My gf is having our baby, should I deliver?

tommyG

Forum Probie
Naw, don't do it. She needs your support as a mate. Let others who won't be emotionally involved do the delivery.

Lozenger19

Forum Crew Member
It's up to you and your gf

She will need: want lots of support, so talk to her about it and it might be avoid idea to talk to her midwife as well (for her advice).

Let us know the outcome :)

EMSrush

Forum Captain
i realised my role was to be there for my wife. She didn't need me distracted, trying to do something else. There were plenty of other people who were better trained.

this!!!

rforsythe

Forum Probie
I realised my role was to be there for my wife. She didn't need me distracted, trying to do something else. There were plenty of other people who were better trained. I was just going to be in the way.

Agreed. There will be a bunch of people in the room far more qualified than you (assuming you're not delivering on the side of the road - it's not like all us dads weren't thinking about that possibility), and at that moment you have an important responsibility -- to be a dad to your kid, and a partner to your girlfriend/wife. It's not a moment you want to have other responsibility in if you can help it; this comes once and you should be in it emotionally.

Oh, congrats! Our 2nd is coming in a week and a half as well.

Flight-LP

Forum Deputy Chief
you should do it, if you never want to look at her vag the same way again

And the shallow gene pool of EMS returns.

A real man has more appreciation and respect for his lady to even consider your comment being anything more than juvenile humor.

Don't be a jacka$$.

ffemt8978

Forum Vice-Principal
Community Leader
Play nice.

Missedcue

Forum Crew Member
As EMT's we are all medical professionals, although it doesn't seem like anyone on this thread cares to act like one. Aside from being a father and witnessing the miracle of life and what-not, delivering a baby for the first time in a clinical setting with others on hand to help if things go sideways is SOOOO much better than being faced with a crowning baby in the back of your rig for the first time with no prior experience. I say dive in, get hands on, deliver that kid and marvel at how amazing your girlfriend's vagina is.

jjesusfreak01

Forum Deputy Chief
Rode with a medic the other day that delivered his last child. It was his 5th or 6th delivery overall. He didn't have any regrets about the experience, but personally, I wouldn't endeavor to do such a thing until I had some experience with other people's kids.

Sasha

Forum Chief
As EMT's we are all medical professionals, although it doesn't seem like anyone on this thread cares to act like one. Aside from being a father and witnessing the miracle of life and what-not, delivering a baby for the first time in a clinical setting with others on hand to help if things go sideways is SOOOO much better than being faced with a crowning baby in the back of your rig for the first time with no prior experience. I say dive in, get hands on, deliver that kid and marvel at how amazing your girlfriend's vagina is.

Its YOUR child your own flesh and blood. I personally would want someone with experience delivering not someone who is trying to figure it out for next time.

Sent from LuLu using Tapatalk

Pneumothorax

Forum Lieutenant
Don't do it, in theory it sounds like an awesome idea, but if the kid comes out breech(sp) and has an APGAR of 2 youll :censored::censored::censored::censored: yourself bc you aren't in the proper environment to get your baby the care it needs. If you wanna get a front row seat to her vagina ask the OB doc if u can assist in the delivery. As a female that's what I would want, for myself my baby & bf/ husband

Missedcue

Forum Crew Member
Its YOUR child your own flesh and blood. I personally would want someone with experience delivering not someone who is trying to figure it out for next time.

people have been delivering babies for many centuries longer than there were hospitals and doctors, and if you are in a hospital there are MD's and RN's right there in case things go pear-shaped.

Sasha

Forum Chief
people have been delivering babies for many centuries longer than there were hospitals and doctors, and if you are in a hospital there are MD's and RN's right there in case things go pear-shaped.

I love that excuse! Long before there were doctors and nurses there was also a ridiculously high mother/infant mortality rate. We have docs for a reason. Let them deliver and support your spouse.

CAOX3

Forum Deputy Chief

I say marvel at your girlfriends amazing vagina topside and when she isn't pushing something the size of a pumpkin through it.

I love vagina as much as the next guy, probably more but the image of a guy with a tool belt, a light on his head elbow deep in your girls amazing vagina is going to take some time to recover from.

I'm a professional, sorry but thats the gods honest truth.

Cup of Joe

Forum Captain
I say marvel at your girlfriends amazing vagina topside and when she isn't pushing something the size of a pumpkin through it.

I love vagina as much as the next guy, probably more but the image of a guy with a tool belt, a light on his head elbow deep in your girls amazing vagina is going to take some time to recover from.

I'm a professional, sorry but thats the gods honest truth.

525-so-much-win.png

I would have to agree. Let the people with a lot more education, training, and experience do what they do.

Calichic

Forum Probie
I personally wouldn't, She is going to need your support
and since it is so personal to you will be caught in the emotional part of it to think clearly..Maybe being involved yes but not actual delivery
especially if it does not go smoothly

BlakeFabian

Forum Probie
Seriously? Have you ever seen a delivery? Sh** gets messed up down there during delivery. If you deliver your child, I don't think you'll ever want to have sex with your girlfriend again. You'll look at her vagina and keep remembering that horrid & messy day.

ArcticKat

Forum Captain
Seriously? Have you ever seen a delivery? Sh** gets messed up down there during delivery. If you deliver your child, I don't think you'll ever want to have sex with your girlfriend again. You'll look at her vagina and keep remembering that horrid & messy day.

That comment just highlights your immaturity. I'm really hoping you're about 19 years old and not 40.

akflightmedic

Forum Deputy Chief
Seriously...I am absolutely amazed at the asinine comments of someone telling this guy or anyone that stuff gets messed up down there and you will never wanna have sex again or will be scarred for life....seriously?? How old are you and have you ever had a child of your own or witnessed one???

As said earlier, I assisted with all 3 of my kids, all were vag births and all stretched "my playground" beyond belief...but that is what was amazing. Amazing that the woman I had children with was able to do this to her body, her body being able to accommodate those 3 kids entering this world.

Absolutely amazing!!! It is indescribable. And apparently since I had 3 kids, it seems not only was I able to return to my playground to impregnate again, I went there many, many times and it was no less enjoyable.

So all I have to say is this...Grow Up! And until you have had children of your own with a woman you love and until you have been there in between her legs watching your child enter the world, you really cannot have a valid opinion on anything regarding this matter of how one will feel watching a vagina get stretched until you have actually been there done that. (Watching videos or other women have babies is not the same as if it were your own woman with your own child).