Paramedic pretends to be a doctor. It goes about as you'd expect.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

I know a guy who knows a guy.
Good QA there by Acadian…

Health systems have a whole team of people doing credential verification. I can’t believe Arcadian didn’t do the work on this
I’m sure any call that guy ran on will have to be refunded to Medicare if he acted as a physician and I’d bet there will be some liability for his actions that Arcadian will face.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Health systems have a whole team of people doing credential verification. I can’t believe Arcadian didn’t do the work on this
I’m sure any call that guy ran on will have to be refunded to Medicare if he acted as a physician and I’d bet there will be some liability for his actions that Arcadian will face.
$$$$$…forever. Might even put them out of business.

DrParasite

The fire extinguisher is not just for show
Isn't it a criminal offense to pretend to be a doctor, call in prescriptions pretending to be a doctor using someone else number, and how did he get a valid ID card? the article says "He had an ID badge & even ID access to hospital floors at OLOL for sure" the ID badge is easy to fake, but having it allow access to hospital floors, not so much.

I do love the thorough background check that Arcadian conducted on this person... kinda makes you wonder what else was missed.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
Isn't it a criminal offense to pretend to be a doctor, call in prescriptions pretending to be a doctor using someone else number, and how did he get a valid ID card? the article says "He had an ID badge & even ID access to hospital floors at OLOL for sure" the ID badge is easy to fake, but having it allow access to hospital floors, not so much.

I do love the thorough background check that Arcadian conducted on this person... kinda makes you wonder what else was missed.

Based on what I've found online it looked like he also used an MD's NPI code.

Acadian seems to be downplaying his role over the past few years.

Shocking that he was able to pull it off for so long.

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

Not only were his actions (if true) criminal, but Arcadian will have to answer for any call where he stepped outside the boundaries of the Paramedic scope of practice. Even if he signed a chart "physician" or MD, that'd be considered fraudulent, and Arcadian will face the music from CMS. Never mind the lawsuits that'll pile up from the people he treated. There's more coming out now. https://unfilteredwithkiran.com/samrat-mukherjee-he-treated-my-3-yr-old-daughter-as-a-doctor/

I'm sure there's a lot of heartburn in the Borg's C-suite right now.

CCCSD

Forum Deputy Chief
Based on what I've found online it looked like he also used an MD's NPI code.

Acadian seems to be downplaying his role over the past few years.

Shocking that he was able to pull it off for so long.
Federal charges.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader

FiremanMike

Just a dude
In that article, Acadian insists that he was employed and functioned as a flight paramedic, yet tagged him on twitter as a flight physician and his flight suit name tag also said flight physician.

I find it hard to believe that they didn’t treat him as a physician..

The thing that will be interesting to see is how this went unnoticed.

DesertMedic66

Forum Troll
In that article, Acadian insists that he was employed and functioned as a flight paramedic, yet tagged him on twitter as a flight physician and his flight suit name tag also said flight physician.

I find it hard to believe that they didn’t treat him as a physician..

The thing that will be interesting to see is how this went unnoticed.
It will also be interesting to see what an audit of all his charts looks like as you have several crew members/former partners saying he did procedures well outside his scope as a medic but the official statement from the company is that he never acted outside his scope.

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
🍿

OP
OP
NomadicMedic

NomadicMedic

giphy.gif