OK - So I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
:lol: For the record, I was never banned... I have been busy... really busy and whenever I had the chance to log on all I saw were thread after thread about "how do I become an EMT", "what kind of bag do you carry", "how do I get a ca adl", etc... etc... etc... and have been smart enough to keep my sarcastic comments to myself (usually). When I logged on late last night (in between the 14 hours of work and the SAR call) I was "thrilled" to see again that the whackers and noobs plans to dominate the world were proceeding as planned when the bannishments (and subsequent **it-storm). Tired as I was, I decided to "assist" the CLs and "ban" myself for "fun". Turns out that while multiple warnings on an issue will get someone banned... banning yourself will get you a warning. Whoda thunk it???

I may have only been on the forums for less than a year, but I have been in and out of Emergency Services for almost 9 years now, and was finding that my views on many things were greatly affected by the more professional attitudes found in many members posts... so much in fact that I actually found myself (once again) enrolling for classes for increased education sake and because I like to learn and have spent too much of the last few years in a "stagniate state" (no, not New Jersey). Tell me, where are the insightful attitudes and opinions that make people think and review EMS and their place in it? Stifled much?

Alas, if I was to join the forums today, I would think EMS was full of whining, gun toting, blue light on POV, trauma junkie, Shiny EMT card, jump bags in the trunk, scanner junkies…

There is a reason why the threads are not longer about interesting, professional, actual medical issues... and in my opinion, that is because a more PC Forum is desired even though EMS exists in a VERY un-PC world... docile and gentle discussions are expected out of those that are VERY type A, a trait that is desired in Emergency Services, but apparently not in discussions amongst its workers.

Now, do not get me wrong, there are quite a few here that I would love to see shut up and/or banned because I personally believe them to be poor examples of professionals, educators, or even human beings... but things are getting out of hand. I would never assume to tell the mods how to do their unpaid job (it is hard enough to keep a bunch of opinionated medics and EMTs happy without this redneck purposely causing issues)... but when someone losses the ability to ban themselves from the forums as a joke that in no way hurts anyone or cause issues... come on... seriously? :rolleyes: I'd would like to say that I am saddened that my schedule prevents me from playing in this sandbox with any regularity... but I cannot… I am finding old episodes of Rescue 911 more insightful and interesting than 99% of the threads over the last several months…

See ya around Kaisu and anyone else that makes the decision to leave. I may not personally like some of the posters, but for the most part you all are better EMSers than those that will take your place…

Last edited by a moderator:

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief
Hey you forgot threads about watches and license plates.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
It is unfortunate but MO, made many a comment concerning his desire to be banned. Sometimes, being the humans we are, we set the stage ourselves. I already miss Mo. I will miss Mo's contributions and his helpful and unique insight into his specialty. In fact, I'm a wee irritated he went and got himself banned....knowing full well what he was doing and what it would lead to.

I am really confused, Mommy... What the heck are you talking about? :unsure: I have never wanted to be banned although I may have suggested in jest that they only way to get a life is to step away from the computer and being forced away from EMTLIFe might be a means to assist in this endeavor... a thought that should be considered by all (not the banning part... the getting a life outside EMTLIFE part). For the record (as I do not care who knows) I have three warnings against me in 8 months... everyone of which was IMHO RETARDED and did not result in any "points". Once for standing up for a perosn that was being berated in chat. Once for posting an entire article and not just a portion. And once for banning myself. OMG... lock me up and throw away the key... I have never said anything that was meant to hurt someone, nor have I said anything I did not mean 100%, and I sure as heck have never purposely violated any posted rules... If I wanted to get myself banned, trust me, I sure was doing a REALLY BAD job of it... :p Yes, I know exactely what I am doing: having fun... and I know where it will lead: being the least of MMiz's problems...

Banned I am not... yet... self banned I am not... anymore... saddened that I have other things to do than "whacker hunt" and "vent dodge" I am REALLY NOT... but I am around and am willing to post if the subjects become more interesting and useful... :p

DV_EMT

Forum Asst. Chief
:lol:
Alas, if I was to join the forums today, I would think EMS was full of whining, gun toting, blue light on POV, trauma junkie, Shiny EMT card, jump bags in the trunk, scanner junkies…

whats wrong with that??? ;)

jk its all good... i know where your coming from

reaper

Working Bum
:lol: For the record, I was never banned... I have been busy... really busy and whenever I had the chance to log on all I saw were thread after thread about "how do I become an EMT", "what kind of bag do you carry", "how do I get a ca adl", etc... etc... etc... and have been smart enough to keep my sarcastic comments to myself (usually). When I logged on late last night (in between the 14 hours of work and the SAR call) I was "thrilled" to see again that the whackers and noobs plans to dominate the world were proceeding as planned when the bannishments (and subsequent **it-storm). Tired as I was, I decided to "assist" the CLs and "ban" myself for "fun". Turns out that while multiple warnings on an issue will get someone banned... banning yourself will get you a warning. Whoda thunk it???

