New NBC series "Trauma" this fall

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
Personally, I love Trauma. Its really the only show I watch on TV. I got really drained of the crime shows and what not. Atleast Trauma gives me some kind of interest because I know thats what I'll be doing in the future.

I seriously hope you're kidding...

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
I seriously hope you're kidding...

I think people misunderstood me so im sorry. I enjoy the show. Am I certain that the show is like real life EMS, obviously not. I just find it enjoyable and rather ammusing. I know its not real but I do enjoy suspending disbeleif for an hour on a monday.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
I cant believe it is still on..I thought it was supposed to be off the air..but I can not be so lucky blah

Nick647

Forum Lieutenant
I cant believe it is still on..I thought it was supposed to be off the air..but I can not be so lucky blah

I thought I read somewhere that after episode 8 (or 13 I thought I read too), it will be done but I am not sure.

VFFforpeople

Forum Captain
Same I think someone said they were bringing back chuck to replace it in january or something like that.

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
As I understand it: New shows are typically given the green light for an initial 13 episodes which usually run from September to December/January. In late to early November the success of the new shows are reviewed by TV Execs who decide if they should give the go ahead for another 13 episodes to make a complete season (26ish episodes). If they decide to cancel the show, as is the case here, the executives can either decide to 1. Immediately shut down production and cease airing any of the already shot episodes, 2. Immediately shut shown production and air the already shot episodes, or 3. Continue production on the original 13 and air the episodes. Number 1 and 2 are the usual choices, and number 3 is usually not done sionce they are basiclly dumping more money into a failed show, however, in this case, Trauma episodes are still being filmed (last week they were in Oakland filming as I understand it) until they reach that 13 episode production run and all the episodes will be aired until ~Christmas and then Chuck will replace Trauma. Never watched Chuck, but THANK GOD!!!

Oh, and I say again, this show had the propensity to bring super hero wannabes out of the woodworks, people who say how much they love the show because it is so realistic, and now it is what they want to do… SEE??? I know that it should be viewed as mindless entertainment, not to be taken seriously at all, but I still contend that too many people cannot distinguish what they see on TV from real life, and too many people would think this was real; a fact that would/will/has had a negative impact on EMS, much the way Crime Dramas can and have had a negative impact on LE. (Yes it is true that Law Enforcement and Cops in general are not as screwed up as portrayed on NYPD Blue, The Shield, or Southland… but what is portrayed on TV forms the basis for too many people’s perception of reality because people are STUPID.) IMAO.

Last edited by a moderator:

HotelCo

Forum Deputy Chief
William Shatner's second greatest show.
I think we all know what number one was...

We certainly do...
twilight-zone.jpg

:p

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
We certainly do...
twilight-zone.jpg

:p

"There's someone on the wing... some... thing..." ^_^

vs...

"We are gathered here today to pay final respects to our honored dead. But it should be noted that this death takes place in the shadow of new life, the sunrise of a new world; a world that our beloved comrade gave his life to protect and nourish. He did not feel this sacrifice a vain or empty one, and we will not debate his profound wisdom at these proceedings. Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most... human." -Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Naw... My original statement still stands... ;)

Mountain Res-Q

Forum Deputy Chief
CRAP!!! Revise my earlier post... Although it was cancelled several weeks ago, NBC has now ordered 3 more episodes to be filmed, bringing the total to 16. After the first 13 air, Chuck will replace Trauma in that timeslot and the new episodes of Trauma will not air until the completion of NBC's coverage of the 2010 Winter Olympics. It is not known at what time and day they will air; although who cares? The reason for the ordering of only 3 more episodes is unclear, but some reports say that is has to do with how piss poor NBCs lineups currently are... but how ordering more episodes of a failing show will help a dying network is beyond me; maybe there is just too much crap on TV and they don't have enoguh replacement stuff to make up for the number of shows that should be cancelled. According to the ratings, Trauma is scoring 4th in that timeslot against the other major networks and is currently 15th on the list of most watched shows on Monday Nights...

Last edited by a moderator:

firecoins

IFT Puppet
I thought this thread was cancelled but I see NBC ordered more posts.

Don't you remember the days when NBC had shows about nothing?

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
I dream of the day when I too can add nasal intubation, and dextrose by IVP to my Basic arsenal.

This will probably happen right after we get stairchairs with the little tready things on them.

medichopeful

Flight RN/Paramedic
I think people misunderstood me so im sorry. I enjoy the show. Am I certain that the show is like real life EMS, obviously not. I just find it enjoyable and rather ammusing. I know its not real but I do enjoy suspending disbeleif for an hour on a monday.

lol no problem. Don't worry about it. You had me scared for a minute :ph34r::p

allvitals09

Forum Crew Member
I dream of the day when I too can add nasal intubation, and dextrose by IVP to my Basic arsenal.

This will probably happen right after we get stairchairs with the little tready things on them.

I have used the stair chairs with the treads. They definitely make life easier

Brandon O

Puzzled by facies
I have used the stair chairs with the treads. They definitely make life easier

We had 'em in California. Such an obvious concept I didn't even realize then that they didn't all come that way. Durrr, let's literally invent the wheel here folks...

allvitals09

Forum Crew Member
I have been lifted in the old school stair chairs, i don't understand how people still use them.... It felt like i was being dropped on every step.........Then they actually dropped me.

Steffah

Forum Probie
I don't even have to be trained yet to tell this is all a bunch of bull:censored::censored::censored::censored:. Corny as hell, and the characters are kinda stupid anyway

JOSH

Forum Probie
I heard about that show. might watch but the show I really like is ''Eemergency''