Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

ksrrvfd

Forum Probie
NREMT-P # of questions

Wow. I just took the Paramedic test this past Wed (5/28). Got 83 questions and passed. A classmate took it on Friday and got 82 and passed. I then went to the NR website and read how they did the whole CBT thing and it was pretty interesting to find out just how it worked.

CPG

Forum Crew Member
75, passed, EMT-B.

Side Note: I heard that if you remember your last question, and you get it right, you passed. Get it wrong you failed. Any truth? Worked right for me.

pantsapalooza

Forum Ride Along
Aaaah! I just took the test today, and I didn't remember to remember the last question. My brain was all blank. I only went to 63 questions maybe? Crossing my fingers! (And checking to see if my scores are up every 5 minutes). :wacko:

Onceamedic

Forum Asst. Chief
I think 63 questions is too few. I think you may have failed. I could be wrong, but I think around 76 or 77 is the minimum needed to pass. Let us know OK?

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
I think the minimum for the EMT-B test is 70... but I'm not 100% sure. Rid?

Firemedic515

Forum Probie
I think 63 questions is too few. I think you may have failed. I could be wrong, but I think around 76 or 77 is the minimum needed to pass. Let us know OK?

Well, I think it depends on what test it is. 63 sounds pretty short if it was the medic test. However, there are people on here claiming they passed the basic test in as little as 50 questions. One guy even claimed 34 questions, although I find that hard to believe.

People...If you're going to respond to this thread, atleast tell us what test you took! Remember, there are 3 different provider levels, thus 3 different tests. We can't read your mind.:wacko:

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
I have never heard or seen anyone passing below 70 questions. Each question is weighted on points, but I am not sure exactly minimum number make the required passing points.

In regards to 50 or even 34 I say B.S. .. similar to anyone claiming they had passed with a 100% on the old test. It can't be done.

R/r 911

pantsapalooza

Forum Ride Along
oops, sorry, i was totally spacing out. I took the basic test. And I paaaaassed! I dunno, maybe it was more than 63 questions, I wasn't watching very carefully because I wasn't expecting it to end!

Now to get my state license and I am ready to rock-ah the boat!

Ridryder911

EMS Guru
But I have a friend that knows a guy who's brother got a 100%, so I know it's true.

I bet he has some swamp land and a vehicle only drove on Sundays, by his mom for sale. :D.. * Registry purposefully set up the test, so NO one could ever make 100%. Thus one would never know if they did or not.

R/r 911

Last edited by a moderator:

Eldersaavedra

Forum Ride Along
stopped at 70 on the dot..last question was the proper way to perfom 2 rescuer cpr on an infant.. with two thumbs or with two fingers
i went with the thumbs.
Freaking Hypertension settling in , i get my results in the morning,.

mikeylikesit

Candy Striper
stopped at 70 on the dot..last question was the proper way to perfom 2 rescuer cpr on an infant.. with two thumbs or with two fingers
i went with the thumbs.
you answered correctly on the last question.

PapaBear434

Forum Asst. Chief
i went with the thumbs.

Like I said earlier: I also stopped at 70 on the dot, and passed. I'm sure you did fine.

Just got my patch the other day. It's so pretty.

Jon

Administrator
Community Leader
Therefore... if you got the last question right, and it stopped at 70.. you passed.

Mazel Tov! Tell us for sure in the morning!!!

Selenolycus

Forum Probie
Just took it today. Got to about 117, then it stopped, pretty sure I failed it. There were quite a few questions that were a bit vague, and a few of them I flat-out was entirely unsure on. Oh, well, I guess I'll hit the books and try it again in another couple of weeks. Even if did pass (which I feel is very unlikely), I need to study-up on some of the materials again.