I may have only been on the forums for less than a year, but I have been in and out of Emergency Services for almost 9 years now, and was finding that my views on many things were greatly affected by the more professional attitudes found in many members posts... so much in fact that I actually found myself (once again) enrolling for classes for increased education sake and because I like to learn and have spent too much of the last few years in a "stagniate state" (no, not New Jersey). Tell me, where are the insightful attitudes and opinions that make people think and review EMS and their place in it? Stifled much?

There is a reason why the threads are not longer about interesting, professional, actual medical issues... and in my opinion, that is because a more PC Forum is desired even though EMS exists in a VERY un-PC world... docile and gentle discussions are expected out of those that are VERY type A, a trait that is desired in Emergency Services, but apparently not in discussions amongst its workers.

Now, do not get me wrong, there are quite a few here that I would love to see shut up and/or banned because I personally believe them to be poor examples of professionals, educators, or even human beings... but things are getting out of hand. I would never assume to tell the mods how to do their unpaid job (it is hard enough to keep a bunch of opinionated medics and EMTs happy without this redneck purposely causing issues)... but when someone losses the ability to ban themselves from the forums as a joke that in no way hurts anyone or cause issues... come on... seriously? :rolleyes: I'd would like to say that I am saddened that my schedule prevents me from playing in this sandbox with any regularity... but I cannot… I am finding old episodes of Rescue 911 more insightful and interesting than 99% of the threads over the last several months…

See ya around Kaisu and anyone else that makes the decision to leave. I may not personally like some of the posters, but for the most part you all are better EMSers than those that will take your place…

For someone that has been on for less then a year to have seen this happen, tells us where it is heading!;)

rescue99

Forum Deputy Chief
I am really confused, Mommy... What the heck are you talking about? :unsure: I have never wanted to be banned although I may have suggested in jest that they only way to get a life is to step away from the computer and being forced away from EMTLIFe might be a means to assist in this endeavor... a thought that should be considered by all (not the banning part... the getting a life outside EMTLIFE part). For the record (as I do not care who knows) I have three warnings against me in 8 months... everyone of which was IMHO RETARDED and did not result in any "points". Once for standing up for a perosn that was being berated in chat. Once for posting an entire article and not just a portion. And once for banning myself. OMG... lock me up and throw away the key... I have never said anything that was meant to hurt someone, nor have I said anything I did not mean 100%, and I sure as heck have never purposely violated any posted rules... If I wanted to get myself banned, trust me, I sure was doing a REALLY BAD job of it... :p Yes, I know exactely what I am doing: having fun... and I know where it will lead: being the least of MMiz's problems...

Banned I am not... yet... self banned I am not... anymore... saddened that I have other things to do than "whacker hunt" and "vent dodge" I am REALLY NOT... but I am around and am willing to post if the subjects become more interesting and useful... :p

Then I am both blind and deef my good friend. Glad to see your doing "a bad job of it" and back among the living again! I'd sure rather be mistaken than lose you here. :)

PS: Too many threads are all serious and full of demands, by what seems to be a few burned out souls. No progressive forum is only about who knows how much more than the next person IMO. Forums are also a form of stress relief for many people and if I don't want to read a thread...I don't bother. Bet I haven't read half. I am definitely more into useful, even light hearted, not angry posts.

