Orange county applicants beware

Gmken

Forum Ride Along
I looked around to see if there were any other posts about this and found none, so I hope to warn anyone looking to get accredited in Orange county to have their guard up. they have this nice system that lets you do it all online, and even check the status of your live scan results.
But the live scan result page does not work. they aren't updating it anymore! they say it can take up to 6 weeks but mine was reported to them the SAME DAY i got scanned. call them if you want to 100% but don't sit around waiting for your name to get posted

PotatoMedic

Has no idea what I'm doing.
What?

OP
OP
G

Gmken

Forum Ride Along
They have a system to let you know when your live scan results have gone through so you can submit an application for the county license, but the website isn't updating. The only way to know is to call and ask

Jim37F

Forum Deputy Chief
Soo....they have a slow system? Isn't that pretty much the definition of government bureaucracy?

OP
OP
G

Gmken

Forum Ride Along
No they have a system that doesn't work. It stopped like 3 months ago and it hasn't been updated. The office actually receives the forms from the federal/state government the same day you submit it they just refuse to let you know so you can proceed

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
No they have a system that doesn't work. It stopped like 3 months ago and it hasn't been updated. The office actually receives the forms from the federal/state government the same day you submit it they just refuse to let you know so you can proceed

So like most government agencies, they are short staffed and don't have enough people to update luxury things like websites

TransportJockey

Forum Chief

PotatoMedic

As we now turn political.... how many posts till its locked? I say 3.

TransportJockey

Forum Chief
One....

JPINFV

Gadfly
As we now turn political.... how many posts till its locked? I say 3.

They went political you say?

V-for-Vendetta-v-for-vendetta-4376555-851-479.jpg

PotatoMedic

I thought it was going down that hole... But it seems to have recovered... (sorta).

Clipper1

Forum Asst. Chief
How do you know the service you used for Live Scan reported the same day? If done at a private vendor always check their credibility. There are numerous complaints online.

OP
OP
G

Gmken

Forum Ride Along
How do you know the service you used for Live Scan reported the same day? If done at a private vendor always check their credibility. There are numerous complaints online.

Because after waiting for weeks for the OK to submit the application I finally called. The nice woman informed me that they received my live scan information 5 weeks ago which happened to be the exact same day I went and had it done

OP
OP
G

Gmken

Forum Ride Along
if you read on their website it tells you to call in about 3 days after you have submitted you livescan

I'm sure people who will be going there in the future would like to know where so please share. I obviously missed it. All I see on the website is prompts not to call unless they list your name with "contact ocems"