Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

ChanelCinq

Forum Lieutenant
I took my test yeaterday and i have to wait until monday for the results. The anticipation is killing me I NEED TO KNOWWWWWW!!!! The test questions were really tricky and it stopped me at 70. Dont ever schedule for a friday

LOL, I didn't realize that until these last few posts. We finished our exams Wed but there were only 6 of us ready to take the test because we were done with all our ride alongs, FEMA certs, and other random stuff our program requires.

2 students took their exam yesterday and one student took it this morning. All 3 have to wait until Monday to find out but they said the questions were a lot easier then what we were used to in class.

Mike, the fact it stopped at 70 is a pretty good sign. Unless you completely bombed it. But don't look at it that way. I bet you passed. Keep yourself busy and before you know it will be Monday.

Mikehoughton18

Forum Ride Along
LOL, I didn't realize that until these last few posts. We finished our exams Wed but there were only 6 of us ready to take the test because we were done with all our ride alongs, FEMA certs, and other random stuff our program requires.

2 students took their exam yesterday and one student took it this morning. All 3 have to wait until Monday to find out but they said the questions were a lot easier then what we were used to in class.

Mike, the fact it stopped at 70 is a pretty good sign. Unless you completely bombed it. But don't look at it that way. I bet you passed. Keep yourself busy and before you know it will be Monday.

Its really hard to tell cause there were so many i had to stop and think about cause the answers were so close. I did great in the class and i know the material so i should be okay. Just need to know already haha one more day

ChanelCinq

Forum Lieutenant
Its really hard to tell cause there were so many i had to stop and think about cause the answers were so close. I did great in the class and i know the material so i should be okay. Just need to know already haha one more day

I know how you feel. I would never book over the weekend now knowing what I know from these boards.

I have to tell you though that NREMT, NCLEX, all these tests people think they failed when in the end the majority that were cut off at the minimum and thought they failed actually passed. OK no that's not right. But what I am trying to say is both the people that fail and the people that pass think they failed.

So hang in there. Another day to go.

Mikehoughton18

Forum Ride Along
i know how you feel. I would never book over the weekend now knowing what i know from these boards.

I have to tell you though that nremt, nclex, all these tests people think they failed when in the end the majority that were cut off at the minimum and thought they failed actually passed. Ok no that's not right. But what i am trying to say is both the people that fail and the people that pass think they failed.

So hang in there. Another day to go.

i passssssed

Roy51

Forum Probie
70, Pass

The exam cut off at 70, and I left with the natural sink in my gut that there were too many answers I not certain of (let's face it, wacko questions).

Although I've read about it here, I too was struck that the exam kept circling around a few topics and did not survey the body of knowledge set out by the DOT for EMT competence.

Took it Friday morning, spent the rest of the day off napping in front of the computer hoping for a result, to no avail. This (Monday) morning the "pass" was posted.

No, I didn't lose any sleep over the weekend. Too busy keeping up with the family.

epiaddict

Forum Ride Along
Pass

It cut me off at 70 and I found out about 5 hours later that I passed. It took me about 20 minutes. There were definitely some questions that seemed a bit odd and lot of them where you simply have to choose the "better" answer.

Roy51

Forum Probie
Not a race

It cut me off at 70 and I found out about 5 hours later that I passed. It took me about 20 minutes. There were definitely some questions that seemed a bit odd and lot of them where you simply have to choose the "better" answer.

I cannot understand all of the posts that 70 questions were knocked out in 15 minutes or 20 minutes. I looked at it like this: 1. it's not a race, and 2. treating it like one may result in missing a very fine detail that means the difference between right and wrong.

I must have taken at least an hour if not 90 minutes- I wasn't counting. And I've taken much, much more difficult tests. That is to say, I didn't walk in with the attitude that "pfffft, this is cake..." based on any of my prior experiences.

epiaddict

Forum Ride Along
I cannot understand all of the posts that 70 questions were knocked out in 15 minutes or 20 minutes. I looked at it like this: 1. it's not a race, and 2. treating it like one may result in missing a very fine detail that means the difference between right and wrong.

I must have taken at least an hour if not 90 minutes- I wasn't counting. And I've taken much, much more difficult tests. That is to say, I didn't walk in with the attitude that "pfffft, this is cake..." based on any of my prior experiences.

I wasn't trying to race through it by any means. It is just how I tend to take tests. I either know it instantly or know what my best guess is and move on. Generally staring at a question doesn't help me. I also thought the questions were generally straightforward even if the answers weren't always obvious.

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.

Why can't you understand it? If people are adequately prepared, it's just like any other test. I had used JB Learning for a few weeks prior and was very well prepared. It took me less than 45 minutes to complete 80 questions for paramedic. At no point did I rush, I just answered the questions and moved on.

Roy51

Forum Probie
Why can't you understand it? If people are adequately prepared, it's just like any other test. I had used JB Learning for a few weeks prior and was very well prepared. It took me less than 45 minutes to complete 80 questions for paramedic. At no point did I rush, I just answered the questions and moved on.

Someone is showing significant life, educational, and career inexperience. NREMT is not "just like any other test". I've taken a lot of tests, too. Some of them were in consecutive three day sessions with everyone nationwide gathered into one hotel to protect the exam's integrity. None of them were a) on a computer where the answers irrevocably disappeared with no chance to correct realized errors prior to completion nor b) the "adaptive game" of esoterica. Anyone who claims that "as long as you've got your ABC's, you're ok" is full of it.

Adequately prepared- you're kidding, right? I think that if actual passing percentages were known, there would be a lot more humility among the passing.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
I wasn't trying to race through it by any means. It is just how I tend to take tests. I either know it instantly or know what my best guess is and move on. Generally staring at a question doesn't help me. I also thought the questions were generally straightforward even if the answers weren't always obvious.

Same exact thing for me. Looking at a question for an extended period of time does not help me. I either know the answer right away or I don't know the answer.

Roy51

Forum Probie
Same exact thing for me. Looking at a question for an extended period of time does not help me. I either know the answer right away or I don't know the answer.

Didn't say anything about staring at questions. I made certain that all details were examined before I hit the kill switch, that's all.

epiaddict

Forum Ride Along
Adequately prepared- you're kidding, right? I think that if actual passing percentages were known, there would be a lot more humility among the passing.

I am not pointing this out to argue one way or the other, but first time passing rate are in fact published. Go to NREMT.org and the front page (under quick links) has a link for 2012 first time pass statistics.

Roy51

Forum Probie
Humility

I am not pointing this out to argue one way or the other, but first time passing rate are in fact published. Go to NREMT.org and the front page (under quick links) has a link for 2012 first time pass statistics.[/QUO

I think there is confusion. I do not mean first time pass rate for the population. I mean the pass score for individuals.

ChanelCinq

Forum Lieutenant

A bunch of classmates took NREMT this weekend. They all got 70 Q, they all passed and they all did it in 30 to 45 minutes. OK not 15 min, but if you know it then there is not much to sit and think about.

epiaddict

Forum Ride Along
I am not pointing this out to argue one way or the other, but first time passing rate are in fact published. Go to NREMT.org and the front page (under quick links) has a link for 2012 first time pass statistics.[/QUO

I think there is confusion. I do not mean first time pass rate for the population. I mean the pass score for individuals.

It would be interesting to know the scores. I think the biggest improvement would be to give scores immediately instead of making applicants wait.