Post the # your test stopped at, and if you Passed/Failed

Pnut

Forum Ride Along
NREMT-P; 82q: Passed

felt like I got probed with a wire brush walking outta that thing. phew ^_^

Wheel

Forum Asst. Chief
Stopped at 95 and I failed medic :(. IRS definitely harder than intermediate and basic

First time taking it? If so, the good news is that you now know what to expect and prepare accordingly. Good luck studying. I hope it goes better next time.

xrsm002

Forum Captain
First time taking it? If so, the good news is that you now know what to expect and prepare accordingly. Good luck studying. I hope it goes better next time.

Yes first time taking it. It's also been a year and 2 months since I've been in class, I got signed off in April of this year by my clinical coordinator. So that doesn't help me either. I'm determined to pass.

squashcannons

Forum Ride Along
Cut off at 68 or 69

This was second time taking it. last time it cut off at 77 and I have failed.
I have no idea this time. I knew a lot of the questions straight up and used 2 different sites online to study. I felt really prepared so maybe i did really well but I just don't know. Don't think i would have failed that low unless I really did that bad.

SFLfire

Forum Probie
Just found out today that I passed 1st try!

Test shut off after question 120 with 10-15 minutes left. I REALLY took my time.

BLS

Forum Ride Along
This was second time taking it. last time it cut off at 77 and I have failed.
I have no idea this time. I knew a lot of the questions straight up and used 2 different sites online to study. I felt really prepared so maybe i did really well but I just don't know. Don't think i would have failed that low unless I really did that bad.

Study from the book, those online sites will just take
Your money. I paid $50.00 for an online study prep and none of the questions on the test were on the guide. I took the test after 4 months after graduated from the school and that helped, but everything you need is on the book. Don't over think the questions.

surfinluke

Forum Crew Member
Just took the NREMT-P test and went all the way to 150 and passed. I am the epitome of an average test taker.

Last edited by a moderator:

danib77

Forum Probie
I took the NREMT-B test last Wednesday and it shut off at 79 questions. I passed it but totally thought I failed. It took me about 25 minutes.

Jambi

Forum Deputy Chief
What percent do you need to pass the NREMT-P test? 70 or 75%?

There is no "percent," but rather a complicated algorithm is used to determine with a 95% certainty that you are competent or not competent. Once the program is sure, one way or the other, the test stops.

For me, my test stopped at 80 questions. For others 70, while still others pass at 150, etc...

aberrant

Forum Probie
Shut off around question 74, if I remember correctly, passed thankfully, I was nervous as hell the week leading up to it.

ChanelCinq

Forum Lieutenant
Took the EMT-B Saturday morning and was stopped at 121 questions. Checked results posted on NREMT Monday morning and passed.

I did a 2 week "boot camp" training but JBLearning succeeded that program to pass the NREMT.

Did you do Uniteck in Fremont? I think they are the only ones that do 2 weeks. I checked them out and met people from all over the country that flew in for that program.

I ended up getting a wait list space at the San Francisco Paramedic Association and I have been VERY pleased. We have finals this week and then I want to take NREMT within a week of graduation.

I'll post back with my stats.

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Cut me off at 47. Took about 25 minutes. Was certain I failed. Passed. The sense of relief was unbelievable.

islandmedic

Forum Probie
Yeah I've seen that before. My friend who took it the same day cut off at 55. Maybe it was a mistake. I don't know. I didn't believe it myself.