Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
OP
OP
VFlutter

VFlutter

Flight Nurse
Naegele's rule?

Add one year, subtract 3 months, and add 7 days from the first day of the last menstrual period.

Yay OB

What are the implications and treatment of Early, Late, and Variable decelerations?

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
Not sure Chase. I'll keep an eye out.

Based on another thread, why might one use gentamicin in cystic fibrosis for reasons other than an infection?

EMT B

Forum Captain
here is one from my class that i just took...

In WPW type A, what ECG changes will you see?

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
here is one from my class that i just took...

In WPW type A, what ECG changes will you see?

Talking about a delta wave? ("Slurred" upstroke on the QRS) I personally haven't heard of different "types" of WPW... But of course that doesn't mean they don't exist.

My questions is the use of aminoglycosides in cystic fibrosis for reasons other than infection.

EMT B

Forum Captain
type a has left atrioventricular connections (bundle of kent) showing a positive delta wave in V1

type b has right atrioventricular connections (bundle of kent) showing a negative delta wave in V1

Ok total shot in the dark here...do aminoglycosides help to repair/replace the malformed proteins that contribute to cystic fibrosis?

Last edited by a moderator:

fma08

Forum Asst. Chief
type a has left atrioventricular connections (bundle of kent) showing a positive delta wave in V1

type b has right atrioventricular connections (bundle of kent) showing a negative delta wave in V1

Ok total shot in the dark here...do aminoglycosides help to repair/replace the malformed proteins that contribute to cystic fibrosis?

Due to their intrinsic mechanism of action on the ribosomes, they can cause a read-through phenomenon. Useful in the particular subset of CF where their disease is caused by a premature stop codon in the CFTR gene.

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
Wouldn't you worry about keeping a patient on aminoglycosides on a regular basis?

I believe this is typical anyway for CF patients (particularly inhaled) to manage their chronic pulmonary infections, particularly pseudomonas.

Anjel

Forum Angel
injury to what cranial nerve often causes hemiatropy of the tongue

XII controls the tongue. So I'm going with that.