH.

Any reading will not harm you. Just know your license limitations. Be sure to read the objectives in front of each of the chapter and perform an outline of each chapter as well. Get used to the type of questions, on how they are written as much as what the questions ask.

Good luck to you!

R/r 911

Selenolycus

Forum Probie
I teach at OKCC and know most of the instructors at OSU as well, etc.. so yeah, I know most of the course materials as I did use to work for OSDH.

Any reading will not harm you. Just know your license limitations. Be sure to read the objectives in front of each of the chapter and perform an outline of each chapter as well. Get used to the type of questions, on how they are written as much as what the questions ask.

Good luck to you!

R/r 911

Ah, didn't know you were in the state.

I've noticed you criticizing the rather minimal criteria established for EMT-B and pretty much beneath paramedic, and I'd have to say I think Paramedic should be the only acceptable training level for professional EMS, but I'm in a poor financial situation, so I'm not practicing what I believe.

That being said, do you think there is a particularly 'best' program in the Oklahoma County area, or is it more a matter that dedicated & involved students will pull through the program with greater career success despite of their course work? I lean towards the latter myself, but even the best students need proper teaching and training.

LincNebr

Forum Probie
I took my EMT-B test in Omaha today...at around 5pm. The questions seemed way different than what we had for our class tests and I am just not sure how I've done.

It's almost midnight here now, and the results are not posted. Because I took it late today (Friday) will I have to wait until Monday for the results to post?

LincNebr

Forum Probie
OK...OK...I am a Newbie...don't get ticked off

I took my EMT-B test in Omaha today...at around 5pm. The questions seemed way different than what we had for our class tests and I am just not sure how I've done.

It's almost midnight here now, and the results are not posted. Because I took it late today (Friday) will I have to wait until Monday for the results to post?

As no one responded...I tried to make my way around this site to search for an answer to my question. (The answer is that I have to wait until Monday for the results to be posted)

Thanks to those that have been here forever for not getting mad that I asked the question. You have new people signing up on here all of the time (I now know) and some of the old timers here get a little put off if they feel the same question has been answered to death.

I appreciate this site and look forward to reading it often.

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
good job lincneb.. using that search feature to find the answer shows that you probably have what it takes to be good in EMS.. welcome to the board and good luck with the test.

Jeremy89

Forum Captain
As no one responded...I tried to make my way around this site to search for an answer to my question. (The answer is that I have to wait until Monday for the results to be posted)

Thanks to those that have been here forever for not getting mad that I asked the question. You have new people signing up on here all of the time (I now know) and some of the old timers here get a little put off if they feel the same question has been answered to death.

I appreciate this site and look forward to reading it often.

First off, welcome to the forum! I'm a NE native myself, from Hastings. I took my test on a Friday and I had results by Monday morning. I know, it kills you to wait but testing centers are so busy around here I took what I could get. Good luck! I'm sure you did fine.

LincNebr

Forum Probie
Thanks...

good job lincneb.. using that search feature to find the answer shows that you probably have what it takes to be good in EMS.. welcome to the board and good luck with the test.

LOL That doesn't say much for those that do EMS now, sets the bar pretty low....but thanks for the thought Kaisu.

Thanks also Jeremy89. For me the hardest part about waiting is wondering if I need to buy another online test to practice with. I had the Brady test... http://www.prenhall.com/emtachieve/ but the questions on the National test just seemed harder.

One more day and I will know..... :blush:

LincNebr

Forum Probie
I passed!

*phew* After a weekend of feeling like I must have failed the test...I found out today that I passed. You guys are a lot sharper than me, as I can't remember the exact number of questions I had.... guess I was around 75-80, when the test shut off. I was being pretty careful, took me 45 minutes.

Boy, it sure feels good.B)

TASH84

Forum Ride Along
Took my EMT-Basic exam yesterday, test stopped at 70 questions, and I passed..