It is unappealing to come in and find some joker attacking for no good cause and with too much frequency. The biggest reason EMS still pays so low and will likely never see the light of day on the subject is not because of education. It is pure lack of brotherhood and solidarity. Education is a part of the evolution of the field anyway. What isn't part of evolution yet, not working itself out either; is too many folks are ready and waiting to pounce on each other at any given time whether it's in the class room, in the field or on forums. A-types are in other fields too. It isn't an excuse. Solidarity among EMS workers just isn't there. We'll never be a brotherhood (sisterhood) so long as we refuse to find our way, be mentors, stick together and work together without trying to rip each other apart all of the time. I appreciated most of your posts because you show a good mix of light and serious. So, with that...I thank you for correcting my mistake. :)

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Then I am both blind and deef my good friend. Glad to see your doing "a bad job of it" and back among the living again! I'd sure rather be mistaken than lose you here. :)

PS: Too many threads are all serious and full of demands, by what seems to be a few burned out souls. No progressive forum is only about who knows how much more than the next person IMO. Forums are also a form of stress relief for many people and if I don't want to read a thread...I don't bother. Bet I haven't read half. I am definitely more into useful, even light hearted, not angry posts.

It is unappealing to come in and find some joker attacking for no good cause and with too much frequency. The biggest reason EMS still pays so low and will likely never see the light of day on the subject is not because of education. It is pure lack of brotherhood and solidarity. Education is a part of the evolution of the field anyway. What isn't part of evolution yet, not working itself out either; is too many folks are ready and waiting to pounce on each other at any given time whether it's in the class room, in the field or on forums. A-types are in other fields too. It isn't an excuse. Solidarity among EMS workers just isn't there. We'll never be a brotherhood (sisterhood) so long as we refuse to find our way, be mentors, stick together and work together without trying to rip each other apart all of the time. I appreciated most of your posts because you show a good mix of light and serious. So, with that...I thank you for correcting my mistake. :)

My brother is a dumbass, my sister is a drama queen/whiner, my mother is crazy, my dad is a quiet loner type, I am a sarcastic jokester, my uncle is a drunkard, my cousin is a druggie...yep seems like all the family types are in EMS as well...and I will treat you all "my brothers and sisters", the same as I treat my real family.

I will pounce and rip but with good intentions. It is called tough love. :)

I really, really hate the analogy of this being a familial business. You are neither my brother nor my sister, there is no need for these romantic notions simply because we both like to help people (hope that is your reason) and we chose a similar career path.

The only profession that constantly blows the family trumpet is the fire service. Amazing how every other profession can survive and improve without pulling the family card.

Hows that for proving your point?

rescuepoppy

Forum Lieutenant
I am one of those posters with the signature line that is now in violation of the new rules. I am also one of the posters that experienced an inability to log onto the site for a couple of days. I thought to myself - do I have a virus? is the site really really busy at Christmas? is it possible that this is in retaliation for my support of a banned individual? - Nah - that's just paranoia.

I believe I have been a good contributor to this site. I don't diss people and generally post well thought out, often humorous, and certainly geared towards improving ourselves and our positions.

I am offended and outraged at heavy handed attempts to silence me. I have no other recourse but to get off this site. I know that no-one will give a s**t because what is my voice in with the thousands among this site but its all I got.

I was hoping to get some goodbyes and well wishes, but this thread will probably get locked, deleted or otherwise silenced as well. I will check back because those wishes would mean a lot to me and then I will delete my account.
Kaisu I hope you decide to just take a break and then decide whether or not to leave this forum. I have not always agreed with your opinions, but then again we are not supposed to agree with each other all the time. I have learned from your posts, and have been forced to rethink my own ideas by your posts that is in my opinion the way we learn. Again I hope you decide to return in the future. I am looking forward to reading more from you.

piranah

Forum Captain
well...I have been here for awhile..I have seen some amazing experience come and (sadly)go....I wish you all would stay because I have learned a great deal from his forum and it gave me the thought to better myself. goodbye everyone who chooses to go...we will miss the insight. by the way..I've been ripped on a few times for stupid things I've said/done...thats just EMS..welcome..

Cory

Forum Captain
Kaisu:
I never knew you at all. However, and some will disagree with this, I can relate to your situation. It seems as if some places do silence their members, and I completely understand that is not the intention, but that is often the result when forum staff try to keep such a firm, not flexible stand about everything (I'm talking about many forums here, no need to jump to conclusions) Unfortunately, some people just tend to have issues with forum staff members on some forums (I admit that) and the user never wins, ever. So keep being who you are. If you want to diss a freind that has been banned to keep you in good standing with an admin, then whatever. I would never do that, and I don't think you would either Kaisu, and (for what its worth) just know that I and many others respect that.

One thing that I can say about this forum staff is that they are more inclined to give second chances than others.

Kaisu, good luck with whatever decision you make.

MMiz

I put the M in EMTLife
Community Leader
I think this thread has run its course. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.