Paramedics: Clear - the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

RescueSquad

Forum Probie
It's not like the games we used to play...

I'm excited about this game release coming in about 30 days.

Paramedics: CLEAR! High replayability with 64 different patients and 4 different rigs to choose. The game comes with a free app that is used as a timer. You play three shifts, each getting harder. Try to save everyone you can by sustaining each patient and Transport! them to the hospital. Use the Medevac! for an instant save. After you sustain your patients, you must yell CLEAR! and stop the clock before the patient flatlines. Then startup the clock for the next plsyer. Its continuous non stop play. Give the hard patients to other players to deal with, but they will do the same to you....

http://www.smirkanddagger.com/paramedicssnd0065_web_box_3d_l.jpg

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
So it seems. Amusing too considering his topic was board games to de stress. This seems like it would be more of a stressful game then something to relax with.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
YOU DIDNT SAVE THE PATIENT!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

RescueSquad

Forum Probie
So it seems. Amusing too considering his topic was board games to de stress. This seems like it would be more of a stressful game then something to relax with.
True, but I find that it helps you manage stressful situations with a smile :) It definitely is not Candyland.

OP
OP
R

RescueSquad

Forum Probie
Yes, I was trying to be social, follow the rules and get along with people that I've never met. I'm from Jersey too, tough state...

VentMonkey

Family Guy
Here's the cold, hard truth OP. Marketing to EMS folks is a tricky thing. Whether we're talking clothes, games, TV shows or what have you. The last thing most long-term EMS employees want to do is live, eat, and breathe this kind of stuff outside of work; it's one of the few things that keeps the (few) long-term employees long-term.

Most of it hardly takes off in the EMS community like it would perhaps, in say, the non-EMS world. So what do EMS people enjoy, or find entertaining? Money, food, gift cards, good working conditions, etc. Pretty much the same thing any other blue-collared employee would.

Would you market a plumbers game to a plumber, or a garbage man's game to garbage collectors? Same diff.

OP
OP
R

RescueSquad

Forum Probie
To be honest, I'm really not trying to mass market it here to the EMT folks - it's a gamers game for sure. Just trying to spread the word that it exists. Table top gaming is spreading and family game time is making a comeback in my opinion. Table Games are not for everybody, but the few that do play games would appreciate it, I'm sure. Hey, I have a finance software engineer background and love stock market board games.

P.S. how did you know I have a game in the works about garbage men?

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Garbage.

NysEms2117

ex-Parole officer/EMT
When does the game let me jerry rig? Or do anything non standard? Or basically do anything EMS'ey. I also refer you to @VentMonkey for his post. It's 100% true.

OP
OP
R

RescueSquad

Forum Probie
When does the game let me jerry rig? Or do anything non standard? Or basically do anything EMS'ey. I also refer you to @VentMonkey for his post. It's 100% true.

you can upgrade your rig, use the medevac...You hater guys are so funny. Love you guys!

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
Well after watching the video I would say that for any true EMS provider would never want this game. It's not very accessible a game for people to play and you describe it as stressful. Yet you talk about it being a game for EMS providers to de stress to

luke_31

Forum Asst. Chief
you can upgrade your rig, use the medevac...You hater guys are so funny. Love you guys!

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
Don't get mad at us for calling your product what it is. You came to this forum I guess to market it and found you didn't do the market research you should have, if you were trying to sell it to the EMS crowd. This forum has a lot of knowledgeable people in EMS and providers from rookies to seasoned professionals, you apparently are just now experiencing your first critical feedback and sorry it's not to your liking. Life is tough get over it and try to market it to someone else, you're not going to generate a lot of interest or sales from people here.

VentMonkey

Family Guy
@RescueSquad I don't think anyone is "hating" on your game. Honestly, we gave you free feed back. What more could you ask for? If anything you're pretty lucky to not have at least gotten the slap on the wrist from @Chimpie for spamming and the like.

Again, most of us in the field have a tough time with this stuff because it's a horribly inaccurate depiction of what the reality and nature of our job entails. You said initially you wanted to thank EMS providers for what they do, but this board game is in no way a "thank you" to what it is we do. It's an attempt like everyone else thus far trying to profit from the industry by making it look cool, exciting, thrilling, etc.

It is the epitome of the exact opposite of what our field needs. It also looks unfinished, and all over the place but good luck anyhow. And lets not insult anyone here- you're completely marketing to the EMS community.

Status
Not open for further replies.